PDA

View Full Version : Husband mellows after squash casserole

fallingwater
August 2nd, 2005, 12:30 AM
Yes it's true.

If you have an overworked and stressed out husband/wife/teen/friend/partner whatever...

try this

boil up a bunch of squash

saute a sweet onion in butter

fork mash the squash and add onions and an egg

add salt and pepper and shredded parmesan and bake 350 for 25 min

then add cheddar cheese and french fried onions to top for 5 mins. uncovered.

...after eating...they will sleep for sure...and it's yummy

Laisrean
August 2nd, 2005, 01:56 AM
Season with a little Marijuana and they'd mellow out even more... :fishsmack :hehehe:

halfwaynowhere
August 2nd, 2005, 02:11 AM
that sounds really good... i'll have to try that... maybe i'll make it on sunday, i'm not working then...

Ishtara
August 2nd, 2005, 02:47 AM
Ooh, thank you! I always get squashes of all shapes and forms to experiment with and... I never know what to do with them! :lol:

This goes on this week's menu!

blueangel
August 2nd, 2005, 03:59 PM
that sounds delicious! does it work on parents?!

HorseCrow
August 2nd, 2005, 04:02 PM
Sounds yummy :p - only my SO hates squash and cheese.....

forestrangergrrl
August 13th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Season with a little Marijuana and they'd mellow out even more... :fishsmack :hehehe:

*snorts* ohhhhhhhh.... i'll have to try that on a certain s/o of mine....rofl!!!!!
mmmmmm..... happy casserole....... :zzzzZZZ: _firedevil

streghamadre
August 13th, 2005, 08:09 PM
:mmm:

I wonder if I have enough frozen squash to attempt this right now. Sounds so delish.

ryv
August 15th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Squash casserole is of the yum...I don't know if my mom and grandmother make it like that, but it is good...we always have it at Thanksgiving and Christmas... :reindeer:

spooky
August 16th, 2005, 01:22 AM
Yes it's true.

If you have an overworked and stressed out husband/wife/teen/friend/partner whatever...

try this

boil up a bunch of squash

saute a sweet onion in butter

fork mash the squash and add onions and an egg

add salt and pepper and shredded parmesan and bake 350 for 25 min

...after eating...they will sleep for sure...and it's yummy

ohhh. that sounds good. what a good dea. DID YOU KNOW? cheese has quesomorphoids (i butchered the spelling and probably the whole word.) they are they chemical in milk which is supposed to promote connection between the nursed offspring and it's mother. it's a type of opiate, which- combinded with fatty, comfort food would definetely mellow one out.

most good food does.
i'll have to make this.

zuchinni is my new favorite food.

narleymarley03
August 23rd, 2005, 12:42 PM
If you saute the squash along with the onion it would preserve more of the nutrients vs boiling the squash. It's also yummy to add some crumpled crisp bacon.

Rayzer
August 26th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Sounds Yummeh.

Ceres
August 28th, 2005, 05:34 PM
What kind of squash would be best with this? Someone mentioned zuchinni, but I was thinking more like butternut?

spooky
August 29th, 2005, 11:53 AM
ohhh. i lurve butternut squash.

the zuchinni turned out great, but now i have to try this too.

does the squash need to be boiled at all? the zuchini didn't. but it's a good consistency anyway.

AmethystFey
August 30th, 2005, 09:20 PM
MMMMmmmmm..this sounds so YUMMY!

Silvan
August 31st, 2005, 01:09 AM

...after eating...they will sleep for sure...and it's yummyI think it's a violation of some natural law to use "onion" and "yummy" in the same context. If SWMBO made this for me, it would not make me a happy Silvan at all. :blech:

She'd probably eat it though, so if anyone gives me squash, I might make it for her. Cooking things I wouldn't eat unless I was starving half to death is a good thing in my book, since everything I cook always tastes like complete crap to me anyway. Cooking it yourself is the anti-spice, I think. :eyebrow:

spooky
August 31st, 2005, 11:46 AM
I think it's a violation of some natural law to use "onion" and "yummy" in the same context. If SWMBO made this for me, it would not make me a happy Silvan at all. :blech:

She'd probably eat it though, so if anyone gives me squash, I might make it for her. Cooking things I wouldn't eat unless I was starving half to death is a good thing in my book, since everything I cook always tastes like complete crap to me anyway. Cooking it yourself is the anti-spice, I think. :eyebrow:
you're weird. :veryweird

Silvan
August 31st, 2005, 02:45 PM
you're weird. :veryweirdWell, duh :spinner:

I really do hate onions though, and it's pretty crippling. You probably don't realize how difficult it is to avoid onions. Every cuisine the world over puts them in just about everything. I just don't get it. :abadpoker

Nitefalle
March 7th, 2007, 11:30 AM
I want to bump this because it's a really great recipe - you could make it sweet with cinnamon & brown sugar & caramelized onions, or savory with lots of spices and cheese. Great for this long winter we're having up here in the Northeast.