PDA

View Full Version : Natal Charts & Transits...

Kadynas
November 19th, 2001, 05:17 AM
Ok here's an interesting question to play with... Say a person has Venus squares Mars in their natal chart...now I just looked at Litha's post of aspects for the week and noticed that this aspect is coming up. Does a person that has this aspect natally weather it better or worse than someone who does not? Are they able to handle it better because they experience these energies on a regular basis, or does it only emphasize the challenging aspects all the more?

For example, I know a lot of people who's world goes nuts when Mercury Retrograde hits...it never seems to bother me much, and I have Mercury Rx natally (the ruler of my chart no less!)

Just wanted to know what everyone thought... :D

Methanespirit
November 19th, 2001, 10:04 AM
Kadynas, people who have certain planets configured in their birth charts, and especially if they are angular, definitely have an ability to handle their influence via transit better than those who do not have them strong in their nativity. This accounts for those , say with Jupiter angular, to be able to take advantage of his influence in order to become more successful and prosperous. Likewise those who have, Saturn angular, can better weather the storms of losses, and even to avoid such by knowing and learning what to do under a Saturn influence. This is the reason why many who can endure a transit of one malefic planet can collapse under the influence of another. Those who do not have the benefics (Jupiter, Mercury, Venus, and Uranus) strong in their nativity, most often cannot fully take advantage of the forces of these planets when they become angular by transit in their nativity, nor by an important position in a prophetic return chart. It has also been noticed that those planets which are in strength at birth, often have a more frequent regularity in appearing the same in their annual Sidereal Solar prophetic charts.

Mercury retrograde, is not to be feared as much as some let on. It simply indicates that many traveling, projects, communications and plans will not go smoothly. Instead of fighting the forces, it is much easier to go along with them by altering one's will and drive for accommodation. Mercury by retrograde motion is best handled by completing old work or undertaking projects that are incomplete, instead of initiating something new.

.............Methane (CH4)

Litha
November 19th, 2001, 12:34 PM
ah, yup
just what he said :D

huggles to your wonderful sidereal brain, sir!
(ps love the name formula, CH4)

Kadynas,
nothing can happen to a person that is not already promised in their natal chart. It is useful to have a look at the natal chart when any transits aspect natal planets or power points. If the natal aspect is difficult, even the most benific aspect can be experienced with great difficulty.
Note that most of whom that perished in WTC were in the age froup that had a natal saturn/pluto opposition that is strongly in effect these days.

Kadynas
November 20th, 2001, 05:09 AM
Really? That's interesting...the whole WTC thing. But you guys were saying about Jupiter being angular? I have Jupiter like 1 degree from my Ascendent, although they're in different signs (Asc-Gem/Jupiter-Cancer), so where the heck is all this success and prosperity at? :lol: I think my Jupiter works more like my guardian angel in a way...it doesn't give me any success that i can see, it doesn't make me fat (like most books say!), and it definitely doesn't keep the bad things from happening. But what it does (or seems to from my observations) is save my butt at the last possible second in any bad situation! :lol:

Although, as I wrote this I was just thinking... I was always told that the ruler of the Ascendent's sign is the ruler of your chart...with Jupiter so close does that change things? I must say I relate fairly strongly with Gemini rising...eternally curious!

Maybe I should change this thread to "Random Astrological Musings"! :lol:

Methanespirit
November 20th, 2001, 09:01 PM
Kadynas, in your case, with Sidereal Gemini rising, this automatically makes Mercury the ruler of the chart. However, with Jupiter also on the Ascendant, look to the house of rulership for Jupiter. which in your case, is the 7th -of environments, and oppositions. Jupiter also, modifies the meaning of the Ascendant by being on it,

................Methane (CH4)