PDA

View Full Version : Pentagram in the eye of the storm?

WildChild
September 6th, 2005, 02:20 AM
I've been watching MSNBC's news coverage of Katrina. One thing that I've noticed (it's hard to miss!) is the star/pentagram in the eye of their hurricane graphic. Have any of you noticed it?

I searched on the internet for pictures, and this is what I found. These are pictures of Ivan, Isabel, Katrina and Dennis. The Katrina picture isn't as good as the one on MSNBC, and the Dennis picture is very poor. If I can find something better, I'll post them. I just thought it was kind of an interesting phenomenon... :fpeek:

LadyCelt
September 6th, 2005, 02:33 AM
I don't see a pentagram but whateer it is, it looks freaky and bad

bbnflpn
September 6th, 2005, 02:33 AM
i can belive it. since pentagrams occur naturaly it would be possible to have a storm make one. there is a pentagram drawn by mars every 4 years in the sky above us, and that is what signaled the greeks to have the olyimpics and that is why they are every 4 years. if you cut an apple in half there is one made by the seeds. there is a web page http://goldennumber.net/ (http://goldennumber.net/) that explains it but i dont understand it.

WildChild
September 6th, 2005, 02:44 AM
Yeah, it seems to be a natural occurrence in hurricanes, for some reason. I'm sure that meteorologists can explain it, but I'm certainly not a meteorologist!

And LadyCelt, you'll have to click on the pictures to enlarge them (if you didn't already). :)

halfwaynowhere
September 6th, 2005, 03:05 AM
the pentagram occurs in nature all the time, its one of the reasons i refuse to believe that everything was random... there are too many patterns... i don't see this as a sign, its just how these things are... think about it... nature made the pentagram long before we started using it... it has strong symbolism because of its occurances in nature.. although i believe it was venus that traces the shape of the pentagram, not mars... at least, thats what it said in the DaVinci Code, but thats just fiction, and i'm too lazy to fact-check..

bbnflpn
September 6th, 2005, 03:21 AM
i knew it was one of those planets. i belive we use the pentagram because it is a strong natrual reoccuring theme in our world.

WildChild
September 6th, 2005, 03:33 AM
If anything, I view this as a reminder that Mother Nature is both cruel and kind. I think too many of us focus only on the sweet parts of nature-- the trees and flowers, the rainbows and the puppy dogs-- but She's also the mother lion defending her cubs, the volcano that destroys the old to create the new, and of course, the power and fury of the hurricane. It's neither good nor evil... it just is.

LadyCelt
September 6th, 2005, 04:17 AM
I see a circle but not really a star inside. Maybe I'd have to zoom it even more than the links, that or I"m tired. But, I take everyone's word on it.

bbnflpn
September 6th, 2005, 05:54 AM
its there, but it is kind of deformed.

mcc
September 6th, 2005, 06:10 AM
I saw this a few times in the MW recent post listings, not realizing it was attached to the Katrina subforum. On the recent post listings it appears as "Pentagram in the eye of the..."

Every time I saw this, I assumed the full title was "Pentagram in the eye of the beholder"

Now that I've read the thread, I still like my title better

SnowyMoon
September 6th, 2005, 06:36 AM
I agree that the symbol appears frequently in nature and in space. I thought it was Venus that traced the star in the sky. I agree that there do appear to be patterns (and the math and numerology underneath them). It does appear to be somewhat like a pentacle to me, but deformed a bit or missing a part here and there. Interesting.