PDA

View Full Version : What types of healing methods do you use?

Haerfest Leah
September 24th, 2005, 10:39 AM
I've never considered myself a healer but I guess I am, I like to use aromatherapy, crystals, & my cooking. I also am pretty knowledgeable on nutrition & fitness so I am always available for sound advice in that area.

I have a small interest in chakras and use that with gemstones or yoga positions occasionally, I have never read up on reiki but think I will when I get the chance.

SoulHealer
September 24th, 2005, 11:02 AM
I have studied bach flower remedies and reflexology and I am currently midway through a 4 yr degree course in herbalism (which covers aromantherapy and nutrition as well), I've also knowledge in past lives healing, energy work, crystals, shiatsu,and a few others. (and I've some nurse training)

I also use many different ways to diagnose people

Xirian
September 24th, 2005, 11:24 AM
During earthbound projections I use color therapy. Herbal remedies are also something that I use for healing.

Tanemon
September 24th, 2005, 12:38 PM
I did yoga meditation a couple times a day, faithfully - for many years. I consider it healing, in a sense. It's a combination of therapeutic and growth-promiting (in the "higher potentials" sense). Five years ago I was first attuned to Reiki, which as you probably realize is a Japanese-derived energy-healing method. I use the standard Reiki techniques for hands-on healing, including self-healing. I also experiment with its technique for distance work, which is a particular form of visualization.

Like you, Seapearls, I'm also interested in diet - have been for a long time.

Despite my previous good diet, exercise, and meditation, I used to get three or four colds and flu every year (from coming into contact with people who were suffering from these). In the last 40 months or so, since I got well established in my Reiki work, I've had only one cold - and it didn't last very long. :smile:

Seapearls, I read your personal profile and it says you live in a national forest. Must be a nice place. My home property is within a forest ("Crown land" in the mountains of western Canada).

Namaste :sunny: ,

Tanemon

Astara Seague
September 24th, 2005, 12:49 PM
I use herbs mostly I also use crystals/gems and aromatherapy and sometimes a great listening ear is all that is needed... :caffeine:

Haerfest Leah
September 24th, 2005, 12:55 PM
and sometimes a great listening ear is all that is needed... :caffeine:

Isn't that the truth. :antennae:

SoulHealer
September 24th, 2005, 01:21 PM
I use herbs mostly I also use crystals/gems and aromatherapy and sometimes a great listening ear is all that is needed... :caffeine:

:lol: and I am the exception to that rule.....I wouldn't say the truth for over 10 yrs as I was protecting others and destroying myself in the process. By the time I figured it out I didn't need to talk about it....trust me to be different to everyone else

RedRaven
September 25th, 2005, 02:20 PM
i use usui reiki, karmic reiki and just recently ive been attuned to and working Ra-Sheeba

Rosana
September 30th, 2005, 05:18 AM
Usui Reiki, crystal healing, reflexotherapy, aromatherapy, herbs.
Hmmm... do any of you use elements' energies to heal? I mean, an energy, quite similar to reiki or kundalini (but requiring no attunements), derived from mixed energies of four elements. My husband uses it for a long time and now seeks people who also work with this power. It's quite possible that we won't find anyone, but it's worth a try :)

mtpathy
September 30th, 2005, 05:49 AM
Most the time i dont have to do anything lol,ive lost count of how many times that
complete strangers have sat next to me and just told me there whole life story. i
suppose they just need someone to listen to them,and for the most part i enjoy
listening to them.

Haerfest Leah
September 30th, 2005, 08:57 AM
Usui Reiki, crystal healing, reflexotherapy, aromatherapy, herbs.
Hmmm... do any of you use elements' energies to heal? I mean, an energy, quite similar to reiki or kundalini (but requiring no attunements), derived from mixed energies of four elements. My husband uses it for a long time and now seeks people who also work with this power. It's quite possible that we won't find anyone, but it's worth a try :)

I've never heard of healing with the elements, whats the technique?

Rosana
September 30th, 2005, 07:15 PM
OMG, it's hard to explain... :eyebrow: I'll ask him to describe his method as clearly as possible and post it later.

BrigidMoon
September 30th, 2005, 09:48 PM
I use healing massage more than anything else.

Teresa
September 30th, 2005, 10:08 PM
I use touch healing, energy healing, candle magic, stones and crystals,herbs.

BrigidMoon
September 30th, 2005, 10:11 PM
I use touch healing, energy healing, candle magic, stones and crystals,herbs.

I'm going to start the candle magic too. I need space for all those candles I'm going to end up lighting for people!!

Shalaye you're an angel, don't know how you do it with all those candles! :)

Gypsy flower
September 30th, 2005, 10:14 PM
herbs and candles _happydanc

Teresa
September 30th, 2005, 10:18 PM
I'm going to start the candle magic too. I need space for all those candles I'm going to end up lighting for people!!

Shalaye you're an angel, don't know how you do it with all those candles! :)
I have a fire entinguisher beside my altar ! Sometimes I wonder if the Catholics may try to come light some candles here too ! :hehehehe: :hehehehe:

BrigidMoon
September 30th, 2005, 10:19 PM
I have a fire entinguisher beside my altar ! :hehehehe: :hehehehe:

LOL Good idea! Fire safety first...Wasn't that one of the posts recently?

:huddle:

Teresa
September 30th, 2005, 10:22 PM
LOL Good idea! Fire safety first...Wasn't that one of the posts recently?

:huddle:
I have one there for my peace of mind. I do not leave candles burning when I am not in the room and with as many as I have going sometimes I do worry . I have plans and back up plans incase something were to happen. I believe that my ancestors are watching and will protect my altar and this room. :huddle:

BrigidMoon
September 30th, 2005, 10:38 PM
I have one there for my peace of mind. I do not leave candles burning when I am not in the room and with as many as I have going sometimes I do worry . I have plans and back up plans incase something were to happen. I believe that my ancestors are watching and will protect my altar and this room. :huddle:

Oh yes I agree they are helping us out every step of the way.

I have a couple of fire extinguishers because I live in a trailer.