PDA

View Full Version : 'Hurricane Homosexuals Faults'

Findarto
September 6th, 2005, 10:25 PM
(New Orleans, Louisiana) An evangelical Christian group that regularly demonstrates at LGBT events is blaming gays for hurricane Katrina.

Repent America says that God "destroyed" New Orleans because of Southern Decadence, the gay festival that was to have taken place in the city over the Labor Day weekend.

"Southern Decadence" has a history of filling the French Quarters section of the city with drunken homosexuals engaging in sex acts in the public streets and bars" Repent America director Michael Marcavage said in a statement Wednesday.

"Although the loss of lives is deeply saddening, this act of God destroyed a wicked city." Marcavage said. "From ‘Girls Gone Wild’ to ‘Southern Decadence’, New Orleans was a city that had its doors wide open to the public celebration of sin. May it never be the same."

"Let us pray for those ravaged by this disaster. However, we must not forget that the citizens of New Orleans tolerated and welcomed the wickedness in their city for so long," Marcavage said.

"May this act of God cause us all to think about what we tolerate in our city limits, and bring us trembling before the throne of Almighty God," Marcavage concluded.

Full Article: http://www.365gay.com/newscon05/08/083105nola.htm (http://www.365gay.com/newscon05/08/083105nola.htm)

jetzige
September 6th, 2005, 10:33 PM
This will all be in the New New Testament, of course.

Penthesilea
September 6th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Full Article: http://www.365gay.com/newscon05/08/083105nola.htm (http://www.365gay.com/newscon05/08/083105nola.htm)

*Quietly beats head against wall.....*

Findarto
September 6th, 2005, 10:38 PM
*Quietly beats head against wall.....*
*Secretly helps* Jk.

I just finished reading the part about their case being dismissed.

WynterWynd
September 6th, 2005, 11:18 PM
:jawdrop:

http://www.emotipad.com/newemoticons/Bang-Head.gif

bbnflpn
September 6th, 2005, 11:28 PM
these evanglicists really are getting to me i sware. blame every thing on what htey dont want to see or understand thats the way it goes some times i guess. i really hope those people get a clue

Pesha
September 6th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Ok... and whose god would this be. The one of the narrow minded, closed in stupidity people??? Sheesh!

BB
Ds.

paygun
September 6th, 2005, 11:43 PM
i really hope those people get a clue

I don't. These people are going to keep saying ignorant things until no one listens anymore and everyone equates fundamentalist Christianity with mental illness. As long as they keep getting dumber we're getting closer to not having to hear it anymore.

So in a way it's good news. Hopefully next they'll say that cancer is caused by not going to the right church.

ps - I've started to use this technique myself. When I go to Burger King and they forget to put cheese on my Whopper I tell them they'll be SMITED BY GOD.

RedRaven
September 6th, 2005, 11:45 PM
ok, new orleans can be destroyed for what they do as long as in the midwest crazy evangelicals keep getting their houses and towns destroyed by tornados

HeavensHope
September 6th, 2005, 11:49 PM
I highly doubt hurricanes care if your gay or not. For people who preach about 'goodness' 'morals' and 'purity' they sure arent presenting a good picture of God. They make it seems as if God is a murderous, vengeful, hateful, heartless, merciless being.

indebted
September 6th, 2005, 11:52 PM
This is just crap...plain, ignorant crap...

Just like blaming Bush for it.

FaeryChild
September 6th, 2005, 11:53 PM
Evangelists really need to get a life. A natural tragedy happens and they're pointing fingers.

The sad (and personally ironic) thing is that I was just talking to my friends last week about how I thought some Fundamentalist was probably going to be wetting himself (in excitement) over how the "wrath of God" had finally come down on this "evil city".

They have suddenly become so predictable (well perhaps not suddenly).

paygun
September 7th, 2005, 12:01 AM
It's really frustrating to have to listen to it but they can't really help it after they get too far gone. They have to explain somehow why God would allow this sort of terrible thing to happen. Things get goofy quick when everything is black and white.

I read today on another board that the French Quarter is mostly intact which means that God has a terrible targeting system. He needs to upgrade.

Jenne
September 7th, 2005, 12:07 AM
What a buncha dawgs. Meh.

Childof_theMorrigan
September 7th, 2005, 12:22 AM
:atantrum: :bastard:

bbnflpn
September 7th, 2005, 03:14 AM
hmm let me think on that a bit. evangelcists = insane people. i thought that was already the case. i guess i can let it go a bit farther.

mcc
September 7th, 2005, 03:21 AM
This is just crap...plain, ignorant crap...

Just like blaming Bush for it.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

WynterWynd
September 7th, 2005, 04:20 AM
Well, if the bill passes for gay marrige in California and the the 'big one' hits....they can just blame 'that damn Hollywood actor'....and of couse, those homosexuals......

:rolleyes:

BlueMoon13
September 7th, 2005, 12:37 PM
What a bunch of crap-like there are'nt gays in Kansas,Colorado,and so on. Also, while they're at it,why not blame straight "immorality" and profligancy in New Orleans as well, there was planty of that,too....what a bunch of crotch obessesed nimbobs...........

frigga
September 7th, 2005, 12:47 PM
I read things like that, and actually hear the local churches here preaching about them, and I just close my eyes and wish it was all a joke. I guess some people will blame anything or anyone to escape thier own responsiblities, actions, or inactions, even if it is a natually occuring phenomenom. Good lord they piss me off!!! :bastard:

LadyCelt
September 7th, 2005, 12:52 PM
As a Chrsitian, they are to love thy neighboor as themselves and treat others as they wish to be treated. I prefer praying daily over this crud.

People need to put the Christ back into Christianity.

And, sin is EVERYWHERE. I'm wondering if a earthquake hit San Francisco if they'd say the same or anywhere in California it would be due to legal marriage for gays being considered. Everywhere sins. And, God views sin as a sin. I doubt none of them have lied or sinned iwth their eyes either.

Jenne
September 7th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Well, if the bill passes for gay marrige in California and the the 'big one' hits....they can just blame 'that damn Hollywood actor'....and of couse, those homosexuals......

:rolleyes:

IF, that is, Schwarzenegger signs off on it...sounds like he may chump out. Like he has on a lot of things lately.:razz:

Pentangling_57
September 7th, 2005, 01:13 PM
*bangs head on the desk* But what would possess them to even think that? It makes me angry, but then another part of me says, "Oh well, what did you expect?" And -that's- what really makes me angry. That I have come to expect that there are people out there who can see:

[insert people you don't like here, existing] + [a disaster] = hey because of ______, _____ happened because... uhm.... well obviously because God hates ____, right?! Right!

The fact that people claiming that that was true AND that it would seem almost commonplace to me that those are the actions they would take.... You can't just shovel around blame like that. I'm sick of people pointing fingers when it really wasn't anyones fault.
~Penty

stella01904
September 7th, 2005, 01:14 PM
I read today on another board that the French Quarter is mostly intact which means that God has a terrible targeting system. He needs to upgrade.MM ~ Harry Connick said on NBC yesterday that not only is it mostly intact, there is a bar open and people drinking in it. Praise Bacchus, hallelujah. I hope it's a gay bar.
BB, Stella

LostSheep
September 7th, 2005, 01:23 PM
It's really frustrating to have to listen to it but they can't really help it after they get too far gone. They have to explain somehow why God would allow this sort of terrible thing to happen. Things get goofy quick when everything is black and white.

Heh ... yeah. How could their God allow this to happen? Quick, find a scapegoat ... course, for these people the New Testament didn't happen, did it? They can hardly be called Christians... they still inhabit a world of Sodom and Gomorrah, with their vengeful, wrathful God.

innocent
September 7th, 2005, 01:31 PM
I read today on another board that the French Quarter is mostly intact which means that God has a terrible targeting system. He needs to upgrade.

Lol. So sadly true... I was just sitting here pondering how people could point fingers like that, If God really wanted to wipe out the homosexuals, wouldn't he just pull like another angel of death with the first borns type thing only have a profit say hang a gay pride banner over your door.... It just seems that unless it is so blatantly black an white like the 7 plagues were, how can you point fingers? And even then, it is far to unchristian to point fingers, people have suffered enough. I know it's cliche, but for every finger you point, there are three pointing back at you.

yarrow_elfglow
September 7th, 2005, 01:35 PM
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :bangyourh :bangyourh :bangyourh

Rowan MoonDragon
September 7th, 2005, 02:02 PM
I really shouldn't be, but I'm shocked. I just dont get it. Stupid, ignorant people.

WitchCraftWeaver
September 7th, 2005, 03:28 PM
I really shouldn't be, but I'm shocked. I just dont get it. Stupid, ignorant people.

I'm shocked as well. When Andrew hit Fla. The people on AOL were actually saying it was "God's revenge because they elected George W. Bush to office". Can you BELIEVE it?

It never ceases to amaze me how many truly narrow minded people there ARE in this world.... :bangyourh

BlueMoon13
September 7th, 2005, 04:13 PM
MM ~ Harry Connick said on NBC yesterday that not only is it mostly intact, there is a bar open and people drinking in it. Praise Bacchus, hallelujah. I hope it's a gay bar.
BB, Stella
Bwhahahahaha! :bubbles:

PropheticMonkey
September 7th, 2005, 04:21 PM
.....*brain snaps*Ok kids! Lets match natural/human disasters with their heathen country/state and explain WHY they happend shall we?

Genocide in Darfur happened BECAUSE they dont speak English

The tsunami happened BECAUSE they dont believe in Jesus

The Challanger shuttle exploded BECAUSE it wasnt blessed by an annointed Protestant priest

Tornados happen BECAUSE people stray away from Jesus's teachings

Dissease and plague and all sorts of rape and abuse and hurt and pain happens BECAUSE Jews havnt accepted Jesus

I dont mean to sound really really really pissed off but well to be honest i am. A message to that slime ridden pig who calls himself a man of god: WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE???!!! Not only is it enough to calim that you KNOW what God is thinking and planning at every moment of every day, bout you have the gall to try and force everyone else around you to believe it too. You cheapen the aspect of any sort of divine presence in anything with your egocentrical and chauvinist ranting and raving. You are a liar and a fake who tarnishes the very notion of believing in a higher order with your filth . Go back to your own planet and leave the good people of Earth alone you facist loving pig.

*breathes*

OK im done. I dont mean to put such anger into this post but people like that to me eat away at the authenticity and legitimacy of good, spiritual religons. It makes me :sick:

BlueMoon13
September 7th, 2005, 04:26 PM
:thewave:

WynterWynd
September 7th, 2005, 05:18 PM
IF, that is, Schwarzenegger signs off on it...sounds like he may chump out. Like he has on a lot of things lately.:razz:

He's just a chump anyway:dis:

Silvan
September 7th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Full Article: http://www.365gay.com/newscon05/08/083105nola.htm (http://www.365gay.com/newscon05/08/083105nola.htm)I'm not surprised. What I am surprised about is that nobody is blaiming Al Qaeda for this. Or have I just missed that part?

Old Witch
September 7th, 2005, 06:09 PM
And Nostradamus predicted all this a thousand years ago...

equinox2
September 7th, 2005, 06:46 PM
I expected a lot of "this is the will of God" stuff, but I've heard even more than I expected! I just came across this too:

Birmingham, Alabama September 7, 2005 -- The Universist Movement is raising concern with the overwhelming opinion of Christian leaders on the destruction of New Orleans. A variety of mainstream Christian voices ranging from the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary to the Archdiocese of New Orleans are united in the belief that Hurricane Katrina was the will of God. Russell Moore, Dean of Southern Seminary, interpreted the Hurricane as part of God's curse of Eden and cited ominous words from Revelations that proclaim "nothing unclean will ever enter [Heaven]." "The hope," Moore wrote, "is for Biloxi, Miss., and all of the created universe, to be redeemed and restored in Christ. There will come a day when the curse is reversed, and the Gulf Coast along with the entire cosmos fully reflects the glory of a resurrected Messiah." New Orleans Archbishop Alfred C. Hughes has said "I'm convinced that God is going to purify us through this."

The Universist Movement has conducted a wide-ranging survey of sermons delivered on Sunday, September 4, 2005. The survey reveals a pervasive consensus of opinion across the breadth of Christendom. A few examples from among the hundreds of sermons striking similar notes follow:

Mark Chanski, Reformed Baptist Church, Holland, Michigan:
"I believe that there is a message from God brought to light in every dark providence" Chanski told his church. This disaster represents "the blast of God's judgment against sin." Chanski cited the Southern Decadence Festival as an example of New Orleans' sin. "The trumpets of God that are sounded throughout history are warning blasts, birth pangs about the arrival of the final ultimate birth and letting out of the wrath of God. Birth pangs are present here."

(That's from right here in Michigan... creepy....)

I guess I have little to say other than :atantrum:

Ron
September 7th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Maybe Katrina was sent to get them, eh?

abrakus
September 7th, 2005, 06:53 PM
I've had enough of people blaming these disaters on the gay community or religion or just because a group of people dare to beg to differ! Its called nature! HELLO! We have no control over what nature does! I hate bigots! Well not hate I just don't like them that much, Whats the point in being homophobic, sexist, racist and whatever else is out there to offend someone or put them in a catorgary. A huge diaster has just happened and instead of helping out their arguing and blaming someone else for something there is no control over. *throws hands in the air* Ok rant over.

Ron
September 7th, 2005, 06:54 PM
OO and one more thing. I am disgusted that I share the same last name as the <Catholic-whatever> of <some-place>. I do think that xe should have xer changed.

Penthesilea
September 7th, 2005, 09:24 PM
*sighs..* I suppose that if you accept a teaching that everything is God's Will and then something like Katrina happens, you have to justify it somehow or face the fact that a.) you could be wrong or B.) your God is a vicious beast not worthy of worship. Given those choices, most people will chose justification no matter how inane they end up sounding.

I wonder if anyone will dare preach such sermons to the survivors......

ShamanFeather
September 7th, 2005, 09:49 PM
Gee, I thought they would blame it on all the tradition healers in the area and amt of sin in the area in general.

Rayzer
September 7th, 2005, 10:04 PM
*Repeatedly slams his head against a brick wall*

PropheticMonkey
September 7th, 2005, 10:06 PM
*follows in Rayzer's suit"

I wish they did. But then again that would be too general. There always has to be a specific group on the recieving end of their sac-religous ranting. and of course the more backlash the better because everyone loves a heated unfriendly and possibly violent "debate"

stella01904
September 8th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Gee, I thought they would blame it on all the tradition healers in the area and amt of sin in the area in general.MM ~ Or the African Diaspora religions, or the offerings at Marie Laveaux's grave, or Mardi Gras, or the legacy of Storyville or Blaze Starr.... and while New Orleans has a thriving gay scene, I don't think it was a major mecca for gay people the way Provincetown, MA is. Oh, well, fundies aren't known for clear thinking.
BB, Stella