PDA

View Full Version : Jabbor Gibson saves 100 people & accused of looting!

jcldragon
September 3rd, 2005, 07:56 PM
About 100 people packed into the stolen bus. They were the first to enter the Houston Astrodome, but they weren't exactly welcomed.

The big yellow school bus wasn't expected or approved to pass through the stadium's gates. Randy Nathan, who was on the bus, said they were desperate to get out of town.

"If it werent for him right there," he said, "we'd still be in New Orleans underwater. He got the bus for us."

Eighteen-year-old Jabbor Gibson jumped aboard the bus as it sat abandoned on a street in New Orleans and took control.

"I just took the bus and drove all the way here...seven hours straight,' Gibson admitted. "I hadn't ever drove a bus."

http://www.newschannel5.tv/2005/9/1/4255/Taking-refuge-in-the-Astrodome (http://www.newschannel5.tv/2005/9/1/4255/Taking-refuge-in-the-Astrodome)

Starry Di
September 3rd, 2005, 08:10 PM
Thank god he took it! But do you happen to have a write out of the article, please? :$ I don't like to watch streaming videos from the net and I don't like watching videos from the net on my computer *period* :$

jcldragon
September 3rd, 2005, 08:25 PM
I've got a very old iMac G3, running OS 9.2. There are lots of things I can't watch on the net any more without upgrading to a new computer. I read the article & haven't looked at the video.

This is a developing story. I think we should follow it. If they actually arrest & attempt to prosecute this hero, I think we have to help him out. Previously I've dimissed the charges of racism that are going around, thinking that people just hate the poor. Now I'm not so sure...

Spera
September 3rd, 2005, 08:55 PM
God Bless him.

jcldragon
September 3rd, 2005, 09:08 PM
The email addy of the reporter : jenny@krgv.com

BeachWitch
September 3rd, 2005, 09:48 PM
Sixty legally chartered buses were expected to arrive in Houston throughout the night. Thousands of people will be calling the Astrodome "home," at least for now.

SIXTY??? SIXTY??? Are you ****ing kidding me???? There are over 25,000 people in the Superdome and they only have 60 buses?

Right, this isn't about race at all. Nope, not one bit.

Isil Darkmoon
September 4th, 2005, 07:19 AM
SIXTY??? SIXTY??? Are you Loveing kidding me???? There are over 25,000 people in the Superdome and they only have 60 buses?

Right, this isn't about race at all. Nope, not one bit.

Sixty was not the total number of busses expected. It was what the Astrodome was expecting to have arrive as the FIRST WAVE of the evacuation, the first night that it was opened. Many more busses than this have come and gone since then. 60 was just the first round.