PDA

View Full Version : God/dess Question

Tarot Collector
November 12th, 2001, 02:00 PM
I think this is the right place for this question...

I'm trying to learn some new things and understand better some things I have been thinking about...

I understand there are -as far as I can understand- many many Deities/deities ...

I am trying to understand how these beings -or maybe 'forces'- are situated within, or over various dominions (for lack of a better word).

For example: Gaia is the Earth Goddess in some traditions. Is this planet the limit of her dominion?

I'm thinking in terms of continuing this thought towards greater and great dominions... as in...

Earth.
Earth and Moon.
Sun (as in Aten?)
Solar system
Galaxy
etc... to Universe...
and then beyond that...... to possible other physical/energy universes...

What I'm getting at is -I think- who/what is the ultimate Deity ?

I know some might be inclined to say 'whatever you think it is!'

I just wonder if anyone can respond with thoughts or teaching on this or parts of this. Thanks.

-Jesse-

Myst
November 12th, 2001, 02:21 PM
My ultimate deity is energy, that which exists in every nook and cranny and within every living thing. It is within every atom and cell, and at the same time the universe and planets, all at once. Gaia and other deities are to me only archetypes, faces of that energy, that exist on some plane as thoughtforms. We can access that energy by working with the archetype or by influencing energies physically in other ways. In other words, to me, every deity is part of All (energy) - simultaneously united as one and unique, separate entities of their own.

Tarot Collector
November 13th, 2001, 01:42 PM
Perfectly beautiful Myst. Thank you. This was the answer I think my heart was me drawing towards. :)

-Jesse-

Euphoria
November 13th, 2001, 06:59 PM
Couldn't have put it better if i tried myst

*claps profoundly* ......... *puts on posh voice* ...... *very well said miss myst*

Demeter
November 13th, 2001, 08:20 PM
I think Deity is one force that includes everything in the universe, but it's just too big for the human mind to wrap itself around. Think of it as a huge gem with many facets, each sparkling with different colors and energies. Very confusing. So each of us, in our own ways and at various times in our lives, concentrates on learning about the colors and energies of just one facet, or a group of related facets, or even on random facets scattered all around the gem. Each facet is still part of the whole, but can be addressed and conceptualized separately.

Dria El
November 17th, 2001, 03:19 AM
One of the ways I try to explain my view of deity is to look at yourself. I am a mother, a daughter, a sister, an aunt, provider, protector, lover, etc. I think of the dieties the same way. They are all parts of the whole but we use the different names to address the part of that whole that best suits our needs.

Just a thought...