PDA

View Full Version : unusual (?) problem

Avena
November 13th, 2001, 08:52 AM
I have a deity related problem and was wondering if somebody else has experienced similar situations and how he dealt with it.

For about 3 months I'm working with the same deity now (for me three months with one deity is a loooong period) and things really worked well so far, but now I decided to change and look for another inspiring force to work with.

But the deity accompanying me for the last three months turns out to be a little bit...."devoted" (in lack of a better word). Her name doesn't leave my mind nor does her image. Whenever I do rituals trying to connect with other deities I end up honoring her again. Not because I want to, but because her name slips out of my mouth although I'm concentrating on a completely different image.

Now you could say "follow your heart and the voice of the deity calling you". But the problem is there seem to be many voices calling me (never tell this your psychiatrist! ;) ) and I don't know which to follow.

Any advice?

Euphoria
November 13th, 2001, 10:34 AM
Hmmmm ... what deity are you honoring ??? some tend to be a bit "clingy" e.g i found hecate and Chontamientu

ASnd are you sure u arent honoring a conflictant of ur currewnt deity

Avena
November 13th, 2001, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Euphoria
Hmmmm ... what deity are you honoring ??? some tend to be a bit "clingy" e.g i found hecate and Chontamientu

Athena

Originally posted by Euphoria

And are you sure u arent honoring a conflictant of ur current deity

what do you mean? :confused:

Euphoria
November 13th, 2001, 04:11 PM
what i mean is ... u can have deities that arent exactly friendly with one another for example Chontimentieu and Kontamientu

and they might feel insulted that u would leave them to go onto their foe if u get my point

Myst
November 13th, 2001, 04:52 PM
I have the same issue with Hekate. But then I figure she just might mean that I haven't learned all I can from her, so I don't worry about it too much. I've been thinking about Freya and Isis a lot lately too but who knows *shrug*

Avena
November 14th, 2001, 09:39 AM
I wanted to "contact" the trinity Persephone-Demeter-Hecate. No idea if they are foes of Athena. Never thought about it...

But who knows... maybe it isn't the goddess being clingy, but me! :eek:

maidenmoon
November 14th, 2001, 06:54 PM
If I were you, I would keep the same deity that is stuck in your mind. Ask her why she has chosen you and perhaps you will receive some sign. Everything happens for a purpose, so perhaps Athena is with you because she needs to be for reasons that you aren't aware of. Perhaps she knows something you don't. Maybe there is some situation that you subconciously need her there for. Just like some dreams will stick with you repeatedly until you understand the message behind them, this Goddess (One of my faves) is with you for a reason.....maybe? Only thinking out loud. Remember you can't chose what you want the deities to do, they come to you for a reason and when one is there, no matter what her name, all are the same. You should be honored Athena chose you at this time when she is gone, you may miss her. All are the same I think , no matter what the name. Embrace the Goddess no matter what her form is. Think of the virtues of Athena. Perhaps the Goddess is trying to show you something contained within Athena's image..........?

ps: This is kind of weird, now that I think of it, I dressed as the Goddess Athena for Halloween now I am posting to you here. Is it a sign?

Avena
November 15th, 2001, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by maidenmoon
If I were you, I would keep the same deity that is stuck in your mind. Ask her why she has chosen you and perhaps you will receive some sign. Everything happens for a purpose, so perhaps Athena is with you because she needs to be for reasons that you aren't aware of.

I'm going to draw some cards tonight. Maybe that'll light up things.

Perhaps she knows something you don't.

I'm sure she knows lots of stuff I don't ;)

Maybe there is some situation that you subconciously need her there for. Just like some dreams will stick with you repeatedly until you understand the message behind them, this Goddess (One of my faves) is with you for a reason.....maybe? Only thinking out loud. Remember you can't chose what you want the deities to do, they come to you for a reason and when one is there, no matter what her name, all are the same. You should be honored Athena chose you at this time when she is gone, you may miss her. All are the same I think , no matter what the name. Embrace the Goddess no matter what her form is. Think of the virtues of Athena. Perhaps the Goddess is trying to show you something contained within Athena's image..........?

Thanks for the nice words! Yeah, I guess I should be thankful or at least pleased she's still with me, although I turned away from her.

ps: This is kind of weird, now that I think of it, I dressed as the Goddess Athena for Halloween now I am posting to you here. Is it a sign?

You never can tell. Everything might have a reason! Keep your eyes and ears open :)

Armitage
November 16th, 2001, 12:24 AM
Offtopic, but who are Chontimentieu and Kontamientu?

mato
November 16th, 2001, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Avena
I wanted to "contact" the trinity Persephone-Demeter-Hecate. No idea if they are foes of Athena. Never thought about it...

Ya that will do it. You could do like a temparary shrine for Athena, and before any work, honor her until she is 'out of your system'. Tell her clearly that you are working with the Trinity now and that although you honor her presence that she should respect your descision. You might also want to appologize to the Trinity for that slip of the tongue. You can ritualize it if that would help...

Euphoria
November 16th, 2001, 05:59 PM
Chontamenti was the egyptian god of the dead ... he was pictures as a dog .. or a man witrht the head of one

Kontamentiu was his brother who tried to over throw Chontamenti so chontamenti banished him to eternally live between the land of the dead and the living

Avena
November 17th, 2001, 12:16 PM
Is Chontamenti the same deity as Anubis? Wasn't he the god of the dead and also pictured as a man with the head of a dog or a jackal?

Mato: thanks for your suggestion! I think I'll build a separate shrine devoted to Athena, and honor her before doing rituals with other deities.

Not sure if I have to apologize to the trinity at all. I'm afraid they didn't 'realize' my words and rituals were devoted to them as I always used Athena's name instead of (e.g.) Persephone's...

Sora
November 20th, 2001, 07:37 PM
I've had the same experience with the goddess Kali. For almost two years now she's been the woman in my life. And I can't let her go.

I agree with the most of you, she probably has a lesson or two for you to learn still. Keep your devotion, but go ahead and look up other dietys, particular ones Athena would coexist well with. There's no rule about working with two gods at once, is there?

lucidfire
November 21st, 2001, 01:19 AM
I think what I have to say has been said already, so I'll just add that maybe you connected so much with Athena that she's become a part of you and letting her go would be like letting a part of yourself go, a part of you that's good? I guess that's basically what everyone else said though, lessons to learn and whatnot.

The tarot thing sounds like a good idea though. Maybe ask Athena or something.

On the other hand maybe she's left already and it's not her? Just another thought.