PDA

View Full Version : Music...

Kaylara
March 18th, 2001, 11:47 PM
What Celtic bands are your favorite?

Kaylara

Lady Tana
March 20th, 2001, 08:59 PM
I have a really cool Celtic Moods CD that I play alot..

other than that.. im not sure...

mayhaps i dont know any Celtic bands :(

name a few so i can run buy some new music!!

Ozymandias
March 22nd, 2001, 02:25 AM
Clannad is cool and Crannberries "zombie" is a good Irish song, mostly any Celtic music w/o words so as for meditation.

bansidhe
March 23rd, 2001, 02:54 AM
still have a soft spot for u2..........:)

Amora
March 23rd, 2001, 04:38 PM
My absolute favorite Celtic band is Seven Nations. I'm not sure how widely known they are but they have a few CD's out. If you are into flutes and bagpipes they ROCK!!!

Niamh
March 24th, 2001, 08:48 PM
I like Altan.

Kaylara
March 27th, 2001, 12:10 AM
Lothlorien is awsome... some of their stuff is at MP3.com

A great pagan station on mp3.com is:
http://stations.mp3s.com/stations/91/above_a_star_earth_spirit_.html

It's gotta ton of good celtic and pagan music on it!

Kaylara

*ULA*
April 15th, 2001, 02:44 PM
amora, i love seven nations! i just saw them play at a scottish festival in jacksonville! yeah!!!

sinead o-conner has some cool traditional irish tunes she plays... i like the cranberries as well.. and i too <sigh> am quite a fan of U2.

there's a florida band called celtic soul that's wonderful if anyone has ever heard of them...!

ELM
April 16th, 2001, 01:01 PM
Led Zeppelin, you might not think of them as a Celtic band, but Plant was born on the Welsh English border, and a lot of their songs have references to Celtic deities and traditions. Like the battle of Evermore and What is and What should Never be. Also Stairway to Heaven is like the Celtic prophecy of the re-awakening. So I like them a lot.

Swanspirit
April 21st, 2001, 01:24 PM
Merry Merry ,
Saw him in concert in Philadelphia years ago and was not twenty feet away.
The odd thing was that prior to leaving for Philly I had this "anxiety attack" about what to wear,
and ended up wearing this deep red almost burgundy dress with a black sash as a belt,
and it was EXACTLY what he was wearing, except he had flowing pants on instead of a dress.
The concert was awesome, and his energy was primal and deep and rhythmic of course :>, and Phil
Collins was the drummer and he got a LONG standing ovation as well , Robert Plant had to "step back" and let it happen, and he wasnt the least bit upset, just surprised and pleased and proud :>.
I had heard he was pagan > Robert Plant that is? anyone know for sure?
Love and Light and Music forever
Swannie
Oh and right now my favorite "celtic or anything" music is coming from the
Angels of Venice, who do Classical, Celtic, Renaissance Rock, and Folk.
They are wonderful, I just sent away for THREE of their Cd's

Shy Hawk
April 22nd, 2001, 01:27 PM
It has to be Lorenna McKennit. She is awsome. Check our her song "All souls night" about well...all souls night. Also the "Mummer's Dance". She is just great and sings about good pagan things. She has many songs about nature and the Sabbats. She's just very cool. Check her out on Napster.

idusty88
April 30th, 2001, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Swanspirit
I had heard he was pagan > Robert Plant that is? anyone know for sure?
Not for sure, but I highly suspect so. If you watch the movie "The Song Remains the Same", not to mention their lyrics, it seems so. A common rumor is that Jimmy Page is in the Golden Dawn trad. Also notice the earth, air, fire and water symbols they each choose as their personal logos.

dragondancer
May 16th, 2001, 01:35 PM
Lorenna McKennit is definitely my favorite Celtic CD, she is amazing, her voice is something else!! I do have a soft spot for U2, I just saw them in concert recently (awesome), but I don't really consider them Celtic music as they are more of a Rock Band!!

loopy
May 28th, 2001, 10:37 AM
Would anyone mind if this was expanded to include other Pagan music as well? :) I was looking for some. Hoping anyone could recommend. I'm very into really primitive, drum-filled, Amazon-like music. Can anyone suggest a specific song?

Swanspirit
May 28th, 2001, 12:58 PM
Merry Merry,
This was just recommended to me just the other day ;perhaps not as specific as you
were seeking , but definitely good music ....... , my friend raves about it :>
(a friend who lives on the Southern part of the East Coast of South Africa). Now its a bit "modern" but definitely interesting ..... look for Johnny Clegg , especially with Savuka :>.
Love and Light
Swannie

Armitage
May 29th, 2001, 03:33 AM
Hmm...I love Clannad and the Cranberries, was raised on U2, and love Irish/Celtic punk...Black 47, Dropkick Murphys...Fun stuff.

loopy
May 29th, 2001, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. :) I Napstered Johnny Clegg and am downloading it now. I also remembered how awesome Xena Amazon dances are, so I'm downloading all the TV soundtracks. :D I HIGHLY recommend them.

loopy
June 1st, 2001, 04:14 AM
Hey all! Come check out the new Music forum. :)