PDA

View Full Version : Gods??????

SpiDer_AnGeL
November 4th, 2001, 02:42 PM
What Gods are close to you/do you believe in???(just curious)......
-SpiDer

loopy
November 4th, 2001, 02:50 PM
Well, I believe in all of 'em, but the ones I relate to most are Kali, Shiva, Freyja, Odin, Tara... a lot of deities in the Hindu pantheon, although I don't with any pantheon exclusively. :)

How 'bout you? :)

Aengus McTeague
November 4th, 2001, 02:51 PM
For me its the Celtic pantheon. You might want to take a look on the "Gods and Goddesses" forum. Afew threads there about this topic.

BB,
Aengus

SpiDer_AnGeL
November 4th, 2001, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by loopy
Well, I believe in all of 'em, but the ones I relate to most are Kali, Shiva, Freyja, Odin, Tara... a lot of deities in the Hindu pantheon, although I don't with any pantheon exclusively. :)

How 'bout you? :)
I'm really new to this, but I find my self leaning towards many Greek gods....yeah. Right now I'm still "searching" (im not sure if thats how I'd put it......) for the Gods I'm closest too, ya know what I mean? Thanks Aengus McTeague, I never thought to look in the Gods and Goddesses forum, I think I shall. Adios and Blessed Be-
SpiDer

UnSolon
November 4th, 2001, 03:48 PM
Oh greek gods... there are some good ones there...

I've always found myself attracted to Bachus...

random
November 4th, 2001, 04:28 PM
I love learning of any and every god/godess, but I do not believe in them. I am unable to accept the idea. Just knowing of the gods/godesses and their stories is fine with me, for me. But I have no faith in them.

Sequoia
November 4th, 2001, 05:06 PM
All of them. I believe in all of them. If they were ever worshipped, if anyone ever believed in them, then to me, they existed. So I belive in all of their existance.

Who do I worship is another question entirely!! hehe

hmm. . . well. . . . Bast, sometimes. . . . mostly the mother (earth). . . . the sister (moon). . . . . others, sometimes. It's not so much daily worship etc as it is me praying sometimes to them, or thanking them. When I pray for something. . . I generally ask for anyone who would help me, and I thank all of them.

kittiepoetrygod
November 4th, 2001, 05:07 PM
Pan ... Hekate ... Aradia ... Anu... Danu.

Avena
November 5th, 2001, 09:51 AM
Athena :thumbsup:

NeoPhoenix
November 9th, 2001, 04:54 PM
I too believe in all Gods/Goddesses, But I'm closest to Cerridwen, and Cernunnos.

http://www.adinet.net/Globe_HTML/images/ggg/globes/stylized/rotatearth_sm.gif

Kadynas
November 10th, 2001, 04:17 AM
I follow the theory that all goddesses are faces of the Goddess, and all gods are faces of the God.

I mostly stick to the Greek and Roman pantheons myself. I guess I feel closest to Venus, Persephone, and Psyche...it's hard to pick. I tend to call on the god or goddess that is most appropriate to my needs at the time.

Youngpagan87
November 11th, 2001, 09:20 AM
Isis

Emerald Sky
November 11th, 2001, 11:18 AM
I follow the Norse pantheon. Hulda is my patroness, and the main deity that I worship, but I also look to Frigga, who is sometimes believed to be Hulda, Freyja, Odin, and Thor. I believe in the other Norse gods, but I don't call on them specifically... at least not yet. ;)