PDA

View Full Version : RFK Jr. blames Bush, global warming for hurricane

Trithemius
August 31st, 2005, 08:57 AM
It was only a matter of time before someone on the left blamed Bush. I'm really disappointed in RFK Jr. He could have used his wealth and influence to help those in need, but instead he chose to politicize this mess. Way to go, BOB, you jerk. :geez:

Do President Bush and so-called "global warming" have anything to do with the catastrophic damage caused by Hurricane Katrina?

Yes, according to some politicians and public figures, who are already politicizing the disaster.

Among them is Robert F. Kennedy Jr., a lawyer and environmentalist who is a host on the Air America Radio network.

Link to Story (http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46059)

Renny
August 31st, 2005, 09:14 AM
Wow...

I'm a person who cant stand Bush, but that is a little far fetched.

There are many other people to blame for global warming, it cant be blamed on just one person. What about all those companies that violate environmental regulations?

Ya can't blame Bush for everything... that's really ridiculous

Darkdale
August 31st, 2005, 09:19 AM
You know, I know Robert is a liberal, but his work with the environment as been mainly down to earth, science based and reasonable. He isn't just a political activist, he's an environmentalist (which is rare). Anyway, I just wouldn't expect something like this from RFK, jr. I suspect he must have a new book coming out or he wants to sell more copies of previous books. This seems like a PR stunt.

AmericanMe
August 31st, 2005, 02:24 PM
What gets me is the knee-jerk "global warming" response to the hurricane seasons we are having. When in fact there have been worse hurricanes and more active seasons in the past before we began tracking them like we do now.

DragonsChest
August 31st, 2005, 02:25 PM
If the sun goes nova, I'm sure it will be Bush's fault.

DocBruce
August 31st, 2005, 02:32 PM
As much as I dislike Bush, this is just plain stupid.

CoolJ
August 31st, 2005, 02:35 PM
doesn't surprise me, I know a history teacher who blames Bush for obesity in America....

it's one thing to disagree with the man, and argue against him reasonably... but ... somethings are just silly

Penthesilea
August 31st, 2005, 02:38 PM
If the sun goes nova, I'm sure it will be Bush's fault.I agree. Stinks of publicity stunt -- not that anyone is going to pay attention to it what with the news coming out of the Gulf Coast!

Xander67
August 31st, 2005, 09:52 PM
Im surprised people still take anything that man says seriously now days... (RFK)

was he slurring his words???

Darkdale
August 31st, 2005, 11:35 PM
Im surprised people still take anything that man says seriously now days... (RFK)

Just because Robert is acting like Michael Moore shouldn't totally turn you off to him. He has been a very down to earth guy in the past and has down lots of good for realistic environmentalist thought.

pawnman
September 1st, 2005, 12:53 AM
Let's not forget, according to the liberals, that Bush caused the levies to break as well...after all, if we hadn't gone into Iraq, we'd have had plenty of money to repair them, right?

pawnman
September 1st, 2005, 12:54 AM

You're thinking of Uncle Teddy.

Shanti
September 1st, 2005, 01:03 AM
This was on the news. A minister of something in Germany said we caused the hurricane because we are responsible for the global warming.

They had on a professor of astropheric and weather stuff.
Anyhow...the professor said that history has seen years like we have had recently, in the past. He said there have been years a lot worse than we have had as of late. Its just that those storms didnt hit our shores. But the storms where out there.
He said the weather has gone from science to the political floor which distorts everything.
He said this hurricane was a totally natural thing and its nothing new...it just hit us, which is rare, but it does happens.

Valnorran
September 1st, 2005, 11:31 AM
It always amazes me how much power Bush haters will ascribe to the man. I'm a Bush Supporter and even I don't think he has the power to affect the weather...

Dark Phoenix
September 1st, 2005, 11:51 AM
Let's not forget, according to the liberals, that Bush caused the levies to break as well...after all, if we hadn't gone into Iraq, we'd have had plenty of money to repair them, right?

The argument is that if Bush had not diverted funds from homeland security to fund the war that the Levies would not be so far behind schedule or something to that effect. Cutting funds for the levies is stupid move it still might not have changed the fact that they broke.

pawnman
September 1st, 2005, 12:50 PM
This was on the news. A minister of something in Germany said we caused the hurricane because we are responsible for the global warming.

They had on a professor of astropheric and weather stuff.
Anyhow...the professor said that history has seen years like we have had recently, in the past. He said there have been years a lot worse than we have had as of late. Its just that those storms didnt hit our shores. But the storms where out there.
He said the weather has gone from science to the political floor which distorts everything.
He said this hurricane was a totally natural thing and its nothing new...it just hit us, which is rare, but it does happens.

Sure. Less than a decade of productivity gains were able to influence global weather patterns on this scale. Because everyone knows that we never had hurricanes before Bush was elected. :goodgrief

BlueMoon13
September 1st, 2005, 01:31 PM
Would'nt the state be responsible,at least in part,for levy upkeep?

Frankly, I'm disgusted at the way this has been politicized already, by some on both sides. I actually heard a conservative commentator refer to Lousiana's "Democratic" governer being overwhelmed. THAT was uncalled for, and borders on disgraceful :mad:

pawnman
September 1st, 2005, 01:33 PM

Frankly, I'm disgusted at the way this has been politicized already, by some on both sides. I actually heard a conservative refer to Lousiana's "Democratic" governer being overwhelmed. THAT was uncalled for, and borders on disgraceful :mad:

Anyone in his position would be overwhelmed...I don't know that that one was a personal attack. And watching the looters run rampant through New Orleans...it's pretty obvious he's not in control of the situation the way he'd like to be.

BlueMoon13
September 1st, 2005, 02:37 PM
Anyone in his position would be overwhelmed...I don't know that that one was a personal attack. And watching the looters run rampant through New Orleans...it's pretty obvious he's not in control of the situation the way he'd like to be.
Oh, I agree, the governer's overwhelmed, anyone would be. But that the commentator went out of her way to point out the governer was a Democrat certainly was'nt necessary. Party affiliation does'nt play a role in having the misfortune of being the governer of one of the states slammed by the worst natural disaster to ever hit the country.

ShadowcatX
September 1st, 2005, 02:44 PM
If the sun goes nova, I'm sure it will be Bush's fault.

Quite honestly if the sun goes nova it probably will be Bush's fault. (Recalling the image of Superman throwing all the nuclear weapons into the sun, only this time there's no Superman and something goes wrong.)

But realistically, I understand what you're saying and you're right.

stephy-sama
September 1st, 2005, 02:44 PM
Wow, that's far fetched. I mean, I get sick of people on the right using disasters to push their own agenda. Everytime I see somebody on MY side use one, it makes my stomach churn even more. I mean, comments like that make us look like nuts. I mean, let's clean the situation up instead of throwing dirt at the opposite political spectrum, mmkay? This goes for either side of the fence.

I do think this is caused by global warming and I do think that Bush isn't really doing anything to slow down global warming, but I also feel we have been damaging our environment long before Bush was in office. Besides, the earth goes through cycles of weather changes. What we are doing to the environment is just speeding it up. We could slow it down, but we can't stop it entirely.

Valnorran
September 1st, 2005, 03:05 PM
Anyone in his position would be overwhelmed...
Her, actually. ;)

Valnorran
September 1st, 2005, 03:06 PM
Yes, although I believe the Army Corp of Engineers was involved.

BlueMoon13
September 1st, 2005, 03:14 PM
Yes, although I believe the Army Corp of Engineers was involved.*****sarcasm ahead******
Oh....so.....then the levees failing was a joint STATE and FEDERAL conspiracy against the poor minorities of New Orleans, and not just entirely the president's fault? :hmmmmm:

The way some people act you'd think the man was out there picking at the damn things with an axe. :goodgrief

Valnorran
September 1st, 2005, 03:24 PM
*****sarcasm ahead******
Oh....so.....then the levees failing was a joint STATE and FEDERAL conspiracy against the poor minorities of New Orleans, and not just entirely the president's fault? :hmmmmm:

The way some people act you'd think the man was out there picking at the damn things with an axe. :goodgrief
D'OH! The cat's outta the bag!

DragonsChest
September 1st, 2005, 03:50 PM
D'OH! The cat's outta the bag!

Now that BlueMoon has revealed that which she swore never to reveal, we will have to "take care" of her, ya know whad I mean?

Valnorran
September 1st, 2005, 04:36 PM
Now that BlueMoon has revealed that which she swore never to reveal, we will have to "take care" of her, ya know whad I mean?
Black helicopters have already been dispatched.

DragonsChest
September 1st, 2005, 04:38 PM
Black helicopters have already been dispatched.

Roger that.

BlueMoon13
September 1st, 2005, 05:07 PM
:nyah: :seehearsp Aha! ANOTHER conservative conspiracy......

erlynn
September 1st, 2005, 07:15 PM

Yes, but they have to get their money from the federal government.

I wouldn't say BushCo. is responsible for the hurricane, but I would put a lot of blame for the current situation right in their laps.

http://americablog.blogspot.com/2005/08/bush-took-new-orleans-disaster-funds.html (http://americablog.blogspot.com/2005/08/bush-took-new-orleans-disaster-funds.html)

pawnman
September 1st, 2005, 08:08 PM
Her, actually. ;)

I must be thinking the mayor...who's the one that's always on TV blaming FEMA for the lack of aid?

Valnorran
September 2nd, 2005, 09:33 AM
I must be thinking the mayor...who's the one that's always on TV blaming FEMA for the lack of aid?
I don't know. I'm still trying to figure out why the rescuers don't return fire.

DragonsChest
September 2nd, 2005, 10:50 AM
Taking pot shots at the rescuers demands return fire. What are they waiting for? :geez:

Darkdale
September 2nd, 2005, 11:00 AM
I don't know. I'm still trying to figure out why the rescuers don't return fire.

The Military is there now, I think, or are landing. They've been ordered to "Shoot and Kill".

Valnorran
September 2nd, 2005, 11:46 AM
The Military is there now, I think, or are landing. They've been ordered to "Shoot and Kill".
Good. Then they can feed the dead looters to the hungry and solve the starvation problem.

aluokaloo
September 2nd, 2005, 12:47 PM
I don't .like bush either but this is all in all a bit far fetched.

pawnman
September 2nd, 2005, 06:33 PM
Good. Then they can feed the dead looters to the hungry and solve the starvation problem.

Since apparently MREs aren't good enough for them.

Illiandra
September 3rd, 2005, 02:32 AM
aaahh yes the bush argument that rights kids lets blame poor Bush it is obvious that he completly to blame for the hurrican him and his secret service agents with their SUPER SECRET WEATHER CONTROLLING LAZER we all know the tsunami was his fault to wanted to hit the other super powers befor they could become super.

Come on lets be reasonable... the Gov of New Orleans dropped the ball. The Gov was fully aware of how bad this storm was going to be yet did nothing to mobilize the 5000 or so State national guard and the 1000 or so state police. They should have been ready to move out and arrive in NO by Tues. morning. Yes Bush should have had those troops federalized but to my understanding they Gov still has to set the ball in motion. The Gov. should have had buses ready and waiting on the border to move people out of the city befor the dag on levee broke. Does no one remember the news and the Gov and the Mayor all tallking for 5 days befor the hurrican about the catagory 5 storm on the way and the devastation that would be cause when the levee's broke. They were aware that this was the likelyhood of the tragedy they faces yet the Gov did nothing. Bush might be the president, but there is a chain of command for a reason. Things should have been set in motion far befor Bush should have to come in and pulled the resorces of the nation to go bale out New Orleans.

Darkdale
September 3rd, 2005, 11:17 AM
Come on lets be reasonable... the Gov of New Orleans dropped the ball.

You mean the Mayor. New Orleans has a mayor and Louisiana has a Governor. I think they both made mistakes, but that isn't important now, learning from those mistakes is what is important.