PDA

View Full Version : Food for good dreams?

Mnemosyne
August 7th, 2005, 02:10 AM
Do certain foods cause good dreams while other cause nightmares?

My mother had a nightmare last night. My friend told me to tell her not to eat cheese before bed because it produces nightmares. I've never heard of this belief before. So I'm wondering do certain foods cause you to have to good dreams?

For me, I generally sleep well if I have a good, healthy diet that day- filled with lots of fiber, veggies and fruits.

Philbo
August 7th, 2005, 02:32 AM
Oysters! Fresh, raw oysters from the shell! I don't get the oppportunity to eat them much, but when I do, I have some pretty wild dreams.

mucgwyrt
August 8th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Do certain foods cause good dreams while other cause nightmares?

My mother had a nightmare last night. My friend told me to tell her not to eat cheese before bed because it produces nightmares. I've never heard of this belief before. So I'm wondering do certain foods cause you to have to good dreams?

For me, I generally sleep well if I have a good, healthy diet that day- filled with lots of fiber, veggies and fruits.
I've heard that one before.

I'm guessing it has to do with foods which take a long time to digest, and which are 'heavy' like... fatty cheeses... :nyah:

Fibre, veggies and fruits are quickly and easily digested. Fats and proteins take longer, and take more energy :)

WitchJezebel
August 10th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Tomato products give you weird dreams. I used to have some wild ones all the time (I love tomatos), but I saw something on the news one day that said tomato products too close to bed time can cause them. I stopped with the late nite pizza binges and I've been okay since!! :lol: Spicy foods can also trigger weird dreams.as can things with lots of preservatives.

Childof_theMorrigan
August 10th, 2005, 02:56 PM
i have a difficult time with pizza... i have nightmares if i eat it too close to going to bed