PDA

View Full Version : Congressional Black Caucus blames...

Darkdale
September 2nd, 2005, 10:50 AM
"slow response" on race and poverty. That our government is racist or hates the poor and they aren't doing their best. People are risking their lives! People are donating money, gas, generators. The country is COMING TO YOUR AID and you want to play racial politics? In my opinion, these people on television right now (CBC) are not my countrymen. I am so disgusted right now, I don't... I'm just at a loss for words. I'm just embarrassed, disgusted, angry... I've never been so angry... These aren't my people. If they are Americans, I am embarrassed to be one. My optimism that this event would bring out the best and we would remember the best is gone. I’ll remember the looters, the snipers shooting at hospital workers as they try to rescue babies and pregnant women from a New Orleans hospital, the thugs marching the streets with Machine Guns and the Black Leadership in this country blaming the slow response on racism. These people are just grotesque, bizarre… Ungrateful… Am I the only one who is outraged over this?

Trithemius
September 2nd, 2005, 10:54 AM
I couldn't agree with you more.

Mjollnir
September 2nd, 2005, 10:57 AM
Must....not....make....stereotypical....comments.....GAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darkdale
September 2nd, 2005, 11:07 AM
These people who are turning around and blaming the federal government for not doing enough have...no idea...the... The government is doing everything they can. I just, I'm not certain how in the world these people can call themselves American... I think human is a stretch at this point. This is the worst natural disaster in our history and all they can do is complain and whine and do nothing. What a bunch of jackals.

DragonsChest
September 2nd, 2005, 11:12 AM
It's disgusting how the race card gets played any time it can - and that self responsibility is never played at all.

You're not poor because you're black, any more than I am because I'm white. You're not being denied help because you're poor or black, it's because there are idiots out there shooting at those who would bring you help.

The race card is a tired old lady, who should be allowed to die her death. Get over yourselves, and get on with it.

Mjollnir
September 2nd, 2005, 11:15 AM
These people who are turning around and blaming the federal government for not doing enough have...no idea...the... The government is doing everything they can. I just, I'm not certain how in the world these people can call themselves American... I think human is a stretch at this point. This is the worst natural disaster in our history and all they can do is complain and whine and do nothing. What a bunch of jackals.

Lets take a tally Asa......Their are certain individuals blaming the govt. for whatever reason. I read in the Opinion/Editorial section of the N.Y. Daily News today "voodoo" is being blamed, certain people on this site have been putting their two inane cents in on this and I sit and stare in awe. I see looters taking advantage of those trying to help them, stories of robbery,rape and so forth......f*#& 'em, they wanna act like animals they should be treated like animals. I am gonna stop now before I get all wound up and banned.

Darkdale
September 2nd, 2005, 11:15 AM
The democrats need it to sure up their political tyranny over the African American voting black (which shouldn't exist)*. This just shows how far they are willing to go.

Why do African Americans all have to vote the same way? Who convinced them that if you are black, you vote democrat? I'll just never understand this political segregation.

Dark Phoenix
September 2nd, 2005, 11:28 AM
The democrats need it to sure up their political tyranny over the African American voting black (which shouldn't exist)*. This just shows how far they are willing to go.

Why do African Americans all have to vote the same way? Who convinced them that if you are black, you vote democrat? I'll just never understand this political segregation.

In their minds if they vote Republican they will get screwed by said Republicans policy's and what they feel is their lack of commitment to Civil rights.

Valnorran
September 2nd, 2005, 11:35 AM
Gods forbid the congressional black causus should do something somewhat meaningful. Perhaps they could really go out on a limb and condemn the looters. But no, that would be rational behavior.

I propose this: Let's kill two birds with one stone - kill the looters and feed them to the hungry.

Darkdale
September 2nd, 2005, 11:54 AM
In their minds if they vote Republican they will get screwed by said Republicans policy's and what they feel is their lack of commitment to Civil rights.

I guess, I just don't think those fears come from reality. They've been loyal to the democratic party for fifty years and, as a group, their state of affairs is no better. You’d think they'd eventually figure out that democrats aren't doing anything to promote the general welfare of African-Americans. But, that isn't what bothers me. That's the politics and now isn't a time for politics. Now is a time for compassion and sincerity and sacrifice. Now is a time for racist organizations like the Congressional Black Caucus to put away their hatred and fears and to join together with Americans in caring for the needs of those who've had their lives just ripped out from under them. Now isn't a time for politics or racism.

With all the violence and barbarism taking place within the city of New Orleans, the police and firemen have themselves become victims and now that the United States military is there, order will be restored and the people who need help will get it.

I just want to thank the Federal Government for its' unprecedented efforts and for the compassion of every American that is doing everything they can, from turning off their air conditioning and turning off their lights to conserve energy, to conserving gasoline, to sending money to the Red Cross and FEMA and the Salvation Army, to leaving their jobs and volunteering at the Astrodome and for everything else that they are doing. I want to stay positive, but it is hard, when so many people in New Orleans who we want to rescue are preventing their own aid by their violence and lawlessness and they are preventing the rescue and aid from reaching the people that need it. They should just be ashamed of themselves.

narleymarley03
September 2nd, 2005, 01:27 PM
I am sickened by what I am reading on this post. I am a middleaged white woman from VA and I live in a predominatly white suburb.. I personally called the NAACP and a local member of the black caucus yesterday asking why they wern't speaking out about this situation? It's horrible some of you accusing them of playing the race card. This is a time it should be played.
Also, this c--p about everone getting out of town. Tourists were stranded because airlines pulled out so early. The people without cars or the means to get out, look at how long it's taking with running buses. People with cars and means some couldn't get out because the few roads going out were a parking lot.

BlueMoon13
September 2nd, 2005, 01:36 PM
Narley-for the love of Pete, don't you get that every time the" black man" gets screwed it's NOT because he's black?!?! How many sandwiches has the NAACP put on a truck and brought down there? How many bottles of water have Jackson and Sharpton and the whole damn Rainbow Coalition brought? Do you know there are people in this country that have offered their homes-their OWN homes-to complete strangers from the affected areas and DID NOT specify "black" or "white" only? Why is there even an Congressional Black Caucus? Can we only IMAGINE the outcry if there was a Congressional WHITE Caucus?

YOU'RE disgusted? I'm disgusted and frustrated that help has'nt reached this people yet as well, but how can helicopters get close enough for airdrops when they're being shot at? It's NOT racism, and I want to puke at the implication that it is-that's just damn WRONG.
:bangyourh :bangyourh :bangyourh :bangyourh :bangyourh :bangyourh :bangyourh

narleymarley03
September 2nd, 2005, 01:41 PM
I'm sorry but I can't sway on my opinnion on this issue.

BlueMoon13
September 2nd, 2005, 01:44 PM
Then I'm very afraid you are mistaken, and we'll have to agree to disagree.

Darkdale
September 2nd, 2005, 01:47 PM
I am sickened by what I am reading on this post. I am a middleaged white woman from VA and I live in a predominatly white suburb.. I personally called the NAACP and a local member of the black caucus yesterday asking why they wern't speaking out about this situation? It's horrible some of you accusing them of playing the race card. This is a time it should be played.
Also, this c--p about everone getting out of town. Tourists were stranded because airlines pulled out so early. The people without cars or the means to get out, look at how long it's taking with running buses. People with cars and means some couldn't get out because the few roads going out were a parking lot.

I'm sorry, but you are flat out wrong. I cannot believe that you would encourage these guys. The NAACP and the Black Caucus have lost all credibility in my opinion, they come off as racist as the white power groups and are no better. This is a human disaster, it isn't about black people or white people. This is a human disaster and we need to handle this with compassion for everyone, not just blacks. I think I understand your feelings on the issue (maybe not), but I hope you realize where we are coming from, because civil rights groups should be civil rights groups, but they have become purely concerned with political power and purley racist in their activities. It really is an awful state of affairs.

Mjollnir
September 2nd, 2005, 02:21 PM
I am sickened by what I am reading on this post.

Maybe you should be sickened by the fact that the race card is being played, did you bother to read the first post? I am sure Asa can provide you with where he read it so it will make you eat your words.

I am a middleaged white woman from VA and I live in a predominatly white suburb..

So maybe you should move to a ghetto to "experience" firsthand how mean ole' whitey is keeping them "down"

I personally called the NAACP and a local member of the black caucus yesterday asking why they wern't speaking out about this situation? It's horrible some of you accusing them of playing the race card.

Yet you somehow forgot to post their response to your inquiry? We are accusing them of playing the race card because it is exactly what they are doing, playing the race card in the midst of a tragedy to further their own agenda, way to go their skippy..............

This is a time it should be played.

The "playing" of the race card is horseshit.

Quick question............what have you done?

DragonsChest
September 2nd, 2005, 02:25 PM
Quick question............what have you done?

That question was to narley. My question is: what is it in your past that you feel guilty enough about that you are trying to assuage your conscience now by agreeing with the "race card"? How can you possibly believe that race has an iota to do with a hurricane bearing down on you, and then afterwards the rescuers not giving aid - oh because they're being SHOT at!?!

I've donated to the Red Cross - what have you done?

Mjollnir
September 2nd, 2005, 02:27 PM
That question was to narley. My question is: what is it in your past that you feel guilty enough about that you are trying to assuage your conscience now by agreeing with the "race card"? How can you possibly believe that race has an iota to do with a hurricane bearing down on you, and then afterwards the rescuers not giving aid - oh because they're being SHOT at!?!

Ok so is this to narley also??
My question is: what is it in your past that you feel guilty enough about that you are trying to assuage your conscience now by agreeing with the "race card"? How can you possibly believe that race has an iota to do with a hurricane bearing down on you, and then afterwards the rescuers not giving aid - oh because they're being SHOT at!?!

I've donated to the Red Cross - what have you done

DragonsChest
September 2nd, 2005, 02:29 PM
Ok so is this to narley also??

Yeppers! Sorry not to say that.

Darkdale
September 2nd, 2005, 02:30 PM
Speaking of doing things, one of the things that ALL of us can do, is to do everything we can to cut back on our use of energy. Turn off the AC, turn off the lights, conserve gasoline, conserve water... anything you can to decrease consumption. The economic effects are going to effect everyone and we all need to take responsibility for that, we can't just pretend like everything is going to be ok.

Also:

The Red Cross (http://www.redcross.org/)
The Salvation Army (http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/USNSAHome.htm)

DragonsChest
September 2nd, 2005, 02:34 PM
Speaking of doing things, one of the things that ALL of us can do, is to do everything we can to cut back on our use of energy. Turn off the AC, turn off the lights, conserve gasoline, conserve water... anything you can to decrease consumption. The economic effects are going to effect everyone and we all need to take responsibility for that, we can't just pretend like everything is going to be ok.

Also:

The Red Cross (http://www.redcross.org/)
The Salvation Army (http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/USNSAHome.htm)

Okay, the lights we don't need are off. We have cut back on our car trips. But there ain't no way in Oklahoma, with it at 93 degrees and humidity out the wazoo, that I'm turning my A/C off. Alter the settings a little, yes, but off - no. Sorry, can't do that right now.

If we lived in an area where we would get relief from just opening the windows, then yes. Unfortunately, the climate here is not friendly.

ShadowcatX
September 2nd, 2005, 02:36 PM
I guess, I just don't think those fears come from reality. They've been loyal to the democratic party for fifty years and, as a group, their state of affairs is no better. You’d think they'd eventually figure out that democrats aren't doing anything to promote the general welfare of African-Americans. But, that isn't what bothers me. That's the politics and now isn't a time for politics.

So then why make a thread discussing their politics and your hatred of them and how your politics are better? Or is it only that it's not the time for the politicians who disagree with you?

Darkdale
September 2nd, 2005, 02:39 PM
So then why make a thread discussing their politics and your hatred of them and how your politics are better? Or is it only that it's not the time for the politicians who disagree with you?

I was pointing out, (try to read words) that we shouldn't be making this political, I just want to understand why they are and it is because of their political premise. I can't address one without the other. Anyway, I wouldn't expect you to be concerned about the real problem. I'll start a political thread so the liberals can all talk about how Bush caused the hurricane and how he hates blacks and poor people and conservatives are out to destroy the world.

Meanwhile, I'll talk with the conservatives about how we can help the people affected by this tragedy, because that is what is most important.

Darkdale
September 2nd, 2005, 02:43 PM
I'll start a political thread so the liberals can all talk about how Bush caused the hurricane and how he hates blacks and poor people and conservatives are out to destroy the world.

Nevermind, It's already been done. What a shocker! Blame Bush, it's all his fault... ohhhh those evil republicans! (http://www.mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=106360)

ShadowcatX
September 2nd, 2005, 02:47 PM
I was pointing out, (try to read words) that we shouldn't be making this political, I just want to understand why they are and it is because of their political premise. I can't address one without the other. Anyway, I wouldn't expect you to be concerned about the real problem. I'll start a political thread so the liberals can all talk about how Bush caused the hurricane and how he hates blacks and poor people and conservatives are out to destroy the world.

Meanwhile, I'll talk with the conservatives about how we can help the people affected by this tragedy, because that is what is most important.

LOL Once again you pull the "my politics are good and we should discuss my politics, but their politics are bad."

But to the actions of the Black Caucus, you want me to say I agree with you? I do. If I didn't I'd have said so in the first post.

I have an idea, let's send in our National Guard to help out. . .oh wait, they're in other countries. Let's send in army helicopters to take food to the people in New Orleans, oh wait, they're all in Iraq. Let's use the huge amount of money the core of engineers gets every year to ensure this never happens again, oh wait, all that's going to Iraq as well.

But at least, thanks to Bush and your efforts we'll have cheap gas while the people die.

Darkdale
September 2nd, 2005, 02:47 PM
Okay, the lights we don't need are off. We have cut back on our car trips. But there ain't no way in Oklahoma, with it at 93 degrees and humidity out the wazoo, that I'm turning my A/C off. Alter the settings a little, yes, but off - no. Sorry, can't do that right now.

:) It's 89 degrees in my house right now, if it gets above 90, I'll have to cut something on. I just cannot imagine what it must be like out in that city right now. It must be insanely hot, insanely humid. Just aweful.

Darkdale
September 2nd, 2005, 02:49 PM
LOL Once again you pull the "my politics are good and we should discuss my politics, but their politics are bad."

But to the actions of the Black Caucus, you want me to say I agree with you? I do. If I didn't I'd have said so in the first post.

I have an idea, let's send in our National Guard to help out. . .oh wait, they're in other countries. Let's send in army helicopters to take food to the people in New Orleans, oh wait, they're all in Iraq. Let's use the huge amount of money the core of engineers gets every year to ensure this never happens again, oh wait, all that's going to Iraq as well.

But at least, thanks to Bush and your efforts we'll have cheap gas while the people die.

lol, ok. ok. Go find a television or a newspaper or, you're online. Good. Go to CNN.com and look around and come back and tell us how much the government is spending a day and how much we have already allocated and how many National Guard are already there and how funding for the Army Corp of Engineers is secured. Then you'll realize (I want have to rant on it) how absurd your post is.

PaganLibrarian
September 2nd, 2005, 02:49 PM
I have an idea, let's send in our National Guard to help out. . .oh wait, they're in other countries.

If it isn't our National Guard that is trying to restore order in New Orleans, who's is it?

ShadowcatX
September 2nd, 2005, 02:51 PM
:) It's 89 degrees in my house right now, if it gets above 90, I'll have to cut something on. I just cannot imagine what it must be like out in that city right now. It must be insanely hot, insanely humid. Just aweful.

And hungry, wet, thirsty. I can't imagine it either.

Darkdale
September 2nd, 2005, 02:53 PM
If it isn't our National Guard that is trying to restore order in New Orleans, who's is it?

I already directed him to CNN. He should come back with an answer shortly.

ShadowcatX
September 2nd, 2005, 02:56 PM
lol, ok. ok. Go find a television or a newspaper or, you're online. Good. Go to CNN.com and look around and come back and tell us how much the government is spending a day and how much we have already allocated and how many National Guard are already there and how funding for the Army Corp of Engineers is secured. Then you'll realize (I want have to rant on it) how absurd your post is.

How 'bout the funding for the Core of Engineers has been cut for the past 3 years and how they might have been able to do something to prevent this.

How about how many National Guard would have been there had they not been deployed other places around the globe instead?

Mjollnir
September 2nd, 2005, 02:56 PM
I already directed him to CNN. He should come back with an answer shortly.

With the amount of radio/print/T.V./'net coverage since Sunday I cannot fathom how ANYONE would not be up to speed on the progress of what we are trying to accomplish.

Mjollnir
September 2nd, 2005, 03:01 PM
How 'bout the funding for the Core of Engineers has been cut for the past 3 years and how they might have been able to do something to prevent this.

How about how many National Guard would have been there had they not been deployed other places around the globe instead?

Not to be a grammar Nazi but it's CORPS, secondly it is ridiculous to blame Bush for this, it goes way beyond just the mistakes he has made, but alas he is in the hot seat. I was watching the Discovery channel last night and a biologist stated that for the past 80 years the Mississippi Delta has been "dying" due to the fact that the Delta has for all intents and purposes been cut off from the Mississippi and if it were "healthy" it could have prevented some of the damage caused by the storm surge.

You do realize EACH state has their own Guard dont you?? It is not like every state's guard is overseas and they should be mobilized to go to La. if necessary, which I believe is already being done.

ShadowcatX
September 2nd, 2005, 03:06 PM
Not to be a grammar Nazi but it's CORPS,

When you can't attack the person's points, attack their grammar. Well done.

secondly it is ridiculous to blame Bush for this, it goes way beyond just the mistakes he has made, but alas he is in the hot seat. I was watching the Discovery channel last night and a biologist stated that for the past 80 years the Mississippi Delta has been "dying" due to the fact that the Delta has for all intents and purposes been cut off from the Mississippi and if it were "healthy" it could have prevented some of the damage caused by the storm surge.

I've NEVER blamed Bush for the disaster. I've joked about it. I've agreed it was a foolish thing to do. I do blame Bush, however, for his actions and reactions.

You do realize EACH state has their own Guard dont you?? It is not like every state's guard is overseas and they should be mobilized to go to La. if necessary, which I believe is already being done.

We knew this disaster was coming days in advance, why weren't they mobilized to go to La then?

Mjollnir
September 2nd, 2005, 03:13 PM
When you can't attack the person's points, attack their grammar. Well done.

Thanks, I thought it came across ok myself although I am having an off day........................BTW, you have made no points, just ramblings with no evidence to support them.

I've NEVER blamed Bush for the disaster. I've joked about it. I've agreed it was a foolish thing to do. I do blame Bush, however, for his actions and reactions.

And you would react to a disaster of this magnitude how exactly??

We knew this disaster was coming days in advance, why weren't they mobilized to go to La then?

See, heres the funny thing, unless you are actually the one predicting the event or have experienced one first hand running around mobilizing everyone only to have it suddenly veer off course and miss you will only bring MORE blame...as in wasted resources blame...so unless you have a crystal ball and could 100% predict the outcome of this particular 'cane saying "we knew it was coming but no one was mobilized" is hogwash.

ShadowcatX
September 2nd, 2005, 03:26 PM
Thanks, I thought it came across ok myself although I am having an off day........................BTW, you have made no points, just ramblings with no evidence to support them.

The only points I've tried to make is that it's not right for someone to say "You evil because your talking about politics at a time like this, and oh, my politics are better," and that Bush has not done what he should have.

And you would react to a disaster of this magnitude how exactly??

I'm not in a position where I will ever have to make that call because I don't know exactly what I would do. But closing off roads, cutting funding the the Core of engineers, and not mobolizing the National Guard in other states until after the fact are not among them.

See, heres the funny thing, unless you are actually the one predicting the event or have experienced one first hand running around mobilizing everyone only to have it suddenly veer off course and miss you will only bring MORE blame...as in wasted resources blame...so unless you have a crystal ball and could 100% predict the outcome of this particular 'cane saying "we knew it was coming but no one was mobilized" is hogwash.

I'm sure people would've ignored him mobolizing the National Guard and concentrated on the Evacuation of New Orleans, had things not went the way they did. Don't get me wrong, he was in a bad situation politically, but once the drastic steps have been taken, the smaller ones should be as well.

Darkdale
September 2nd, 2005, 03:31 PM
The only points I've tried to make is that it's not right for someone to say "You evil because your talking about politics at a time like this, and oh, my politics are better," and that Bush has not done what he should have.

I haven't talked about my politics, because politics have NOTHING to do with what is going on in the Gulf right now. You just want to argue though, I don't think you are worried about this discussion.

narleymarley03
September 2nd, 2005, 03:31 PM

I don't have anything to feel guilty about. I have always tried to help my fellow man. I have worked as a nurse for over 20 years caring for patients from every walk of life. My husband grew up in the projects. He was one of two white families left in his building when his family moved. Through a sports scholorship to a Jr. college he was able to get an education and better his circumstances. He has friends that wern't so lucky. I have lived in St. Louis and Pascagola ,MS. I have a son in prison and am a pen pal to inmates of many races. I work with VA CURE to help get legislation passed to help inmates and their families. Our family has donated $50.00 to the Red Cross and I have 2 Crocheted afgans ready to send to shelters. So, don't try to tell me I have no right to my opinion.

PaganLibrarian
September 2nd, 2005, 04:33 PM
So, don't try to tell me I have no right to my opinion.

You certainly have a right to your opinion. Even when some of us think it's a despicable attitude to take.

Darkdale
September 2nd, 2005, 06:28 PM
You know, I'm watching CNN and all they are talking about is the role of Race and Poverty and whether or not we only care about saving white people. I just want to say right now, this is not a conflict they want to create, people like myself have had enough of it and there will be a backlash. We need to have a real backlash and lashing out at these people who constantly play the race card. They are racists and bigots; and conservatives, hispanics, african-americans, caucasians and everyone else need to stand up against this kind of nonsense, and shout these racists down! :grrrrr:

DragonsChest
September 2nd, 2005, 09:53 PM
Our family has donated $50.00 to the Red Cross and I have 2 Crocheted afgans ready to send to shelters.

Thank you for your donations to the cause. I'm sure they will be well received and they are very needed.

CosmicWhispers
September 3rd, 2005, 12:46 AM
There are National Guard units from other states dispatched to the Gulf Coast region.
Also, in VA there are law enforcement agencies collecting supplies and sending volunteer officers to NOLA to assist.

I stopped watching the news coverage after the race thing was announced. I'm sure
the race thing was directed more towards Bush and his Administration, but it is a
horrible insult to the police,fire,EMS,soldiers, and every good samaritan who is down there
risking everything for those people.

narleymarley03
September 3rd, 2005, 01:39 AM
Me calling the NAACP and a local member of the black caucus was to help draw attention to the predominately black population that was not recieving timely assistance. It was in no way anything directed to those that were actually there (not on there way or being sent or coming soon) assisting all citizens to get out of a life or death situation. Help was just not happening quick enough.

enchancea
September 3rd, 2005, 03:26 AM
There are National Guard units from other states dispatched to the Gulf Coast region.
Also, in VA there are law enforcement agencies collecting supplies and sending volunteer officers to NOLA to assist.

I stopped watching the news coverage after the race thing was announced. I'm sure
the race thing was directed more towards Bush and his Administration, but it is a
horrible insult to the police,fire,EMS,soldiers, and every good samaritan who is down there
I agree. I saw a guy on CNN this morning saying it wasn't aimed at those that were helping and he was very thankful for the help to keep helping. For some reason everyone thinks every bit of complaining and criticism is aimed at the police, soldiers, etc... but I dont think it is. I think its more aimed at those guys that sit in their comfortable offices not doing much of anything right now and not the people who are actually there helping or who were waiting for the word to go help.

Darkdale
September 3rd, 2005, 08:34 AM

I should have quit watching too. I now have nothing but absolute hatred for the left and for the media and for liberals in this country. I've never been more ashamed of any group of people in all my life. Just a bunch of awful, disgusting people.

xstarE_nitex
September 3rd, 2005, 04:09 PM
when I saw the race card delt that make me very upset... but after that I also decided to quit watching... its not helping anyone...

BeachWitch
September 3rd, 2005, 09:44 PM
So in reading all the posts here in this thread, I am supposed to believe that it's just a coincidence that the Superdome is filled with nothing but poor black people?

It's all just a terrible and sad coincidence.

I wonder then why, on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, the pictures on CNN and MSNBC were of predominantly black people stranded in the water. Then on Friday and today, the same 3 white women are seen over and over again in all the pictures.

I can't find the pics of the two young mothers. On Friday, those two girls pictures were on every news page. They replaced the pictures of young black mothers... I wonder why .....

So it has nothing to do with race.
It's just a coincidence. Nothing more.

But then I wonder why there is a check point just outside the Superdome. Fox news has a report from last night (Friday) where they comment on the fact that no one from inside the Superdome area is allowed to leave. If they approach the checkpoint on foot they are turned back. Considering the victims are all black, one would have to wonder why they are being forced to remain in unsanitary conditions. The NG has not been there yet to bring food or medicine and no one as of Friday night was being allowed to leave.

Maybe the term refugee now means "poor black person".

Darkdale
September 3rd, 2005, 09:59 PM
So in reading all the posts here in this thread, I am supposed to believe that it's just a coincidence that the Superdome is filled with nothing but poor black people?

That has to do with who stayed behind in New Orleans, not how the relief efforts were conducted. Do you think the white people all magically disappeared or something? They were secretely evacuated by our racist government? C'mon now, you've got to realize how silly that sounds.

BeachWitch
September 3rd, 2005, 10:07 PM
Wow, seriously wow.

So now it's the media, they are the evil doers who manipulate America by only showing pictures and video footage of poor black people. They have a staff sitting in the darkroom for hours upon hours editing out all the white faces. And the same 3 white women are chosen by some sick lottery to represent the last whites left in NO.

Let's get real here. When White America sees 3 little white women in a sea of black faces, what do you think happens?

Come on, at some point you have to admit there is more than coincidence going on.

Agaliha
September 3rd, 2005, 10:09 PM
I watched the footage when the man for the National Black Caucus spoke...on Larry King I think. He said it had nothing to do with race and that economic means were more to blame as to why certian people were left in NOLA. He said those that had the means got out, where as the poor didn't. He said that race was not a factor. And he didn't care what race someone was, something needs to be done to help.

So maybe we were watching a different program or person...?

I know Kanye West, the rapper blamed Bush of not caring about black people (and basicly implied he was racist or something like that) and he criticized the government...could you be thinking of him instead?

I'm just a little confused.... :wtf:

enchancea
September 4th, 2005, 01:18 AM
I watched the footage when the man for the National Black Caucus spoke...on Larry King I think. He said it had nothing to do with race and that economic means were more to blame as to why certian people were left in NOLA. He said those that had the means got out, where as the poor didn't. He said that race was not a factor. And he didn't care what race someone was, something needs to be done to help.

So maybe we were watching a different program or person...?

I know Kanye West, the rapper blamed Bush of not caring about black people (and basicly implied he was racist or something like that) and he criticized the government...could you be thinking of him instead?

I'm just a little confused.... :wtf:
I just seen the thing with Kanye, its been all over other sites.
He said something along the lines of President Bush hates black people but I got what he said word for word:
"I hate the way they portray us in the media. We see a black family that says they're looting. We see a white family that says they're looking for food & you know it's been five days because most of the people are black & even for me to complain about I would be a hyprocrite because I try to turn away from the TV because it's too hard to watch. I've even been shopping before even giving a donation, so now I'm calling my business manager right now to see what's the biggest amount that I can give. And just to imagine if I was down there, those are my people down there, so anybody out there that wants to do anything with the setup the way America is setup to help the poor, the black people, the less well off as slow as possible. I mean the Red Cross is doing everything they can. We already realize that a lot of the people that can help are at war right now fighting another way and they've given them permission to go down & shoot us."

and then Mike Myers spoke and then Kanye said bush hates black people. They are even selling shirts on ebay with that on it.

Darkdale
September 4th, 2005, 08:01 AM
I watched the footage when the man for the National Black Caucus spoke...on Larry King I think. He said it had nothing to do with race and that economic means were more to blame as to why certian people were left in NOLA.

No, I was watching the press conference earlier in the day. I think they are realizing that if they don't want a serious, violent backlash, they are going to have to tone down their rhetoric. I watched a lot of these guys backstepping last night.

MoonIsis
September 4th, 2005, 11:39 AM
"slow response" on race and poverty. That our government is racist or hates the poor and they aren't doing their best. People are risking their lives! People are donating money, gas, generators. The country is COMING TO YOUR AID and you want to play racial politics? In my opinion, these people on television right now (CBC) are not my countrymen. I am so disgusted right now, I don't... I'm just at a loss for words. I'm just embarrassed, disgusted, angry... I've never been so angry... These aren't my people. If they are Americans, I am embarrassed to be one. My optimism that this event would bring out the best and we would remember the best is gone. I’ll remember the looters, the snipers shooting at hospital workers as they try to rescue babies and pregnant women from a New Orleans hospital, the thugs marching the streets with Machine Guns and the Black Leadership in this country blaming the slow response on racism. These people are just grotesque, bizarre… Ungrateful… Am I the only one who is outraged over this?

They say that we are all racist but look who always is the first to start screaming racism. :nonono: They are gonna get a lot of people angry if they keep up their crap.