PDA

View Full Version : Blessed First Harvest, Lughnasadh, and Lammas...

Yasmine Galenorn
August 1st, 2005, 03:28 PM
Blessing on this First Harvest, and may the season of harvest be fruitful and gentle to you all.

I just spent two days thoroughly cleaning my ritual room and revamping my altars, and it feels sooooo good in there now. (I not only do spring cleaning, but an autumn cleaning too).

We celebrate today as First Harvest, in honor of Rauni, the mother goddess of the Finnish realm (also known in some places as Mader-Akka). She's similar to Demeter or Ceres in many ways, goddess of the harvest, goddess of rowan, and from what I've read (and felt in my meditation), lightning.

Have a blessed day,
Yasmine :colorful:

BrigidMoon
August 2nd, 2005, 12:48 PM
Hope it was wonderful! I am celebrating today! :)

With good food and bread and possibly even wine. :)

Yasmine Galenorn
August 2nd, 2005, 03:24 PM
Hope it was wonderful! I am celebrating today! :)

With good food and bread and possibly even wine. :)

Actually, we are celebrating today too...had to clean house yesterday (which obviously, since I've had a relapse on the upper respiratory infection, wasn't the brightest thing to do). No bread, since I'm allergic to wheat, but I made pumpkin rice flour muffins and they're good, and we're having pork chops and broccoli and pumpkin mousse. :)

Yazza :colorful:

BrigidMoon
August 2nd, 2005, 06:28 PM
Actually, we are celebrating today too...had to clean house yesterday (which obviously, since I've had a relapse on the upper respiratory infection, wasn't the brightest thing to do). No bread, since I'm allergic to wheat, but I made pumpkin rice flour muffins and they're good, and we're having pork chops and broccoli and pumpkin mousse. :)

Yazza :colorful:
Yummy!

Have NO idea what I am doing just got finished shopping for Julia's camp sleep over tomorrow. I kinda freak when it's left to parents to do the bringing in. I bought 2 - jugs of apple juice, plates, napkins, peanut butter, crackers, cheese flavored fishies (3 bags) --- it was at BigLots so it was very cheap. I gotta get some marshmellows, oddly they didn't have any.

But I'll celebrate the best way I know how.

Obviously providing is something I like doing esp for kids.
:fpartay: :fpartay: :fpartay: :fpartay:

Yasmine Galenorn
August 10th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Yummy!

Have NO idea what I am doing just got finished shopping for Julia's camp sleep over tomorrow. I kinda freak when it's left to parents to do the bringing in. I bought 2 - jugs of apple juice, plates, napkins, peanut butter, crackers, cheese flavored fishies (3 bags) --- it was at BigLots so it was very cheap. I gotta get some marshmellows, oddly they didn't have any.

But I'll celebrate the best way I know how.

Obviously providing is something I like doing esp for kids.
:fpartay: :fpartay: :fpartay: :fpartay:

We had a nice ritual/etc. Quiet, but nice. And today we have cool weather for a change--such a NICE change...it's been so hot here, far too hot for our area. We desperately need rain. I'm actually looking forward to autumn this year.

Got the harvest decorations up--some of them. Want to get a few more.

Yasmine :colorful: