PDA

View Full Version : I got myself a new book

Sunshine
March 17th, 2001, 08:48 AM
I am just starting out learning about witchcraft and I'm hoping to learn alot and become a proper witch. Since I don't have much knowledge on the subject, I'm guessing this is going to take me many years, but I really want to give it a go.

I bought myself a book called "The Real Witches Handbook" by Kate West and I'm hoping that I can learn alot from that.

Can anyone recommend a good online bookshop that I can buy books from? There aren't many books in my local bookshop. I am from the UK so it has to ship overseas.

Hope you can help

Sunshine

eaglewolf
March 17th, 2001, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the post, I hope the book is good for you...

...I went ahead and moved the thread for ya too...

;)

~ew

rantnraven
March 17th, 2001, 05:44 PM
May I suggest the following:

"Paganism - A begginer's Guide" by Teresa Moorey.

Can't tell you were to find it but, it does hit a little on Standard Craft, Hedge Witches and other stuff.

I recommend this book to just about everyone.

Be Well!

RnR

Ari
March 17th, 2001, 05:59 PM
There's another recent thread in this forum that deals with online bookstores...You can also sometimes find really good, cheap books in second hand bookstores; if there are any in your area I'd check them out.

"The Spiral Dance" by Starhawk is my favourite for beginners...

hollymoon
March 18th, 2001, 02:27 PM
Merry Meet Sunshine

I am from the UK too and have found that Amazon.co.uk have some good titles and I have ordered quite a few things from them.

If you have a Waterstones near you thay have good stuff too. I was in my local branch on Friday and was pleased to see their Mind, Body and Spirit section is getting increasingly pagan!

One of my favourite books at the moment is A Witch Alone by Marian Green, it has a very British slant on being a witch. It makes a nice change, as so much stuff seems to be from the US.

Hope this helps - Blessed Be

Hollymoon

Ari
March 19th, 2001, 01:35 AM
Hollymoon - I've heard good things about "A Witch Alone", what topics does it cover?

hollymoon
March 22nd, 2001, 02:50 PM
Hello again Ari

Basically it is a moon by moon guide to following the pagan path. She is a very wise witch and at times very deep.

There are 13 chapters and at the end of each are suggested exercises for the month. The exercises encourage spiritual growth and are really fun to do.

At the moment I am only up to chapter 3, but her guidance about meeting the god and godess was spot on!

I am actually being very good and not skipping ahead (despite patience never being one of my virtues) but I think that if I take it slowly and don't rush I will learn more. There is a lot to take in!

I hope this helps. Blessed Be

Hollymoon

Ari
March 23rd, 2001, 01:57 AM
Sounds a bit like Ariadne's Thread then. I've seen it in the bookstore a couple of times...will have to take a closer look.