PDA

View Full Version : Troops begin combat operations in New Orleans

jcldragon
September 3rd, 2005, 10:36 PM
By Joseph R. Chenelly
Times staff writer

NEW ORLEANS — Combat operations are underway on the streets “to take this city back” in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

“This place is going to look like Little Somalia,” Brig. Gen. Gary Jones, commander of the Louisiana National Guard’s Joint Task Force told Army Times Friday as hundreds of armed troops under his charge prepared to launch a massive citywide security mission from a staging area outside the Louisiana Superdome. “We’re going to go out and take this city back. This will be a combat operation to get this city under control.”

http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-1077495.php (http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-1077495.php)

Exloration_La
September 3rd, 2005, 11:33 PM
they came down there because ASUPOSEDLY the city was taken over, and they came in there with guns when really there is mostly people in need of food and help. While the media portrays mass civil disorder A CNN reporter contradicts that by saying explicitly things like it's the VASY minority doing crimes other then trying to get some bread to survive, and MSNBC reporter said I'm standing right here reporting seeing all these people crying out for help while supposedly me as a news reporter can stand here just fine yet it's to "dangerous to bring in food and water!!!????

The troops are brought in from Iraq, and from some of the video I've seen they where shooting what looking like unarmed citizens running fast as they could but those helicopters had EXTREME accuracy and no matter how fast they scattered and ran all of them where shoot dead in that particular video clip. The weapons the US government has even the ones that the public are aware of cannot be even touched by any weapon the citizens in America could obtain. Computerized mounted guns on helicopters do AMAZING things from what I’ve seem. Even if they did have m16's it would be as if they had sling shots compared to the technology the military has. Of course they would really use a few criminals APPEAR to get out of hand to use them as a Pawn to justify going in there and really taking out people in new Orleans they don't really value any ways.

The troops from Iraq are trained to be hard and definitely will play hard ball unlike maybe what cops have been trained to do will fire without hesitation I'm sure. I don't believe things are as out of hand that we need to use military force on our fellow Americans.

Maybe there will be some true criminals that might get shot, but military from Iraq will not be very discriminating and I'm sure many more innocent people will be shoot.

I think allot of what is SUPOSEDLY going on is a sham.

Isil Darkmoon
September 4th, 2005, 07:25 AM
While the media portrays mass civil disorder A CNN reporter contradicts that by saying explicitly things like it's the VASY minority doing crimes other then trying to get some bread to survive, and MSNBC reporter said .......

The troops are brought in from Iraq, and from some of the video I've seen they where shooting what looking like unarmed citizens running fast as they could but those helicopters had EXTREME accuracy and no matter how fast they scattered and ran all of them where shoot dead in that particular video clip. .... Of course they would really use a few criminals APPEAR to get out of hand to use them as a Pawn to justify going in there and really taking out people in new Orleans they don't really value any ways. ...

I think allot of what is SUPOSEDLY going on is a sham.

........CNN and MSNCB *are* the media, or a large part of it. They're two of the biggest news networks in the country. They have NEVER been saying it's the vast majority causing chaos, but that there has been enough to be a real issue. What "media" are you talking about that's painting such a different picture?

The vast majority of the troops being brought in are NOT from Iraq. Yes, troops are being recalled, and ones with family in teh affected areas are being allowed to go on leave to tend to their loved ones. But most of the troops that have entered the city were ones that have been stateside since the beginning. The next troops expected in the city, for example, are from Army's 82nd Airborne from Fort Bragg, North Carolina, 1st Cavalry Division from Fort Hood, Texas, and the Marines' 1st and 2nd Expeditionary forces from Camp Pendleton, California, and Camp Lejeune, North Carolina--all U.S. bases.

I'd really like to see this "helicopter slaughter" footage of yours, by the way, since you seem to have access to this material that no one else seems to. I'd like to see it myself, and know exactly where it's coming from, because out of the vast number of sources I've been tracking, not a one has had any such thing even mentioned, so please, share your 'inside scoop' so we can see for ourselves.

And you do know that any military participating in such an activity would be facing an immediate court martial? General Honore, who has been overseeing the entire situation, has multiple times impressed upon the troops under his command to operate with weapons lowered, not raised at the ready on the refugeess, and expressly reminded them that "this is NOT Iraq" and they are here to protect, not kill.