PDA

View Full Version : Question... big stuff to friends

Tarot Collector
November 7th, 2001, 05:46 AM
Copy of letter I sent to a dear friend:

MW's please comment...................

Quote: "I'm Sorry, I just need some extra thoughts about what I'm seeing/feeling. I think I really need some help with these things... Maybe some relaxed in person -over a glass of wine perhaps- on these matters... but, barring that, by your preference perhaps... I really am at my wits end. You know Beth is very busy... very focused on kids.. what room for esotericism? So my humble and powerful apologies to my fav swing-kitn.....

Heres something I wrote while wildly considering some of the ideas inherent in religion and deism. Granted I will stop sending you this stuff if you want.
as for now .... a moment.... first chapter of what will inevitably turn out to be an unfinished thought:

The God/dess. How can an understanding be approached? From the perspective of a Goddess adherent: Earth... or moon? Both? Then what of the Solar system... how does god/dess relate to that? Did the god/dess create? -earth/earth and moon-? -Solar system-? -Galaxy-? -Universe-? and then what of probable OTHER universes (in the physical sense of the word)?.... There are theories suggesting multiple universes in the non-physical sense of the word as well. Is god/dess responsible for only our relative reality...that is including the various states of 'alternate reality' that humans attain or find themselves in?

Note:Once I am set adrift... its difficult for me to understand this.

If god/dess is or was creator of ALL, then why must this being identify itself with moon or earth... or even sun? Or Universe for that matter. I am obviously able to extrapolate very abstract ideas in this matter. The excuse that humans would not be able to ultimately understand extreme abstract ideas is obviously untrue, or at least presumptuous. If god/dess does exist.. humans were and are very underestimated (perhaps some of us have surpassed the expectations?).

With some of these ideas in hand, I'm inclined to say there must be an innumerable number of gods/goddesses that ARE (or perhaps 'have been') in existence at some level, ELSE THERE ARE NONE AT ALL.

These thoughts lead me to theorize that there is/are no god/dess(s) that are actually personal beings of some sort, but are force(s) of certain qualities... much like gravity is a force. Obviously within the scope of this theory, humans have given them 'personalities' and for some inexplicable reason human beings are able to interact with these unseen forces in various ways. For this purpose the phrase "god/dess is within you" seems appropriate.

With the idea that there must be a creation point initiated by some being(s) or force(s), I'm forced to jump into the swirl again: There are three basic initiation points of creation in this thought, namely:

1. Creation of Earth, life, man, etc. (fully covered by all ancient societies of humans from the earliest to the Judeo-christian.. to even isolated native societies).

2. Creation fixed at the point of what theorists call the "Big Bang". ( a relatively new thought-path... born of theory and somewhat validated by Scientism)

3. The so far unknown state of the 'theorized' energy point (albeit, as small or smaller than an atom) that was the object of the of the pre-big-bang and ITS environs and what made it come to be! (This is my big prob.... I don't seem to be limited in my view of the scope of reality(ies).

And... again comes the thought that there is/are no god/dess(s) that are actually personal beings of some sort, but are force(s) of certain qualities... much like gravity is a force. And for some inexplicable reason human beings are able to interact with these unseen forces in various ways.

What dost thou think of this?

-Jesse-

Ha -- would like to see you use this in comparative religions class. LOL

much respect and luv... I really need to know your thoughts... where else can I consider these questions? *note asterisk

-J-

*note: Unitarian Universalists may not be the be the be-all end-all.. they are rooted in Judeo-christian thought---- see the page you linked me to Article ONE!
and I quote:
"What We Believe:
Unitarian Universalism is a liberal religion born of the Jewish and Christian traditions. We keep our minds open to the religious questions people have struggled with in all times and places."

I really need some thoughts on this. Megan, your thoughts. "

-jesse- her identity is protected... she is not on this board YET !! :)