PDA

View Full Version : Tree Spirit Guides

Moonravin
August 10th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Hey!

I thought it might be nice for those of us with Tree spirit guides to get to know each other. Here's a bit on my Tree

Through every lifetime I’ve spent on this wonderful earth, my guide had been Poplar. When I speak of my guardian, Poplar Tree, please understand that I don’t mean the style listed on “what tree did you fall from?” as that would say walnut, a tree I bear no association with. This goes far deeper then a tree associated with date of birth because every lifetime we are born on different days. Through years of meditation and the gentle guidance of my teacher, I have learned that Poplar and I have walked this earth together for my entire existence and through every lifetime.

Share stuff about your Tree :)

LadySnake
August 11th, 2005, 07:31 PM
I am happy to say, the oak is mine. I'm very drawn and attached to this old, beautiful oak tree in my front yard. There are few spirits in it, too. A couple faeries, one or two dryads, and something else. I can't tell what it is, or he, I should say. He's a very nice spirit.

Moonravin
August 11th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Nice to meet you too! Oaks are such wonderful tree spririts! I have a very old Oak in the forest out side my house and I'm truly in awe evertime I look at it. You must be very blessed to have such a wonderful tree by your side :)

Meadhbh
August 11th, 2005, 08:32 PM
I've always had an attachment to blackthorn trees. When I was little my grandma's always had a large amount of the trees that I would play in. When I got older I got to know them on a personal level and found them and their resdent spirits to be interesting. The trees always remind me of the following song:

Song of the Cailleach Bheur

What’s all this merriment and cheer?
Is it not winter that you fear?

I am the old veiled one of the wood,
And my appearance shall do you no good.

My realm is cold, dead, and dark.
The ground is barren and the trees are stark.

My fierce white hounds, with eyes of red
Howl through the night, a paean to the dead.

I strike my blackthorn upon the ground!
Now nothing green or living shall be found.

I am the Cailleach Bheur, and now is my reign.
I shall not leave you until next Beltaine.

LadySnake
August 11th, 2005, 11:43 PM
I love my oak. When ever I feel depressed, etc., I go out and sit on the ground with my back up against Oaky (the tree's name) and he takes it all away. He's so protecting to me. My husband threatened to cut him down last summer to make more drive-way room, and I had a royal fit. I told him people can park on the alley to the back yard!! Cut my Oaky down?! Over my dead body!!!

Epona44
August 11th, 2005, 11:49 PM
It is a tree you love?

Or a tree that speaks to you?

There's a giant Hemlock in my mother's forest, very old, at least 300 years. It's the grand old tree of the wood.

But I love the hawthorne and holly as well.

And Willows.

How did each of you find out what your tree was?

mucgwyrt
August 12th, 2005, 05:32 AM
I wouldn't say that mine is a guide per-say, but I feel very connected to Mountain-Ashes and Ashes in general :)

Moonravin
August 12th, 2005, 09:16 AM
It is a tree you love?

Or a tree that speaks to you?

There's a giant Hemlock in my mother's forest, very old, at least 300 years. It's the grand old tree of the wood.

But I love the hawthorne and holly as well.

And Willows.

How did each of you find out what your tree was?
For me it took a lot of meditation and focus. Looking into your childhood can also be a great help when finding ‘your’ tree spirit. When I look into my childhood, the first thing that always comes through is my months at a time spent camping with my family. From there I tried to pull out any tree that really seemed to stand out in my memories. My family had a special hiking trail we would walk, with the destination being a nice place by the rocks and a pond. EVERY time we made the walk, I would announce to my family that we had reached our ‘destination’ ... it wasn’t the spot my parents were going, but it was always in the grove of Poplar trees.

So I’d say your first bet is childhood, then do lots of meditation on it. It can be easy to overlook what’s right in your path so take your time with it. I remember thinking I had a Rowan tree for a while. I had no association with that tree, but my Priestess and Teacher had that tree, and she had asked her to protect me. If you have any Priests/Priestesses in your area, they might be able to help you find your tree (I know my Priestess knew about Poplar before I consciously did... though she thought it would be a good learning experience for me to find out about Him on my own.)

Also don’t forget that most trees are either male or female. You could use this as a starting point in leading you to your spirit, or something to further develop in your relationship with it. I called Poplar female for the first month I knew about him; he had quite a laugh at me when I finally figured out he was Male.

One other fact you might want to explore when looking at your tree: Has he/she been with you for every lifetime, or are they just with you for this one.

I’ve also heard a method of spending every night of a complete moon cycle in meditation with a tree you feel drawn to. This should help you connect to that tree on the most basic level, and through meditation you can gain a better understanding of how that tree connects to you.

Hope this helps a bit :)

Lord Druid Darkwood
August 12th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Mine Has Always Been The Noble Elder.
With His Wisdom To Guide Me Along My Path.
:thumbsup:

Epona44
August 19th, 2005, 11:13 PM
There are so many trees to love.

acorn elf
August 20th, 2005, 09:06 AM
I really like oak trees.. I don't have a spirit guide(yet) but acorns are my most favorite! ^^ I don't think anything else could compare. Reading this, I'd really like to connect more.

Sage Rainsong
August 20th, 2005, 09:58 AM
When I was a kid I was very attached to the spirits of a local hawthorn tree. It was cut down for no particular reason. I was very upset. Now a days I am communicating with an extremely large willow tree that is in the back of a jewish temple. The tree feels rather masculine which I found strange at first becuasr I was always taught that it was feminine. It feels almost like a very wise old man.

dendrast
September 1st, 2005, 11:13 PM
Cedar and Ash are my special friends. They help me to create beauty. I also love Maple for her Fall beauty and her kindness in the Spring.

BrigidMoon
September 1st, 2005, 11:40 PM
I've always been attracted to Weeping Willows and Red Maples. :)

Moonravin
September 10th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Just beyond the Poplar tree (Poplar being my spirit guide) while in the forest I found a wonderful and old Oak tree. I sit with him and meditate sometimes. Oaks being the Grandfather tree (Willows are Grandmothers) I listen to the stories from days of old, just as I did when my human Grandfather was alive.... there is so much to be learned from many trees :)

yavanna
September 18th, 2005, 01:27 PM
I have two tree spirit guides, Willow and Rowan (or mountain ash). I've learned so much from both of them.