PDA

View Full Version : Isis

Youngpagan87
November 9th, 2001, 04:11 PM
I think I have found my goddess whom I which to follow, for it seems like whenever I find a site on her, I feel connected to her spiritually. Isis seems like my friend in many ways. How did you know when you found the one that connects close to you?? And does anybody else follow Isis?

Pheonix
November 10th, 2001, 02:24 AM
I can't say I follow any deity, because i work with many or none at all often, but i have to agree with you there is just something about Isis that always brings me back to her web sites.

emraldshadowcat
December 6th, 2001, 03:19 PM
I feel very close to Isis. I think I was one of her followers in a past life.....and I'm one of her followers now.....

Lucius
December 25th, 2003, 04:55 AM
I'm very devoted and dedicated to Isis. She is wonderful.

IndigoMoon
December 27th, 2003, 11:52 PM
I'm still looking for mine. Hearing that you have found a diety to connect with is an inspiration for me!

Antoninus
December 28th, 2003, 01:01 AM
I personally feel a draw towards Isis, my patron goddess is Athena. The whole Egyptian religion fascinates me to this day.

Kalika
December 29th, 2003, 10:14 PM
I "knew" when her name kept coming up in various, and odd places (such as fiction books I've read), the feeling I got when seeing a drawing, hearing her name.... the "connection" so to speak. It's very difficult to explain... and I'm sure it varies from person to person. Plus, she has a tendency to "make known" when she wants your attention. :D (Kali is the goddess I am referring to)

But, it's my thought, that there is no wrong answer here. If Isis is not to be your patron, then perhaps she is just to guide you for a time. If you feel a connection... I say go with it. :) The only time I would be wary is if I felt a negative vibe in association with a diety.

Blessings,

Kalika

argento_occhi
January 2nd, 2004, 04:24 AM
i always felt drawn to isis when i first came to wicca. even though i have now found Djehuty (thoth) and Sobek, Isis is still there, and like a pillar of strength to me.
bright blessings
argento_occhi

blueiris
January 2nd, 2004, 12:37 PM
I feel a stronge pull to Isis and ancient Egyptian but Selene has been calling to me... :colorful:

Rosanna
January 2nd, 2004, 01:06 PM
My matron happens to be Isis. I felt drawn to her because it just...made sense for me to have her as my matron. I actually felt connected to her when I was reading The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice, they told of Akasha and ...that king vampire(which I forgot the name to -.-;;), making a religion out of their being. Akasha brought her love back to life.

I know it's a fictional book, but I was like "OOOOOH! SO THEY MADE THEMSELVES GODLY LIKE!" And then I had a profound interest of Isis and Osiris, whom I studied and understood, and then...they just happened to become my patrons after I just *clicked* with them.

*Giggles*

Flar's Freyja
January 2nd, 2004, 01:30 PM
Advent of Isis from Phoenicia, celebrated in Ancient Egypt, Rome

Isis discovered that the Ark of Osiris had been cast up by the Mediterranean in the region of the Phoenician Byblos, so journeyed across the sea to find it, and then brought it back with her to Egypt. Offerings were made on the seventh day of the month Tybi, roughly Jan. 2 ...

more:

Wilson's Almanac Book of Days (http://www.wilsonsalmanac.com/book_of_days.html)

izzy
January 5th, 2004, 03:13 AM
I have a strong connection to her too, in a time when help was greatly needed i called to her in ritual and i still have yet to feel a pressance as strong and comforting as hers. I too dont know why but she just seems to call to me. I want to say I started to feel that connection to her about two years ago. So far she is the only one I have called to in ritual and still sometimes just out of the blue.

i recently have come to find out that myrrh is sacred to her, i guess that would be why i burned it so much and didn't know it, not to mention all of it's other uses.

If you feel that connection with her go with it.
izzy

Lucius
January 5th, 2004, 03:26 AM
My matron happens to be Isis. I felt drawn to her because it just...made sense for me to have her as my matron. I actually felt connected to her when I was reading The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice, they told of Akasha and ...that king vampire(which I forgot the name to -.-;;), making a religion out of their being. Akasha brought her love back to life.

I know it's a fictional book, but I was like "OOOOOH! SO THEY MADE THEMSELVES GODLY LIKE!" And then I had a profound interest of Isis and Osiris, whom I studied and understood, and then...they just happened to become my patrons after I just *clicked* with them.

*Giggles*

I never knew they were your patron deities as well. :woot: I learn something everyday. How are you feeling, btw? I'm still thinking of you and you are in my prayers.