PDA

View Full Version : George Carlin in NYC

MammaStar
November 17th, 2001, 11:59 PM
Hey all, I just got finished watching George Carlin's special on HBO. I laughed my self silly. My favorite part is his revision of the 10 commandments.

1. Thou shall be honest & respect the provider of thy nookie
2. Thou shall not kill, unless that person prays to a different invisible being unless of course... DRAT! It was so long I can't remember it all. To be honest, the first one was my favorite.

I also like his NYC credentials. He was born in NYC, lived there his whole life and was even conceived in Rockaway Beach. LOL.

I love that guy. He's always cracked me up.

flar7
November 18th, 2001, 05:22 AM
He b funny!

Autumn_Joy
November 18th, 2001, 06:57 AM
The 10 comandments were a riot.... Now 2 according to him..

He is so funny, my roommates heard me laughing across the whole apartment... they came running out too late to see, but it was great!!

Autumn-Joy

Faery-Wings
November 18th, 2001, 10:43 AM
Do you know when they are going to run that again? He is a riot!

Hubby took me too see him on our first Valentines Day together. :D

Chris

pinguino
November 18th, 2001, 03:49 PM
I'm SO happy that George is touring again. I saw him live in NY about 8-9 years ago........Cracked me up!

bansidhe
November 18th, 2001, 06:17 PM
who is geaorge carlin?! :confused:

im guessing we dont get him in australia or northern ireland?! :) or else i juss didnt take any notice...that happens too...

MammaStar
November 18th, 2001, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by bansidhe
who is geaorge carlin?! :confused:

im guessing we dont get him in australia or northern ireland?! :) or else i juss didnt take any notice...that happens too...

He's only one of the GREATEST comedians EVER. You may know him as the guy from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. I forget his character's name, he was the one that guided the boys to their destiny. If you have kids, or if they had the show over there, he was Mr. Conductor in Shining Time Station. He took over for Ringo Starr.

He's been around a LONG LONG LONG time. At least 30 years or more. I think he startedin the 60's got HUGELY popular in the 70's. I think at one point he had a heart attack but bounced back. He's a FUNNY FUNNY guy.

Niamh
November 19th, 2001, 09:26 PM
I'm a huge fan of George, but I don't get HBO :(
I have a ton of his albums, though! They're great for trips... especially during the holidays when you know you'll hit traffic!

Niamh
November 19th, 2001, 09:27 PM
Oooo. HIs name in Bill & Ted's is Rufus!

Laiste
November 19th, 2001, 09:51 PM
Yes! It was great to him him on stage again! He always cracked me up!:lol: :lol: My husband and I watched it last night...I laughed so hard my ribs were hurting...:D

flar7
November 20th, 2001, 02:36 AM
I always use his joke, "did you ever stop to think, that if you poured milk on the ground... you could grow a cow?"