PDA

View Full Version : This Is A Rant NOT A Poem!!

MorganLeFey_83
August 1st, 2005, 09:47 AM
Okay, so maybe I'm being totally ridiculous by doing this but I really nead to rant about this forum. I love reading other people's creative writting! It totally gives you a glimpse into their minds and souls. But for some reason, whenever I post anything at all here, I almost never have anyone read my poems and give me their feedback. :heartbrea I really wish that people could be as interested in my poems as I am in their's. Okay, I'm done bitching.

acorn elf
August 1st, 2005, 01:35 PM
You know, sometimes people read a poem and just can't think of what to say afterwards. That doesn't mean they aren't interested.

Flar's Freyja
August 1st, 2005, 01:43 PM
No one comments on mine, either, but I realize that people may feel uncomfortable due to the subject matter.

LittlePerson
August 1st, 2005, 02:54 PM
Don't feel too bad. I've written a lot of poetry that I post on here, some of it exclusively here that I didn't put on my blog too that didn't get replies. At first I only got some karma. I think for one thing some poets get offended by having responses good or bad because they just want their poetry in the thread and some people won't post a response to the poem because they are thinking that the poet may feel this way. I put a little message in my sig so people would know that they can respond in my poetry threads, but even this doesn't always get a response even if there are viewers as you can see from the number of times viewed. I also think some people don't want to offend the poet with the truth even if their response may be negative. I think that it's okay to give me negative cristicism but some may be afraid of hurting the poet's feelings so they don't respond. Also, maybe the poem didn't evoke stong enough feelings to warrant a response, which is something I try to keep in mind-perhaps my poem was just blah or boring so I need to try harder. Just remember that people are viewing them, I hope, even if they don't respond. A lot of times I view poems but don't respond to them for some of the reasons I listed above. Sometimes, it is a time restraint. Sometimes I am feeling selfish and don't want my poem pushed back by the response to someone else's poem, which in that case I mostly give karma. (at least I'm being honest here.) There are days when no one responds to my poems for a couple of days and the time in between I wonder if anyone will. And then there are poems which don't get any responses. So, I just have to keep going.

Don't give up. Keep posting. I'll be sure to try to read yours. We can do it for each other.
Blessings
LittlePerson

Thamiros
August 2nd, 2005, 05:45 AM
Don't take it personaly, many people write and i posted a poem or two here also only got two replies for which i thanked the person.
What really matters is that you write and show whats inside you, for that
you have my respect :) As for the reasons of no reply some already gave the possible answears. Some of us write about gods and godesses some about love , hatred, world or like me darkness and it's understanding.
It's all a question of what everyone of us feels and on our moood.
My advice don't stop writing and share it with the people. It's not those 1000 people that won't reply, couse they are two lazy to do it, that count but those who reply or just smile and think that what you write is good :)
just my two cents