View Full Version : Shades of us - oil painting - by mol, Sem, and Brandin

August 9th, 2005, 05:40 PM
So, Sem had this idea while we were lounging and celebrating the previous day and preparing for the next. (Basically....last night.) Sem wanted us to take one color and paint what it makes us feel like...

So, we did. Here is our process and the final paintings already hanging on the wall.

August 9th, 2005, 05:41 PM

August 9th, 2005, 05:42 PM
A little oil paint sculpture ala Brandin...

August 9th, 2005, 05:44 PM
And some more...

August 9th, 2005, 05:47 PM
A little more explanation is in order I think. My subject was red. My rough sketch is the first pic posted. That is how I see red. It's like a formula of numbers to me. And by numbers...I mean all of those little marks. That's in my head...now you know why I am so wierd.

Sem has blue...you can see where she initially started and how it actually turned out....WAY DIFFERENT! :) It's so cool painting with other people...especially those you love.

Brandins color was purple, I think. Staying with the status quo he went against the rules and added a few different colors. But, there are those damn tentacles...what is going on in his head? :D

August 9th, 2005, 06:20 PM
That's a very cool idea, the out put's pretty good too :)

August 9th, 2005, 06:22 PM
A little oil paint sculpture ala Brandin...
I love this one! :lol:

August 9th, 2005, 06:25 PM
those are all amazing, its great to see how different people view something so simple as color...

August 9th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Those symbols all say red in your head?? A week from now, if you had to duplicate it, would you write the same thing?? That is so bizarre...:rotfl:
Very cool idea tho. And they look awesome together on the wall. Altho that sculpture looks like white poo...with a face... _inabox_

August 9th, 2005, 08:57 PM
That's a very cool idea, the out put's pretty good too :)

MoonDust: Too cool, eh?

halfwaynowhere: I know...it always amazes me!

Faeawyn: You know. I don't think so. Because for one, I can never focus in on exactly the same color. SOme things are always different, but the symbols I see in my head are actually referencing numbers so those would all be the same.

August 9th, 2005, 09:06 PM
That's really cool :)

August 9th, 2005, 09:09 PM
That's really cool :)

August 12th, 2005, 05:38 AM
wow, Sem lets you paint on the bed?! You are soooo lucky :fpeace:

Love it; its a really great idea :uhhuhuh:
Maybe another idea would be to each paint an expressive painting of how you feel about oneanother - that would be interesting to see :)
Hmmm... maybe I'll make Tom do that with me... ;)