PDA

View Full Version : By the blessings of Flar's Freyja, she's done!!!

Shadowsong
August 17th, 2005, 12:24 PM
The other night after receiving permission from the wonderful Flar's Freyja I created my own goddess statue. Well, Goddess, mother, guardian angel type woman anyway, lol.

Flar's Freyja
August 17th, 2005, 10:22 PM
She's definitely your own! Beautiful work, she captures your spirit and intention!

DragonsChest
August 17th, 2005, 10:27 PM
well done! She looks like you put a lot of love into her! :hugz:

Shadowsong
August 17th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Nowhere near as good as your's though! :hugz: Thanks though guys!

Flar's Freyja
August 17th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Nowhere near as good as your's though! :hugz: Thanks though guys!

Don't compare your work to others'. She's gorgeous and unique!

Jenne
August 17th, 2005, 10:36 PM
She's very pretty! And unique! WTG!

Shadowsong
August 17th, 2005, 10:49 PM
I was thinking of mayble placing different things in her "hands" and "lap" (there's a small space, can't see it in the pics though) for the different seasons as they come. What do you think?

Shanti
August 17th, 2005, 10:55 PM
I was thinking of mayble placing different things in her "hands" and "lap" (there's a small space, can't see it in the pics though) for the different seasons as they come. What do you think?

I like that idea and she has one thing nothing else has....your essence! :)

DragonsChest
August 18th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Don't compare your work to others'. She's gorgeous and unique!

This is a piece of advise that I am still struggling with. I'm getting better, but there are times when I look at other artist's work, and throw my hands up in the air screaming "why do I bother? I'll never be as good as they are!" And you know, in technique and ability, yes, that may be true. There will always be someone out there who is more talented than I am -- BUT... no one else can put the life and love into my sculptures like I do. My work is uniquely MINE, and I have to remember that my talent deserves as much respect as anyone elses.

Nice sounding words, hard to live up to. Shadowsong - revel in your uniqueness and get out there and CREATE! :woot:

Flar's Freyja
August 18th, 2005, 09:32 AM

I've added shells, stones, even a book and quill.

And to you and DC, what Shanti says is true. No one else can create your essence.

sari0009
August 19th, 2005, 01:27 AM
The other night after receiving permission from the wonderful Flar's Freyja I created my own goddess statue. Well, Goddess, mother, guardian angel type woman anyway, lol.

Only in our creative acts do we step forth into the light and see ourselves whole and complete. Never shall we put any face on the world other than our own ... -- Jung, 1960 (Bolding was my touch)

:)

Shadowsong
August 20th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Thank you all! :hugz:

Shadowsong
August 21st, 2005, 01:44 PM
My goddess for summer. She's holding a prairie comb flower, which grow by the side of our house :) I think she looks quite happy if I do say so myself! :ringaroun