PDA

View Full Version : 80's week!!!!

MammaStar
November 4th, 2001, 11:26 PM
Yes, for all you 80's music fans. VH1 starting today, Sunday, is showing a special about the 80's. Like it or not, the 80's is what started this whole video craze. I'm having a great time right now seeing all the old videos. Back when MTV was new & GOOD!!!!! They just showed Duran Duran. I'm a Duranie. I'll admit it. Yes, I can rock out to Metallica, Lita Ford & Ozzy, but put on a Duran Duran song, and I turn into a screaming 14 yr old. :eek:

Apparently, this is going to carry on all week. I'm very excited. Plus, it's taking my mind off this dang world series.:p

loopy
November 4th, 2001, 11:37 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the tip! :D:D:D

*runs off humming* 'Cause we are living in a material world, and I am a material girl*

mol
November 6th, 2001, 12:11 PM
woohoo..

80's music rocks!

Theres
November 6th, 2001, 10:17 PM
"cause we are living in a venereal world, and i am a venereal girl!"

'The Lords of the New Church' did a great (albeit drunken) version of "Like A Virgin".
they're my favorite 80's band.

MammaStar
November 6th, 2001, 11:19 PM
Well, being the self-proclaimed 80's child, I have been watching every installment of this series. I think, right now, yesterday's (Monday) installment was my favorite. It was 80's Heavy Metal. Ah, the hair, the make up, the SCREAMING GUITARS!!!! Yes, I was an 80's hair band groupie. I loved Motely Crue back in the day. But, my heart always, ALWAYS belonged to Metallica. Still does as a matter of fact. And ANTHAX. *sigh* Frankie. How I miss ye. (hey Loopy! catch the Metallica reference on GG this evening? :D)

Tonights episode is about 80's new wave, yes, I was into it all. Well, not the hip hop. Gads, no. I just was NOT a rap kind of girl. Still not, though I appreciate it a little more than I did back then.

Shadowulfe
November 7th, 2001, 11:41 AM
80's music rocks!!!!!!:D