PDA

View Full Version : ADD Support Group

WickedBttrfly
September 5th, 2005, 09:49 PM
Okay, I meant to do this before now, but I kept forgetting lol. Freyja's ADD Humor thread reminded me.

I see a lot of other members with ADD, and I thought it would be cool to have a thread to share problems, funny stories, advice, etc. Well, if you can remember it lol. Because let's face it - We need all the help we can get. ;)

Hmmm... how should I start off?

My name is Bonnie and I was diagnosed with ADD in May(?) of this year.

I was cleaning my bedroom yesterday and my mom had to come by and check on me five times and remind me what I was doing because I kept getting distracted. Two times I was reading a book I was supposed to be putting up (2 different books lol), one time I had thought of something I wanted to add to my tattoo and went to draw it in a notebook and lost track, and I forgot what I was doing the other two times.

This is only one example out of a zillion. Some are a whole lot worse that I am too embarassed to mention yet. :twitch:

Derwin
September 6th, 2005, 12:37 AM
Lots of meditation has really helped my ADD. I found ADD drugs do not help much in the long term.

RowanMegaera
September 8th, 2005, 10:45 AM
I'm such an ADD goober. I'm always getting distracted in the middle of things. It's gotten to the point where when I am driving my daughter asks me sometimes if I am wandering when she realizes we've missed wherever it was we were supposed to be going.

However, my ADD has made me pathological about being on-time for things. I always leave at least an hour early and take a book so I know I won't be late for an appointment or function.

lilyavalon
September 26th, 2005, 03:29 PM
I am ADHD, and have been since elementary school. I used to be on ritalin and i (at a young age) hated it. I didn't like how I felt on it.

I have been recently been looking at taking ADDERALL... but then, I would need a job that supports their work force by actually giving them health care...

I've thought of doing meditation... but i cant sit down and actually settle to get it done. (yeah... i know thats my problem.) :shaker:

Keep in touch my ADD family!!

LOL

Lady Lily

WickedBttrfly
July 1st, 2008, 10:02 PM
.......And this is why someone with ADD maybe shouldn't have started an ADD Support thread to begin with. :rollingla

WickedBttrfly
July 1st, 2008, 10:10 PM
A link for you. I like the part at the end.

link (http://user.cybrzn.com/~kenyonck/add/that's_add.htm#What%20is%20ADD)

Lunacie
July 2nd, 2008, 09:45 AM
A link for you. I like the part at the end.

link (http://user.cybrzn.com/~kenyonck/add/that's_add.htm#What%20is%20ADD)

Ah, that's a good one. And different from the one where you explain that you're in a room with a tv set going in one corner, a radio going in another corner, folks playing a card game in another corner, a couple of people talking on their cell phones so you only hear half of each conversation, and someone asks you a question - while at the same time you may be distracted by a bird that just landed on a branch outside the window, and by the tag in the neck of your shirt scratching your skin, and the itching of the mosquito bite on your ankle, and the glasses that keep sliding down your nose so you have to keep pushing them up, and the commercial on the tv reminds you that you haven't had lunch yet, and you start to wonder whether you'd rather have a burger or submarine sandwich, and uh-oh did you remember to feed the cat this morning, and did you change the litter box yesterday or the day before... and uh sorry, did you just ask me a question...?

I drop in over at www.addforums.com (http://www.addforums.com) every so often just to remember that I'm not the only one who has a medical reason (not an excuse) for being so scatterbrained. There have actually been medical tests done that show a difference in the pattern of brain activity between neurotypical people and people who have ADD or ADHD. An awful lot of the threads there are discussions on the various medications and the side effects, but there are some interesting threads as well. I don't/can't take meds for this, I've been using Omega3 (fish oil capsules) for over 4 years and when I run out or forget to take them it's downright scary to realize that I lived most of my life that way.

bellamandu
July 2nd, 2008, 09:47 AM
since when was add a problem? i just always thought it made me interesting to hang out with... :uhhuhuh:

but then add of the hyperactivity and being bi-polar...

well, thats an interesting day at the mall to say the least! 8O

WickedBttrfly
July 2nd, 2008, 09:49 PM
I never said it wasn't interesting, :hehehehe:.

I have been on Strattera before, and it helped a little, but I kept forgetting to take my medicine. :weirdsmil
The doc didn't want to prescribe anything else because they were stimulants and I have trouble getting to sleep as it is.

Does anyone else have OCD tendencies as well?