PDA

View Full Version : Serra's Shiznat

mystic_peacock
July 13th, 2005, 11:49 PM
I decided to join the sketchbook club. I was going through a bunch of my old artwork and realized that almost no one has seen it, since I've kept it in a drawer for quite awhile. I decided the scribbles needed some air... hence they are here!

This first one is Alice as in Alice in Wonderland, drawn the way I think she should have looked. Signed with the legal--albeit ordinary--spelling of my name. I still can't decide how to sign my art: Sarah or Serra. Hm.
--Serra

Bethra
July 14th, 2005, 02:35 AM
Thats lovely work honey I look forward to seeing more of it :D

Welcome to MW by the way glad you were able to work out how to post your pictures :D

mystic_peacock
July 17th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Thanks Bethra! And thank you for the attachment help :)

Here are two more... one is a drawing of "Lucifer". I was going to do two drawings, one in which he was incredibly beautiful and one in which his face is still beautiful but he's frightening as well. I did the scary one first and I liked it so much that I decided it didn't matter if it had its mate-drawing.

The second is a drawing of a woman named "The Swan" because I gave her a longish neck and she looks delicate.

--Serra

Bethra
July 17th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Swan is beautifull :) The poise you have with her is lovely, and yes she does look delicate :)

Lucifer is kind cute in his own little evil way also. :)

mystic_peacock
July 18th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Swan is beautifull :) The poise you have with her is lovely, and yes she does look delicate :)

Lucifer is kind cute in his own little evil way also. :)

Thank you! :)
I'll post some more when I have the time; right now I have to run.

--Serra

mystic_peacock
July 21st, 2005, 12:35 PM
Here are a few more drawings!

1-a Goblin woman... just a random doodle I did in class
2-A sort of scary looking angel-lady. I liked the idea of a creepy angel.
3-De-masked; someone that was being destroyed by wearing a mask, and was finally able to remove it. I love masks and had a whole series of mask drawings... :)

Keep in mind that these are all old; pre-art major days! I'd like to think I'm better than this now... but I don't really keep a sketchbook now so it's hard to tell! And I'd love to post some of my art class studies (like from my figure drawing class) but it's all 18X24, much to big to even carry easily, let alone scan!

--Serra

mystic_peacock
August 6th, 2005, 07:34 PM
More drawings... I did a bunch of uploading this morning. These are pretty old. The one of Athena was something I did when I was a freshman in high school (4 years ago!) for an "Odyssey" project. The Star-Eyed drawing I did my junior year.

Maybe when I get back to school and keep a sketchbook again, I'll post some new stuff :)

:abanana:

--Serra

Druchii
August 6th, 2005, 07:37 PM
:thumbsup: Nice stuff! And welcome to MW, and thanks for posting your work! :D

Jolixte
August 6th, 2005, 07:39 PM
I love your work :)

mystic_peacock
August 23rd, 2005, 12:06 AM
Thank you Aminta and Druchii for your comments :) :)

I know I haven't posted in a bit... haven't been on the computer too much lately.

These next two drawings are designs for both a character and her weapons. Largely inspired by "Lord of the Rings" (at leat the weapons are). I really like how these turned out. It's always nice when I like my work--I do so much that I don't like, it's a nice change to be happy with something!

--Serra

mystic_peacock
September 29th, 2005, 01:41 AM
I haven't posted in this sketchbook in awhile! Well I've been back in school for about a month now and have done two art projects for my illustration class, and am working on a third.
The photos are blurry (my digicam is bad... haven't gotten around to using the scanner for these yet) but here are my two projects: pen and ink artichoke, scratchboard of my boyfriend's face :)

--Serra