PDA

View Full Version : Ghost/Shadow video?

LadyTrinity
September 19th, 2005, 01:45 PM
I don't buy this. What do you think??

WATCH THIS GHOST (http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/video/ESPhq.wmv)

Milliscent
September 19th, 2005, 05:31 PM
I don't buy this. What do you think??

WATCH THIS GHOST (http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/video/ESPhq.wmv)

Looks like someone in a long black cloak, and as if they turn around and look at the camera. I kept having to pause it to see the figure, it was so fast. Reminds me of one of those old movies from the twenties and thirties.

Trithemius
September 19th, 2005, 06:46 PM
That's footage from one of last season's episodes of Ghost Hunters, from Eastern State Penitentiary. They tried to duplicate it with a guy in a robe, and couldn't get it to appear the same. Here's what TAPS has to say about it, from their official website:

We went all the way to Good old Philly, PA to visit Eastern State Penitentiary. The place left an impression on us all. We did capture something odd on video. It is a figure of some sort coming toward the camera and then leaving quickly back down the hallway.

We want you to check it out yourself.

Here are some things to consider when watching this. While it does look like someone in a cape, the figure moves with great speed and does not turn to go back down the hallway, also it doesn't bob up and down & it would have to be about 4 feet tall. If someone was messing with us they would have had to have hidden in there all day, and known where all the cameras were and know when to stop right outside of the field of vision of the DVR camera. Everyone who was there that night was out eating dinner together when this footage was captured.

We can't say 100% what it is. But we had other experiences to support this as potential evidence. So, we present it here for you to examine and you can come to your own conclusions. We are on the fence, what about you?

The file is rather large, but it shows three different versions of the clip during the clean up process.

It's listed as Episode 105 on their site.

Link (http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/ghosthuntershome.html)

It's strange, because while it looks like a sped-up video of a person in a robe, the figure is transparent.

LadyTrinity
September 19th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Ya. I can see something white as the guy turns. Shoes maybe? :eyebrow:

LadyTrinity
September 20th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Bump :woot:

stella01904
September 20th, 2005, 10:27 AM
MM ~ I keep getting error messages. He doesn't want me looking....:shift:
BB, Stella

RainDance
September 20th, 2005, 06:11 PM
looks like a guy in a black blanket running around as if he was on fire :lol:

Lady Shalymar
May 9th, 2008, 10:10 AM
I'd never seen this footage before but saw it on a rerun of TAPS last night where they went to Eastern State Penitentiary (sp? lol) again at the request of a 7th grade class. They didn't find anything that time but showed the clip from last time.

Sorry, I like TAPS, I think their efforts to always try and find a logical solution first is cool... but this footage.. I'm not buying it! If you haven't seen it here it is: http://www.castleofspirits.com/Australianghosthunters/tapsmov.wmv
(I've dled the file and had Nortons '08 scan it, it's kosher)

http://www.castleofspirits.com/Australianghosthunters/tapsvid1.jpg
Here's a still of it.

You can clearly see the outline of a figure under a black piece of fabric, and can see a foot peeking out from under the cloth.

According to some a figure ran towards the camera and then ran away from the camera. What I see is a rewound image and then the image played forward of something under the cloth walking down the hall. If you watch the dust particles you can see them moving up and to the right then down and to the left.

I'm a firm believer in the paranormal and was long before I'd ever even heard of TAPS. But I'm not buying this footage. The hopeful in me says it's an apparition that felt the need to "cloth" itself in black, but the more I watch the footage the more I'm convinced it's a hoax. It's from the first season of TAPS and I think they needed some kind of amazing footage for ratings or whatever.

What do y'all think?

clevarian
May 9th, 2008, 10:33 AM
It's from the first season of TAPS and I think they needed some kind of amazing footage for ratings or whatever.

That seems to be the case with most shows like that.

I slowed the tape down and brightened it a bit and it just looks like someone under a cloak or a blanket running off. It also (like everyone else has said) seems like there are shoes visible at the bottom of the supposed 'appirition'. As for TAPS not being able to recreate it, again for the reason of higher ratings, they might've just said that. Just about anything, especially something as elementary as that, can be recreated.

Lady Shalymar
May 9th, 2008, 10:46 AM
That seems to be the case with most shows like that.

I slowed the tape down and brightened it a bit and it just looks like someone under a cloak or a blanket running off. It also (like everyone else has said) seems like there are shoes visible at the bottom of the supposed 'appirition'. As for TAPS not being able to recreate it, again for the reason of higher ratings, they might've just said that. Just about anything, especially something as elementary as that, can be recreated.

What program did you use to do that? I'm currently looking for something I can use to really view the video.

clevarian
May 9th, 2008, 10:53 AM
What program did you use to do that? I'm currently looking for something I can use to really view the video.

The version of Windows Media Player on the computer I'm using has those settings....I think its 10.....

Lady Shalymar
May 9th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Ahh, I found the options but now they aren't working.. boo. Time to play around with it I guess.

Thanks

clevarian
May 9th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Ahh, I found the options but now they aren't working.. boo. Time to play around with it I guess.

Thanks

No problem! :)