PDA

View Full Version : How To Support The Troops - Links

AmericanMe
July 20th, 2005, 08:45 PM
A whole lotta links for those who want to put their money and/or time where their mouth is and support US, British, Australian, Canadian, Danish, even Polish troops! Though there's way to many links to post here.
So here is a link to the source:

http://www.windsofchange.net/archives/003234.php (http://www.windsofchange.net/archives/003234.php)

Enjoy!

Willow Rosette
July 20th, 2005, 11:07 PM
Thank you AM for posting this link. We should keep this bumped so people can always see it.

Kindra

LadyCelt
July 30th, 2005, 04:39 AM
The link doesn't work

BlueMoon13
July 30th, 2005, 06:24 AM
worked for me.....try it again,maybe it was gummed up when you gave it a go?

AmericanMe
July 30th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Little slow but it works for me. Make sure you have TLS 1.0 checked in your tools>internet options>advanced settings on your internet explorer toolbar.

LadyCelt
July 30th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Now it works. Maybe the site was down a few hours ago. It happens sometimes, maybe too much bandwith.

Govannan
August 27th, 2005, 10:46 AM
I wouldn't want to support those troops!

I totally disagree with the war

AmericanMe
August 27th, 2005, 06:35 PM

Highly inappropriate.

If you don't want to donate to the troops, then don't.

If you want to argue the war, there are many, many threads in this room to do it.

Leatherwolffe
August 27th, 2005, 09:19 PM

I can't tell you how much I disagree with your opinion and find it very offensive and quite sad

mol
August 29th, 2005, 01:18 PM

You don't have to support the war...to support your troops.

WokeUpDead
August 29th, 2005, 09:30 PM
But you don't necessarily have to support complete strangers either.

Djinn
August 29th, 2005, 11:05 PM
Highly inappropriate.

If you don't want to donate to the troops, then don't.

If you want to argue the war, there are many, many threads in this room to do it.

Why is it inappropriate not to support troops fighting in a war one doesn't agree with? Or did you mean inappropriate to post the opinion in the support the troops thread?

PaganLibrarian
August 30th, 2005, 12:52 PM
I took it to mean that it was inappropriate to attack the war and the troops in this particular thread.

AmericanMe
August 30th, 2005, 02:01 PM
I took it to mean that it was inappropriate to attack the war and the troops in this particular thread.

Exactly.

PP is pretty much 'all-Iraq, all-the-time' anyway.

ImperiumInternum
October 29th, 2005, 04:47 AM
A whole lotta links for those who want to put their money and/or time where their mouth is and support US, British, Australian, Canadian, Danish, even Polish troops! Though there's way to many links to post here.
So here is a link to the source:

http://www.windsofchange.net/archives/003234.php (http://www.windsofchange.net/archives/003234.php)

Enjoy!

"Support the troops to do what? Butcher innocent men,women and children in their own land?
Or how about support the troops to invade yet another sovereign moslem country?
Have you people learned nothing from the 11/9 incident?
Perhaps you will all start to wake up that imeprialism doesn`t pay when the moslems bring the war to your own shores?

dragoncrone
November 20th, 2005, 01:59 PM
...by bringing them home, and out of Bush's bogus war.

Little Billy
December 30th, 2005, 01:52 AM

Troops don't make policy, Govannan.

You REALLY want the military to start deciding which orders it will take? If so, please read up on Argentina, history of, 1945-1960.

The troops didn't cause this stupid farce...they just have to fight in it.

Man
December 30th, 2005, 09:12 PM
What do we mean by support our troops? Do we mean support them as in keep ordering them to fight and die in this pointless war? Or do we mean support them as in providing them safety and protection. Because if we mean the latter we should just send them home. Bombing the other country is no way to protect against them. Oi! What's this world coming to? Idiots and inbreds.

Knocker
January 5th, 2006, 05:37 PM
I would imagine it's support in the sense of giving moral support to those who have to their job (like many of you) whether they like it or not. Some of those troops are pagan. Your going to turn you back on them just cause you don't like their boss? Wouldn't that be akin to someone online asking for prayers and good energy but everyone elsing saying "No, we don't like your HP so where not gonna help you." That's rotter.

kal
January 5th, 2006, 05:49 PM
the troops have to go where their commander in chief tells them
or else go to jail or get a discharge they just have to make the best
of a bad situation

dragonsfollower
March 19th, 2006, 09:31 PM
hell dont feel bad 90 percent of us troop disagree with the war but we still need suport

dragoncrone
April 13th, 2006, 01:25 PM
...by providing them with all the physical and psychological help they need when they come home??!! Veterans benefits are at a dangerously low level under the current administration.

LadyAriana
April 24th, 2006, 08:29 AM

Amen Mol! I'm completely against the war, and 150% for the troops. These are my friends, my co-workers, my buddies, my ride home when I've had a little too much fun at the club.

These men and women are the most amazing group of people I've had the pleasure of working with, and for most of them on their x deployment in as many years (and no I won't say how many, security reasons), they have given up so much for their job. I've had to say goodbye to many friends this last year, I've had to watch so many children crying.

So be for or against the war if you want, choose whatever politics you want, but never ever be against the brave men and women who face every day not knowning if they'll make it home. Until you've walked in their boots, you can't possibly know what it's like.

Cain
April 24th, 2006, 08:33 AM
You could always take the Bill Hicks position: be for the war, but against the troops.

ArmanenPriest
October 15th, 2006, 07:56 AM
What is `very offensive` and `quite sad` about a poster disagreeing with an imperialist war against the moslem world?
Why does someone who does not agree with an unjust war be a cause of `offence` to you?

I can't tell you how much I disagree with your opinion and find it very offensive and quite sad

ArmanenPriest
October 15th, 2006, 07:58 AM
But surely supporting troops who are waging a war of terror against other countries is tantamount to supporting the Bush regime that sent them?
Do you not see a connection between the two?

ArmanenPriest
October 15th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Of course the troops don`t make government policy but nobody made them join up and even after having joined up no-one can make them fight.

Troops don't make policy, Govannan.

You REALLY want the military to start deciding which orders it will take? If so, please read up on Argentina, history of, 1945-1960.

The troops didn't cause this stupid farce...they just have to fight in it.

Doctor Jeep
February 6th, 2007, 03:52 AM
This thread is puzzling. Looking at the links provided, it seems that one can do a lot of things for the soldiers in Iraq, regardless of one's position on the "war" itself.

And yet, I just read elsewhere here that "supporting the troops means supporting what they are dying for."

So which is it?

Keli
April 26th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Ok, this is odd. When I tried clicking on the little arrow that SHOULD take me to the last post in this thread, which SAID it belonged to someone named Ivan (who isn't on the Members List), it said this: "No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator (http://www.mysticwicks.com/sendmessage.php)". But when I just clicked on the thread link and went to the last post, it was by Doctor Jeep. And when I clicked on Ivan's name, it took me to Doctor Jeep's profile. This happened in a few other threads, too. Well, one of them was Nebt's and one was AM's. Different threads, all supposedly from Ivan. What's up?

Ra Tem Kheper
April 28th, 2007, 07:38 PM
support the troops---BRING THEM HOME!!!!

wtfidka
May 17th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Are they not doing a job they chose to do, I dont believe they are conscripted are they?

AmericanMe
June 6th, 2007, 06:52 PM
For a British Soldier in Iraq:
British Soldier
c/o G1 Branch
HQ MultiNational Div (SE)
Basra, BFPO 641
And for a British soldier in Afghanistan:
British Soldier
c/o G1 Branch
HQ Helmand Province Task Force
Camp Bastion, BFPO 792.t
If you would like to send a postcard or letter of support to Canadian Troops in Afghanistan, please use these addresses (the first is Kabul and the second is Kandahar):
Any Canadian Soldier
OP ARCHER
KABUL 100
PO BOX 5113 STN FORCES
BELLEVILLE ON K8N 5W6
Any Canadian Soldier
OP ATHENA
PO Box 5058 Stn Forces
Belleville ON K8N 5W6
For the Aussies, you can send an email. See this site for more details (http://www.defence.gov.au/opcatalyst/support.htm).

TheRiverDaughter
June 7th, 2007, 04:12 PM
http://www.theshipsproject.com/Home.htm

(for those who are more crafty/handy with knitting, crochet, or sewing than with writing letters)

Laisrean
November 13th, 2008, 02:08 AM
*bump*

Perhaps this thread should be moved over to the new Military forum? There's also quite a few other threads here and there in PP and elsewhere on MW that probably could use a move there as well, but this is the only one I could instantly find due to it having been stickied. :)

Philosophia
November 13th, 2008, 05:14 AM
*moved this thread*

DyfanSulien
November 13th, 2008, 06:37 PM
You might also try-

www.anysoldier.com (http://www.anysoldier.com) if your supporting american troops overseas.

or

www.supporttheroops.ca (http://www.supporttheroops.ca) if your supporting canadian troops overseas.

Both are pretty decent sites. Or you can support Me! :thumbsup: