PDA

View Full Version : Time Magazine Investigates Michael Brown

Xander67
September 9th, 2005, 03:28 PM
I know this will end up in Political, but I thought everyone would want to hear this because it was relavant to current Events...

:foopsies:
WASHINGTON -- The official biography for Michael Brown, the beleaguered head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, contains a discrepancy about his background in emergency management.

:foopsies: :foopsies:

:wtf:

He Lied on his resume??? :foopsies:

Attention Everyone...
This is what happens when you LIE on your RESUME..

They yanked him back to DC from LOUISIANA
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050909/ap_on_go_ot/katrina_brown;_ylt=Aj6AUzs7bIf8HB_2F82fmZus0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ- (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050909/ap_on_go_ot/katrina_brown;_ylt=Aj6AUzs7bIf8HB_2F82fmZus0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-)

I find this quite disturbing to think that an Intern could charm his way into the Lead Position by having the better Resume!!!

Shame on Washington for not verifying his resume before they put him in charge of millions of lives!

Shanti
September 9th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Like I said in the other thread.
These 'assigned' positions are the wrose.
If the gov wants Little Bo Peep assigned to something, they will find a way.

Xander67
September 9th, 2005, 03:51 PM
To think that he honestly did lie on his resume, and was able to get the post... then that is just creepy.

Shanti
September 9th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Lieing in gov related affairs? Such a shock!! ~sarcasm~

Xander67
September 9th, 2005, 03:56 PM
I know

Shanti
September 9th, 2005, 03:57 PM
You know what these resumes are for when it comes to these assigned positions...so there is something on paper that looks good to the outside world incase someone peeks!
Its a front. Thats all.
I heard on the news about some of these assigned positions in the gov. Many of them are held by people that couldnt get a desent blue collar job with their history but they are a friend of someones!!

Doctor Jeep
September 9th, 2005, 05:59 PM
To think that he honestly did lie on his resume, and was able to get the post... then that is just creepy.

Thank Bush for that. Yet another "pal" appointed to a position he wasn't qualified for.

Isil Darkmoon
September 12th, 2005, 12:16 AM
Nope, it'll stay here. We're actually moving threads *from* political to here, if they're at all Katrina-related. You put it in the right place :)

AmericanMe
September 12th, 2005, 09:28 AM
I wonder if Time will also investigate what's in Ray Nagin's and Govenor Blanco's closets.....

Flar's Freyja
September 12th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Thank Bush for that. Yet another "pal" appointed to a position he wasn't qualified for.

That's what I was going to post. I heard on NPR that this is exactly what it was - Bush was fully aware of his resume and that he wasn't qualified.