PDA

View Full Version : Long Distance Empathy?

seekerofknwoledge
September 29th, 2005, 08:56 PM
So here's a question for those of you who might have an answer (hehe, sounds sensible right? ^_^*). I recently experienced a bout of "awareness" in conjunction with touching a used school book. Just by a small touch (of some old papers the previous owner left in it) I was bombarded by information including thoughts, smells, descriptions, and even what that person was thinking at the moment he wrote/drew these notes. Now I'm not sure if this is more psychometry than it is empathy (it sounds a bit like the first one, although I'm not sure). Also, could it be that my empathy kind of influenced some psychometry. The only reason I think it wasn't empathy is because that person wasn't here, I never knew/met them, and I was only touching something they'd handled previously, but that didn't have that much meaning. So do you think it's possible that my empathy tapped into some past impressions, or is this something else? Thanks!

Teresa
September 29th, 2005, 11:09 PM
It is indeed very likely that you experienced psychometry.Experiencing psychometry does also have emotions and feeling and even thoughts from the person involved within it. Psychometry is not something that most can just do on demand.It has to be nurtured and trained and being an empath makes for you being more suceptable to having this gift.

BrigidMoon
September 29th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Wow that's pretty intense. I have had some of that before. I cleanse a lot of stuff because of that! :)

Teresa
September 29th, 2005, 11:34 PM
I am very aware of it since I use it with my tarot cards to help me help others in readings as I never had lessons. I mostly use intuition and psychometry with the cards as I have been learning their meanings and such thru the years. My first deck was actually Oracle cards because I felt connected to them strongly at the time and now my favorite deck is the Gilded Tarot until I can buy the Tarot of Dreams . _whistle_ _whistle_ Psychometry doesn't always work all the time for anyone and you can not always use it when You want to even if you nurture it.

Pesha
September 30th, 2005, 12:26 AM
Crikey yes I have experiences like yours all the time. I agree that being an empath makes me more open and able to read impressions ans the like from things, pictures, jewlery etc. It can be very scary. I have sometimes been allowed to see the spirits of passed on folk. And get "messages" from them. To tell you the truth there are times when I just fade into the backround and try and hide my gifts as I am afraid people will think I am a nutter. Kermit the Frog said it a'nt easy being green. It an't easy being an empath either.

BB
DS.

Teresa
September 30th, 2005, 01:05 AM
Kermit the Frog said it a'nt easy being green. It an't easy being an empath either.

BB
DS.
Aint that the truth! :hugz:

Earthy
September 30th, 2005, 02:15 AM
I haven't experienced that yet, but i can pick up on people's emotions over the internet..which can be hard to cope with.

Pesha
September 30th, 2005, 02:24 AM
I haven't experienced that yet, but i can pick up on people's emotions over the internet..which can be hard to cope with.

I mentioned this in one of the other threads. I also pick up online emotions. and it can be hard to cope with for sure.

BB
DS.

LadyAriana
September 30th, 2005, 03:20 AM
*breaths a sigh of relief* Oh thank the Gods, I'm not a freak.

LOL...that sounds weird to say but true. I have definatly picked up emotions from the internet, even conveyed empathetic messages with other empaths via chat. Sometimes, I find it almost easier to make connections with others when I'm online. I always thought I was either imagining it, or making it up.

On the psychometry issue, I dont' have it happen often, but every once in a while, I've handled something and picked up on residue from a previoius user. Normally just a faint tingling of emotion, nothing all consuming.

I think this empathetic by-products could be an interesting thread....

~*Ginger*~
September 30th, 2005, 05:38 AM
hmmm...

Just this past summer, I watched as someone held a small object that had belonged to someone else's mother.
The woman holding the object began to describe 'how the owner looked, and then told the daughter, this, that and the other, even where to go look to find something else that belonged to the original owner.

I being caught up in the goings on, asked if i coyuld hold the object as well.
I told the woman, I'd never tried this before, and that i was more a 'feeler', than a 'seer', with this type situation.

When I held the object, I felt an overwhelming sense of love, and caring.
this object was previously owned by someone who had a very big heart, who cared alot, in a loving way.
She was also the type to take care of her things, she held great pride in the things that were her's.

The woman told me I was right as well, so that made me feel pretty good about the whole thing.

There have also been times when thinking something 'looked interesting', I've been told by (the higher me?) 'Do Not touch!'

So, I think that this is another sign of what your talking of...

~*Ginger*~
September 30th, 2005, 05:39 AM
Oh, and the online picking up of emotions, and true thoughts, yes.
Even when someone says, that's not what i meant, or it was a mistake, or typo.

Yeah, I know/feel the true meaning...

LadyAriana
September 30th, 2005, 07:30 AM
There have also been times when thinking something 'looked interesting', I've been told by (the higher me?) 'Do Not touch!'

So, I think that this is another sign of what your talking of...

Oh yeah, the "WARNING" feelings are very useful. I've come to rely very much on those feelings.

Humming Bird
September 30th, 2005, 07:07 PM
ive had that happen to me, its usualy very slight though, allthough ive never heard the term psychometry, but i have felt things from objects, allthough i must say notes dont usualy do it, unless there where very importabt to that person, like a love note or something lol

seekerofknwoledge
September 30th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Wow, so many replies...that's really great!

I also experienced exactly what several of you mentioned about "online" empathy. I'm glad to not be the only one experiencing some of these things!

Teresa
September 30th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Glad to help confim that you are normal ! :huddle:

Teresa
September 30th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Yes especially if that person is upset the raw emotions that are flowing are very strong and intense! :huddle:

Humming Bird
September 30th, 2005, 10:58 PM
:hugz: lol yeah intense=bad=evil :lol:

TakingWing
November 21st, 2005, 08:36 AM
Wow. It amazes me how many people have these sorts of gifts and stay in the shadows.

I am also one who can 'sense'.. online, in the same room, 8 states away...
I am a 'feeler', also. Nope, can't see a thing.

My significant other is a 'seer'. He can get bouts of 'psychometry'.. whether he wants them or not.

The stronger I become (or more soundminded/clearheaded), the more I can sense about others. I can 'feel' whether they have 'higher energies' as well. Whether they are someone I could privately approach. Lately I have been attracted and introduced to many people on wavelengths such as ours and I feel blessed to have met these people. I am so much happier learning to surround myself with positive people and using my intuition to stay away from those things and people I shouldn't.

I've learned that as much as I am curious or want to help somebody.. some things are out of my scope and I should stay put, happy and healthy where I am. As they say, 'curiousity killed the cat'.. and this kitty has many many more years to come and would like to keep it that way.

Aleannah
November 21st, 2005, 04:32 PM
I too can sense emotions online, and it can be very overbearing. I do not have much experience with psychometry, but sometimes I can hear what someone near me is thinking...only a few words...but it makes me turn around all the time and say "excuse me?" Which, of course, gets lots of strange looks. :rolleyes:

LostSheep
November 21st, 2005, 04:55 PM
My Goddess yes, empathy online ... i know all about that.

I'm sometimes knocked sideways by emotions when i read things on MW, Helping hands & hugs and energy requests particulalry, as you might expect, but Altar of the Ancients contains some powerful emotions as well ... and even Just Talk isn't safe sometimes _inabox_. And that's from people i don't even know personally ... with what's happened to me over the summer, I know all about that ... oh boy .... I might say soemthing about it when I've had time to get my thoughts together ....

Crystal Raven
November 21st, 2005, 07:38 PM
this is all just amazing me!!! no i don't get anything over the net, not at all. But i do get what I call "The TV screen". I can't make it happen, and its not usually with an object (though it has happened once or twice) but with people (but still only 4 or 5 times so far).
My first experience of this is one i'll never forget, i was 13 almost 14 and my mother and I had gone to her friends house, all the sudden, in the middlle of there living room there appeared what I discribed as a flat screen tv floating in the air just above the friends head (this was 10 years ago before flat screens) and on the "tv" played this movie of a young guy in a car, who was driving irratically down the street, drove over a fire hydrant and right into a house!!! There were some explosions and then this man and woman running out of the house and the man had a toddler in his arms...
Turns out the toddler was the friend, and the guy that drove into the house was his much older brother who had died in that accident that he barely remembered. I was able to describe the guy, car and house to a tee, but the friend did not remember a fire hydrant being mentioned so called his mother who confirmed that the fire hydrant was definately busted, but rarely told about because it was minor compared to the rest of the story.

Luminessence
December 8th, 2005, 11:49 AM
I've had this kind of thing happen, but the only impression I really get is of the other person's energy, or just that there is old energy there. This is why I prefer to buy new books rather than used books; I prefer to have my things uncluttered by old energy.

I can pick up emotions over the internet, as well, and also over the phone.

Pesha
December 9th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Things coming over the net can be something. I tingle for an hour after I have been in empathic contact from online. Empathy is an amazing thing.

BB
DS.