PDA

View Full Version : why are my horoscopes always innacurate??

xstarE_nitex
July 16th, 2005, 05:43 PM
I used to buy those horoscope books for the whole year but there never right.... how come my horoscopes are always wrong????

anyone else have this problem???

Karma Chameleon
July 16th, 2005, 05:47 PM
I used to buy those horoscope books for the whole year but there never right.... how come my horoscopes are always wrong????

Yes.(Of course I didn't actually buy the books.) I do not fit the typical Cancer sign at all. It took me awhile until I figured out that there's a lot more to to than just the sun sign.

Valkie
July 16th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Exactly. There is a lot more to astrology than just Sun signs, which is what most of those 'horoscope for the year' is based on.

starry8847
July 17th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Hi there....I/ve dipped into the astrology way of thinking years ago and knowing where your rising sign was and the other planets were, when you were born, has everything to do with how the world sees you and how you see the world.....I got into it to understand myself better...It helped me loo%!!!!! It takes some math skills, (I'm not good at,) to figure charts but I have a simple program that figure's the math out for me and I can do simple charts on my comp. It was a $12.99 expert program. I suggest starting there...the ones in the books and newspaper are to general and probably don't fit too many. Blessed Be.

xstarE_nitex
July 17th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Thanks....
very helpful....

:graduate:

watchman11
July 17th, 2005, 05:59 PM

If you're interested a yearly forecast, you should check out your Solar return. It's like your natal chart but is calculated on any birthday for the year to come. You have free solar return charts at astro.com (without interpretation, but you can ask for tips here once you got it)

Being a numerology freak, I'd also recommend you look up your Personal year and Essence.

Shatril
July 18th, 2005, 08:13 PM
I will do a natal chart for you for free. Just tell me the date of your birth, the exact time, and the location. I wiil whip it up for you. We can then see if one of the other guys will do an interpretation for you.

Shatril

rottencandy7
July 18th, 2005, 08:41 PM
i always felt that i had much in common w/ taurus and come to find out its my moon sign. i feel that my moon sign is more personal, inner self whereas my sun sign is more my physical and outer self. you might want to find your moon sign and see if that fits you more. good luck <3

Kadynas
July 18th, 2005, 11:46 PM
For horoscopes, while they're generally inaccurate, you might have better luck buying one for your rising sign rather than your Sun... most daily horoscope type things are based off the Moon (largely) and other planets (to a somewhat lesser degree) moving through the houses of your horoscope and if you're reading for your rising sign, at least you're reading the right house setup. :)

I have a wicked hard time myself though, since my rising is the last degree of Gemini, and the horoscopes are pretty much a coin flip with my intercepted houses. :)

McDarvin
July 19th, 2005, 01:24 AM
For horoscopes, while they're generally inaccurate, you might have better luck buying one for your rising sign rather than your Sun... most daily horoscope type things are based off the Moon (largely) and other planets (to a somewhat lesser degree) moving through the houses of your horoscope and if you're reading for your rising sign, at least you're reading the right house setup. :)

I have a wicked hard time myself though, since my rising is the last degree of Gemini, and the horoscopes are pretty much a coin flip with my intercepted houses. :)

I was going to say this, thank you for saying it first. I usually always read my rising sign, horoscope. I never read my sun sign horiscope because it's never right. I'm a libra sun, but I always read the scorpio's. haha it works for me.

Fluffmeister
July 19th, 2005, 06:13 AM

Yes, I'm 27 Leo rising, and a Pisces Sun. To get the houses right in horoscopes, I have to read the Virgo description!

Actually, you really need *both* sets of horoscopes, because your standard newspaper horoscope has two elements to it - the "flavour" and the "area".

Now, the Sun sign says what the flavour is - is it a good day or a bad day? The rising sign says what area it acts out in. So let's say someone is Taurus Sun with early Sag rising, and the Taurus horosocope says "today you will get bad news from abroad" and the Sag horoscope says "today will feel great and you may come into some money" then this is how you'd read it:

Your Sun sign says is it good or bad - well, the Taurus scope says it's bad. Forget the "abroad" bit, that's a 9th house thing so not to do with your Sun sign.

The rising sign says the area - well, the Sag scope says it's to do with money. Forget the "great" bit, as that's Sun sign.

So - it's going to be a bad day regarding money!

The way this works is the good/bad bit is to do with Moon placement. For instance, the Moon is moving into Capricorn today - so horoscopes for Taurus and Virgo will be good for today (Moon trines Sun). Horoscopes for Libra and Aries will be bad for today (Moon squares Sun).

Since the horoscope writers only know one thing - the Sun sign - all they can go on is the current position of Moon, Mercury, Sun, Venus and Mars in relation to that sign. The house that the Moon is in will tell the area - which is why to find that out you need to look up your rising sign (and if it's in late degrees, use the next sign).