PDA

View Full Version : Call me stupid, but what's this "rising" thing mean???

The Suckling
November 13th, 2001, 05:06 PM
I'm a Cancer. I was born on June 28, 1984. Can you tell my "rising" sign from that?

mhrtwll
November 13th, 2001, 06:15 PM
you need to know your time of birth and location for you to find out your rising sign. By the way, i'm from Penasquitos =D

Kadynas
November 14th, 2001, 05:37 AM
The Rising sign, also called the Ascendant, is supposed to describe your outer personality...how others perceive you or how you act in social situations. :)

Methanespirit
November 14th, 2001, 09:23 AM
As the earth turns on its axis, the eastern horizon, as well as the other cardinal points (geo-centric) sweep s the heavens covering all 12 Zodiacal signs in a day -each lasting about 2 hours in duration. The most important of these cardinal points is the (birth) Ascendant, as it denotes something about the physical character of the individual, and the manner of approaching life. Each sign has a ruling planet, and the house placment and sign occupation of the Ascendant's ruler tells something about the life of the indivual.

In horary Astrology, the time and nature of an incident is supposedly denoted by the ruler of the Ascendant's placment in the zodiac, aspects, and house placement at its initial occurance. I have done little in the way of research into this type of Astrology and therefore cannot be classed as being knowledgeable in this branch of study.

........Methane

Litha
November 14th, 2001, 12:00 PM
TS,
The horizon is the line that cuts the chartwheel into 2 halves, top and bottom.
When you look at an astrological chartwheel, you will find the rising sign is at the ascendant point, the cusp of the first house.
The point where the sun begins to rise over that horizon corresponds with a constellation grouping of stars. Those stars could be any sign of the zodiac depending on the date, time and place of your birth.
Imagine you are on the horizon and the sun is rising over it.
This why the ascendant point is called the "rising" sign.
Mhrtwll is correct in explaining that more information is needed before a rising sign can be calculated.

The Suckling
November 14th, 2001, 06:15 PM
This is confusing. :(

Umm, I was born in Landschtul Germany but I have no idea when. Is it really that important to know you rising sign?

Methanespirit
November 14th, 2001, 09:20 PM
to know your rising sign? In order to do a more accuate analysis and subsequent delineations by planetary transits , the answer is "yes". Any one interested in their natal Astrological chart should know their Ascendant and degree of the zodiac that it occupies. And besides, this information automatically necessitates the knowledge of one's birth time, which will also allow for the proper placement of the remainder of your chart elements, (the planets and etc). if you have no record of your birth time, it can be figured out from events in your life, assuming you remember when they (what day and year) they occured.

............Methane

The Suckling
November 15th, 2001, 06:23 PM
I give up.

;)

Litha
November 15th, 2001, 07:40 PM
it's not over yet
can you find out the time from your birth certificate?
If you dont have the cert handy, perhaps you can contact the records dept of the hospital you were born at?:huh:

Methanespirit
November 20th, 2001, 09:48 PM
Good idea Litha. But if TS cannot fine the birth certificate nor the time of birth, it can be rectified by knowing some important dates. Perhaps someone in the family can give an approximation, of which eases problems in rectification.

...........Methane (CH4)

mhrtwll
November 21st, 2001, 01:46 PM
Since your ascendant is other people's first impression of you, think about how you appear to others, also, how you interact with strangers. If you are the assertive type, maybe Aries is your ascendant. You can try to guess your ascendant.
When you are around people you don't know very well, you act like the your rising sign more than anything else.

Xander67
November 21st, 2001, 02:37 PM
TS,

without the time you were born, you can still get a birth chart, it is not as precise as a Natal chart however...

your rising sign is one of the most important things to know it is the one that represents your outward personality

but you can still know alot with out the time...

*looks at ephemeris

your moon sign is cancer...which by the way, cancer is the natural home of the moon...

and you were born in the 1st decanate of Cancer which by the way, the planetary subruler of this decanate is yep, the moon..

Mercury entered Cancer on the 22nd of june that year
Venus was in Cancer
Mars was in Scorpio
Jupiter was in Capricorn
Saturn was in Scorpio
Uranus was inSaggitarius
neptune was in Cappricorn
PLUTO was in libra

you had 4 planets in cancer counting the sun..

but the sun and the moon have double weight so that makes 6 planets in cancer...

2 in scorpio
2 in sag
2 in capricorn
and 1 in libra

you can call the hospital you were born in to find out the time of your birth....

with that data, a natal chart could be done...

but I think that from what I see already you are a very unique person and your chart would be interesting....

The Suckling
November 21st, 2001, 10:08 PM
I just got it!!!! My rising sign is Aquarius!!!! That makes perfect sense, no??? I always knew I had a significant amount of Air in me.

I have a question, though. Could one become knowledgeable enough to guess one's rising sign??? I'm an expert Scorpio-spotter, or thought I was until one of them turned out to be a Libra. Could Scorpio possible be her Rising Sign???

Methanespirit
November 22nd, 2001, 08:18 AM
TS, if Aquarius is your rising sign, then what is your birth time? We would like to know.

Sometimes one can become knowledgable enough to determine what a person;s Ascendant is, through observation. But any conclusions are at best, unreliable. It is alway best to ask an individual for their birth time , that is, if the are willing to go along with your inquirey.

I remember years ago, when I used to take lunch hour from my employment in a little restaurant. I used to eat with a woman about my same age who had absolutely no feminine figure whatsovever. She looked like a very thin and childish 11-year old, physically. Out of curiosity about this, I asked her for her birth data. After calculating her birth chart it was found that she was a triple Gemini (Sidereal Zodiac) having the Sun, Moon, and Ascendant all in that sign! That she had Gemini Ascending was no mystery, because of her thin build, but to have the childish and youthful appearance was of interest to me.

Xander67
November 22nd, 2001, 01:31 PM
TS assumeing you were born in the us, and using the 40 degrees north acendant table for june 28th,

if you were born between 8:45pm and 10:15 pm then Aquarius is your rising sign,

skilled astrologers can make a pretty educated guess but in my opinion it would be well worth it for you to call and find out the time...

The Suckling
November 24th, 2001, 04:43 PM
I was born in Landstuhl, Germany around 11:00 PM. According to www.astro.com, Aquarius is my rising sign. :)

What do you know? Two signs already symbolising duality, both with opposing elements??? I can definitely feel the water vs. air conflict in me.

kittiepoetrygod
December 10th, 2001, 07:56 PM
I searched all over on that sign and couldn't find the place to find out ... i was born at 11:07 Pm on July 14th, 1988 in Philly PA. What are my *insert hard to pronounce word(s)* signs?

Methanespirit
December 11th, 2001, 09:10 AM
Kittie; your chart elements are as follows; (all positions, Tropical Zodiac and calculated using EST, assuming your given birth time is daylight time.) Ascendant = 21* 05.8' Pisces. (following positions rounded off) Midheaven= 25* Sagittarius, Pisces. Sun= 23* Cancer, Moon= 6* Leo, Mercury= 4* Cancer, Venus= 16* Gemini, Mars =1* Aries, Jupiter= 27* Taurus, Saturn= 28* Sagittarius Rx, Uranus=28* Sagittarius Rx. Neptune= 8* Capricorn Rx. Pluto=10* Scorpio Rx. hope this helps.

............Methane (CH4)

kittiepoetrygod
December 11th, 2001, 10:02 PM