PDA

View Full Version : get your war on

Illuminatus
November 9th, 2001, 05:31 PM
Funny comic. Bad words.

funny how the two always seem to go together.

www.mnftiu.cc/mnftiu.cc/war.html

Xander67
November 9th, 2001, 06:09 PM
I printed that one out.... its the best thing ive read all day, alot of truth in that

Sequoia
November 11th, 2001, 04:44 AM
LOL that's like what my friends and I have been talking about

. . . with a lot more swear words 8O

Illuminatus
November 13th, 2001, 11:48 AM
Heh, go back, they just published page 4

xjsjaglvr
November 14th, 2001, 08:59 AM
Funny how the writer of that strip failed to mention all those lost in the world trade center. He didn't give a shit about their families. It amazes me that those who benefit from our system by being allowed to put out this crap are so anxious to tear us down. Tearing down ones country and the rights you have is commiting suicide.
Jag

Illuminatus
November 14th, 2001, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by xjsjaglvr
Funny how the writer of that strip failed to mention all those lost in the world trade center. He didn't give a shit about their families. It amazes me that those who benefit from our system by being allowed to put out this crap are so anxious to tear us down. Tearing down ones country and the rights you have is commiting suicide.
Jag

For the love of Goddess,

Can't a guy write a @%#%@# comic without dedicating it to some victim???? Did you notice how the week of the attack, shows scrambled to cancell shows that might be offensive, even shows that said the word "bomb" were taken down. Intros to shows displaying the twin towers were edited with CG, removing them, so nobody would be offended. Then, three weeks later, when it's OK to talk about it, EVERYONE AND THEIR BROTHER dedicates EVERYTHING IN THE KNOWN WORLD to the victims of the tragedy. I think that everything that CAN be dedicated...... has. Check out this Onion clipping from 2 weeks after the attack, maybe then you'll get the joke.

Dinty Moore Breaks Long Silence On Terrorism With Full-Page Ad
NEW YORK— Nearly two weeks after the attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon, the makers of Dinty Moore beef stew finally weighed in on the tragedy Monday with a full-page ad in USA Today. "We at Dinty Moore extend our deepest sympathies to all who have been affected by the terrible events of Sept. 11, 2001," read the ad, which pictured a can of Dinty Moore beef stew at the bottom of the page. "The entire Dinty Moore family is outraged by this heinous crime and stands firmly behind our leaders." Dinty Moore joins Knoche Heating & Cooling and Tri-State Jacuzzi in condemning terrorism.

You say this comic guy doesn't care about the victims of the attack? Well, the characters of the attack ARE the victims. Now go read it again from that perspective until you understand.

Besides, it's funny shit. Our government does some crazy-ass things, they should be recognized as such.

- Ill

UnSolon
November 14th, 2001, 04:39 PM
xjsjaglvr - I'm sorry, but just because I do not mention those lost in the world trade center in every second sentance does not mean that I have forgotten about them.

You seem to have made it a point to bring up these terrible acts every time someone shows, or points out something which seems to offend you, as a way of belittling them.

Perhaps the writer of those comics is trying to make a rememberence of those lost in the WTC but does not belive that WAR is the answer. Does this make his viewpoint wrong, immoral, and hateful? Does this mean he doesent care that all those people died? No. Quite the opposite. The very fact that he has spent a great amount of time to produce these comics proves that he has been greatly affected by these events.

You too seem to be highly effected by these events. There seem to be stages in your grieving process which you have not reached yet. However that takes time, and that is what I will give you. Remember, all of us here support you, and all those who truely love freedom.

Peace...
UnSolon

Dellit Tandannon
November 14th, 2001, 05:56 PM
xjsjaglvr, i understand that the comic not mentioning the victoms upsets you, but please be carefull with your language.

thanx :)

Illuminatus
November 15th, 2001, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by UnSolon
The very fact that he has spent a great amount of time to produce these comics proves that he has been greatly affected by these events.

Actually they only take a few minutes to make,

Each frame is just made with MS Paint and the standard clip-art that comes with your basic word processors

That's why it's so funny!

He also has two other similar cartoons, one about "Filing" and office bureaucracy, and the other about karate and martial arts, with clipart of people doing karate saying funny things to each other. Heh