PDA

View Full Version : New To Dianic Wicca

RainAndMoonChild
August 2nd, 2005, 08:11 PM
Merry meet everyone!! I am new to the path of Dianic Wicca, and was wondering if any of you out there are Dianic's also. I've only been studying for about a month, and am grateful to have found this path. I am currently reading a book by Ruth Barrett, which is on Dianic Wicca, and it's an excellent book. Just wanted to pop my head in, I'm still learning alot and could always use ritual ideas!

Blessings,
Arana Skylar

WhyAngelsFall
August 16th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Unfortunatly the most I can suggest is a good google search, and perhaps taste some of Starhawk's work like The Spiral Dance.

Although she is not strictly Dianic, she does have a strong influence on Femminist Wicca.

Sibylle
August 17th, 2005, 06:11 AM
If you want my twocents, "Dianic Wicca" is a contradiction, at least if you take Wicca in its original sense. Wicca is a religion which places EQUAL emphasis on the male and the female principles. So I'd say Dianic Witchcraft, with Wiccan influences, at the most, but not Dianic Wicca.

Starhawk is a feminist, but works very much with both god and goddess, and with both men and women. I recommend looking into Z. Budapest's writings if you want the strictly dianic point of view.

Hugs!!