PDA

View Full Version : Where can i find a lunar calender

CondurerMan
November 5th, 2001, 04:04 AM
I'm looking for a site that keeps me informed about the moon cycles, if you can assist my quest it'll be great.

yours
CondurerMan

Dor Druker

Methanespirit
November 5th, 2001, 08:51 AM
Condurer Man; When you state "Lunar Cycles", do you mean where the Moon is zodiacally located every day, or its phases and planetary aspects? The best Lunar information available is in a standard Astrologer's Ephemeris. They can be purchased at any Occult or New Age book store, and they cover many years.

In direct answer to your question I have surfed the wicca and associated web sites and I do not recall any place that gives the same information as is found in an ephemeris. Some calendars have information concerning the Moon, but it is not very detailed.

Perhaps your request could be incorporated into the monthly planetary guide that we are proposing for this forum.

Xander67
November 5th, 2001, 09:47 AM
Hey

I found something it is a printable ephemeris!

http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swephae.htm

copy and paste the url in the browser's adress bar

you will see a bunch of links ..click on the year you wish to see
(you will need acrobat reader, you can get it free there is a link on the page if you dont have it)

im printing out this year now it is pretty cool

CondurerMan
November 5th, 2001, 02:05 PM
what i ment was i need somthing to tell me when the moon is full or half full or is a mear cresent or in the secund day
you know many spells require a specific phase of the more for a creating or forming aspell the moon needs to be in the early 10 day periot of the begining or for baneshing an unwanted ora for example it need to be on the first 10 days of when it is growing smaller

StormCloud
November 5th, 2001, 03:40 PM
I downloaded a shareware program from http://clysmic.com/software/ that works if you're on Windows. It sits in the task bar and shows it to you graphically.

CondurerMan
November 5th, 2001, 03:53 PM
hope it wonks on my idiot computer ;)

Methanespirit
November 5th, 2001, 09:58 PM
OK , I understand what you are looking for now. I strongly suggest that you purchase an Astrological Ephemeris. Also, these publications do not state whether the Moon is in gibbeous or crescent stage. This is best deduced by observation in reference to the Ephemeris' given daily Lunar positions. A gibbeous moon is when it is trine aspect to the Sun and any Crescent stage is just before and after a New Moon. Quarter phases are also known as half-Moons'. Most Tropical Ephemerides give the 4 quarter phases of the Moon, where they are in the zodiac, and at what date and time (UT) they culminate. An adequate Ephemeris should cover about 30 to 50 years, say from, 2001 to 2050.

...............Methane

Pheonix
November 5th, 2001, 10:58 PM
I've always found that a simple calender and a little bit observation is enough for moon phases ie full,new etc. but if you need more detail definately go with the above links, I think I'll do some printing myself :-)

CondurerMan
November 7th, 2001, 11:41 AM
I have the sharware program which is really nice, and I belive i know more about it now so i may try to find a more personal way for understanding the moon phases.

thenks!! everybodyu who posted their opinion you really helped me!!...:)