PDA

View Full Version : Help name our new group?

Rhianna813
August 9th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Hi Folks,

A friend of mine is forming the first Spiral Scouts group in our town. This is a Earth based scouting program with a mostly Pagan theme. My son is too young to join but I am interested in getting the group going and helping with activities. I am so impressed - we have a dozen kids (age 3-8) so far just after 2 meetings. This age level are known as FireFlies.

Anyway, we are looking to name the group and ideas are being generated. The name would be ".... Circle" I have a couple to toss into the hat but if anyone has ideas, please please post them. I think it would be great if the name incorporated some of the characteristics of our local and natural features but I am open to anything!

We live in Oregon, in a green valley with lots of trees, especially evergreen types. 2 rivers run though town, and we get lots of rain. Our state animal is the Beaver and the local college mascot is the Duck but that is way over used. I don't like Green Valley Circle - it's too boring. And I don't think we should use Emerald Valley because that is the name of a well know local company who makes Salsa. Here are my ideas:

Two Rivers Circle
Tall Trees Circle
TreeSprite Circle
Pine Grove Circle

But what about more spiritual or magical names? Ya know like MoonFire Circle or something..... My creative brain is tapped out LOL

Help?

Rhianna

aluokaloo
August 12th, 2005, 02:56 AM
Hi Folks,

A friend of mine is forming the first Spiral Scouts group in our town. This is a Earth based scouting program with a mostly Pagan theme. My son is too young to join but I am interested in getting the group going and helping with activities. I am so impressed - we have a dozen kids (age 3-8) so far just after 2 meetings. This age level are known as FireFlies.

Anyway, we are looking to name the group and ideas are being generated. The name would be ".... Circle" I have a couple to toss into the hat but if anyone has ideas, please please post them. I think it would be great if the name incorporated some of the characteristics of our local and natural features but I am open to anything!

We live in Oregon, in a green valley with lots of trees, especially evergreen types. 2 rivers run though town, and we get lots of rain. Our state animal is the Beaver and the local college mascot is the Duck but that is way over used. I don't like Green Valley Circle - it's too boring. And I don't think we should use Emerald Valley because that is the name of a well know local company who makes Salsa. Here are my ideas:

Two Rivers Circle
Tall Trees Circle
TreeSprite Circle
Pine Grove Circle

But what about more spiritual or magical names? Ya know like MoonFire Circle or something..... My creative brain is tapped out LOL

Help?

Rhianna

I kinda like Tall Trees, and Pine Grove, but I don't know enough about the area where you live to come up with any other suggestions.