PDA

View Full Version : Nerves are killing me... Wish me luck!

Sora
November 14th, 2001, 08:12 PM
Its the Elizebethan Festival t'night. In about 45 min. It's a night where us students present our english projects in front of whoever shows up, I wrote a story and I'm as nervous as... as something thats really, really nervous. I'm very, very bad at public speeking and it doesn't help that my story contains about a page of old english. And my english teacher has it, currently, I don't. And I'm so frantic. Wish me luck! It will be fun...

Laiste
November 14th, 2001, 08:34 PM
good luck..let us know how it turns out!!:D

SimplyStrange
November 14th, 2001, 09:05 PM
GOOD LUCK SORA!!! :D:D:D:D

UnSolon
November 14th, 2001, 09:15 PM
Break a leg!

Pheonix
November 14th, 2001, 11:10 PM
Good luck! :(

Sora
November 14th, 2001, 11:32 PM
Thank you all. Just got back. My legs intact. My dignaty too. And any sanity that I might have scraped together. I did okay, I guess. My project looked a bit meeger next to some of the bigger ones, but I got a merit award. Heh. Go me...

Kristin Ann
November 14th, 2001, 11:43 PM
Now see, that wasn't so bad, was it ;).

I know how you feel about public speaking, I have a phobia of it so bad that when I was still in HS I would do presentations and not remember that I did them.

Congrats on the merit award, :).

Love & light always,
Kristin Ann

emraldshadowcat
November 15th, 2001, 03:11 PM
congratulations!!! I'm sure you did great!

UnSolon
November 15th, 2001, 03:24 PM
Congratulations. I am so glad it went off well. Sometimes the things we dread most turn out to be quite fullfilling.

ummm... I just wanted to add something. As a dedicated thesbian (theatre person), it is BAD luck to wish someone "GOOD LUCK". Its just one of those superstitions. If someone wishes you 'good luck' before you go on stage, its not usually a good sign. In the acting world people say 'break a leg' instead. Mind you, dancers will say 'merde' instead of 'good luck'. Merde means 'shit' in french.

Theatres are full of superstitions. No wistleing, NEVER say the name of the Scottish Play (MacBeth) while in the theatre, etc, etc.

But hey...

Peace

Sora
November 16th, 2001, 01:00 AM
Never knew :)
My ignorance amuses me...