PDA

View Full Version : Sick article!!!

MercysFallen
September 2nd, 2005, 10:33 PM
New Orleans Residents: God's Mercy Evident in Katrina's Wake

By Jody Brown and Allie Martin
September 2, 2005

(AgapePress) - Two Christian leaders in New Orleans are testifying to God's mercy in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. One suggests that the death toll could have been much higher had it not been for God's mercy -- and the other that God may have used the hurricane to purge wickedness from the city.

[clipped for fair use violation]

Teresa
September 2nd, 2005, 10:35 PM
I wish I could ask them how dead babies would be considered wicked but I am sure they would come up with a wacked excuse like the "Sins of the Father" type thing.

Shanti
September 2nd, 2005, 10:39 PM
Its sick and...its really just pure stupidity. (my opinion)
If they want to worship and follow a god that kills babies for his cause...hey they can.

Shame they cant look at this warped thinking for what it is..warped.

SilverMaiden
September 2nd, 2005, 10:41 PM
It was only a matter of time before religious headcases got their angle in.

Me personally, I believe "God" created a living a planet and told mankind they would have to live and survive on it with Nature. When things like this happens, "God" watches to see who has compassion and humanity to help others and who blathers like an idiot to further their own place in heaven or their own personal ego. "God" is not stupid, no matter how many religious freaks think he/she is.

Lewen
September 2nd, 2005, 10:42 PM
Well....my only question to that last fella would be this....if God's hand wiped out and purged the sin from the city to make it "clean" again....how come he (God) didn't purge those damned looters that shot at the very "hand" that tried to rescue and help them?

Spare the babies and give up the looters!
*retreats back to her corner again*

Willow Rosette
September 2nd, 2005, 10:45 PM
pathetic just pathetic that these sick people could use human suffering in such a way.

Sea-Witch
September 3rd, 2005, 08:39 AM
*sigh*

RAVYN DRAG-ATHAIR
September 3rd, 2005, 08:45 AM
I agree that is totally absurd that people actually think that way

bbnflpn
September 3rd, 2005, 08:50 AM
such ignorance, in light of recent events that have been known as natural disasters. i have heard alot of talk about "gods Wrath". you cant help mother nature if she is angrery i dont think it is because of the people in that area. i am sick of people using god as an excuse for these things. when the sunami happend my christan co-worker (who only listens to gospel stations) heard that it was caused by the US testing nucular bombs under the water and swore up and down that we were at fault. we had to set him streight on that one real quick. unfortunatly his mind has been clouded by his love of god and it seems that there is nothing else in his life and every thing else that has nothing to do with god or jesus is totaly wrong. it is frusterating. i am so glad that i dont have to work with him any more

TaysatWesir
September 3rd, 2005, 09:08 AM
:goodgrief

DianaStormDancer
September 3rd, 2005, 09:21 AM
It is beyond me the way some peoples minds work!:thumbsdow

Koehnae
September 3rd, 2005, 09:55 AM
SilverMaiden
It was only a matter of time before religious headcases got their angle in.

Me personally, I believe "God" created a living a planet and told mankind they would have to live and survive on it with Nature. When things like this happens, "God" watches to see who has compassion and humanity to help others and who blathers like an idiot to further their own place in heaven or their own personal ego. "God" is not stupid, no matter how many religious freaks think he/she is.

I agree... it was only a matter of time. Actions will speak louder than words to any of our gods when it comes to a time like this.

Lewen

Well....my only question to that last fella would be this....if God's hand wiped out and purged the sin from the city to make it "clean" again....how come he (God) didn't purge those damned looters that shot at the very "hand" that tried to rescue and help them?

Spare the babies and give up the looters!
*retreats back to her corner again*

The funny thing about these kind of fellas is that they find a way to conveniently see only what fits their ideas. Religious tunnel vision is a very powerful tool.

Cynyr
September 3rd, 2005, 12:41 PM
Well, God didn't spare Chuck Kelley, did He? Hump!! So, Chuck Kelley must be a terrible sinner. Typical fundamentalist mentality. You just have to pity people that hold so strong to superstitious fear like this. The human race cannot advance with minds like his.

Cynyr
September 3rd, 2005, 12:47 PM
I wish I could ask them how dead babies would be considered wicked but I am sure they would come up with a wacked excuse like the "Sins of the Father" type thing.

Even God has collateral damage. (My Opinion based on Chuck Kelley's outburst)
:fpatricks

Cynyr
September 3rd, 2005, 12:50 PM
I agree that is totally absurd that people actually think that way

NO CAPS MAN, NO CAPS, MOL WILL SMITE YOU.

pawnman
September 3rd, 2005, 12:56 PM
Just wait for it. The same people who said 9-11 was God's punishment for America accepting gays, and God sent the tsunami to punish "Godless heathens" in Asia will soon join the bandwagon.

Severan
September 3rd, 2005, 03:34 PM
When G-d took out Sodom he removed Lot and his family first. The hebrews were immune from the plagues in egypt as well despite the chaos around them. The Fundies will preach of a "new and improved god since the coming of Jesus" but then claim these natural disasters are straight from old testament times. The thing to understand above all..is in the Torah when G-d did these things...His people were either shielded or removed prior to judgement. So the fundie pastor forgot to add that part. Its actually typical of the self righteous fundies with an ability to speak..but keep in mind...its nothing new

Tom Bombadil
September 3rd, 2005, 04:23 PM
But the seminary leader says he is able to discern God's hand in the situation.

"Imagine what would have happened if [New Orleans] had taken a direct hit," he tells BP. "The levee did not break until after the storm was clear and the winds had died down and the rescue workers were able to get out." Had the levee given way during the hurricane, he says, "untold thousands of people" would have been killed.

There is the hand of God, indeed. Preacher-man should have stopped while he was ahead.

Agaliha
September 3rd, 2005, 04:56 PM
:goodgrief

I second that.
I don't believe in any God or Diety that would punish anyone based on who and what they are and where they live. It's sad people actually think like that.

PaganLibrarian
September 3rd, 2005, 05:11 PM
I can understand the man who said "It could have been worse, except for God". In truth, it could have been a lot worse. Why it was not is, of course, up to your own interpretation. The man who is claiming God's wrath is just a bozo.

HeavensHope
September 3rd, 2005, 06:27 PM
I knew someone would eventually bring up God, blame it on God. Silly people.This isnt God's work, it's just nature, these things will happen when they will, rather or not people exist in this world.

My theory is that it's the result of man. I could be wrong, but I feel that everything in nature is interconnected. What we put back into the world the atmosphere, affects alot of things, which lead to a chain of events that causes our own distruction. It's just a theory,I'm not saying the hurricane is our fault or anything.

Isil Darkmoon
September 4th, 2005, 11:31 PM
ADMIN MODE:

please review MW's FAIR USE (http://www.mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=12340) policy.

You can link to the rest of the article, but complete articles cannot be reproduced on MW without express permission.