PDA

View Full Version : Tree meditation

Akashic Brother
October 1st, 2005, 03:44 PM
I do this meditation and I just love the effects, so I thought I'd post it here where nature lovers will be sure to read it, because a love for nature is kind of required for this meditation.
Trees are great, and they have a super huge energy field surrounding them. The spirit of a tree is very wise. Pick a tree that you are somewhat connected to. If you like Oaks the best then go to an old oak tree ex cetera. At a small distance look at the tree, without looking at a specific spot. Look at a point of the tree, but with your peripheral vision notice every leaf, and every branch, untill you have a total vision of the entire tree, you may also then see it's aura. Walk up to the tree and express your love for the tree. Tell it you think it is beautiful, strong, wise, or whatever feelings you feel about it. Walk up to the trunk of the tree, and feel yourself, or at least be aware, that you are entering into its massive energy field. Place your left hand on the trunk of the tree. Begin to feel the energy flowing into your hand, and then up your arm. Feel the energy, and close your eyes. Often you will begin to see swirling patterns in your vision, where the black void is usually. Next place your other hand on the tree, and offer it your energy. Tell it verbally or mentaly that you wish it to know you as well. Now feel the energy flowing in your left and out your right. Focus on giving the tree your loving energy. If you wish place your head on the tree aswell, and feel the tree's wisdom. Do this for as long as you wish. It will leave you with a sense of connection to nature, and a buzz similar to a high. I get a great feeling from it!

SammieAnn
October 2nd, 2005, 02:08 AM
I have meditated in the woods long before I ever was a witch. in fact my fav. place to play as a small child was in the woods. when i was 8 there was an old oak tree that used to talk to me and his name was Timothy. o.k. call me crazy now. my fav. meditation tree is the weeping willow

yavanna
October 2nd, 2005, 03:27 PM
Sounds very relaxing and enlightening. I'll have to try it next time I'm in the woods

Thanks for posting it!

Tanemon
October 2nd, 2005, 06:14 PM
Walk up to the trunk of the tree, and feel yourself, or at least be aware, that you are entering into its massive energy field. Place your left hand on the trunk of the tree. Begin to feel the energy flowing into your hand, and then up your arm. Feel the energy, and close your eyes. Often you will begin to see swirling patterns in your vision, where the black void is usually. Next place your other hand on the tree, and offer it your energy. Tell it verbally or mentaly that you wish it to know you as well. Now feel the energy flowing in your left and out your right. Focus on giving the tree your loving energy. If you wish place your head on the tree as well, and feel the tree's wisdom. Do this for as long as you wish. It will leave you with a sense of connection to nature, and a buzz similar to a high. I get a great feeling from it!

This is similar to the way I have been encountering some trees over the last five years or so. Thanks for the careful directions or description. :smile:

A question: Are you right-handed? (I am.) Well, anyway, I wondered if your method of receiving energy from th tree with your left hand and passing the energy out with your right was due to being right-handed, and if you would reverse this recommndation for people who are left-handed?

A while ago I started a thread about "green thumb" (the ability to grow plants very successfully). I got a few posts - a few people seemed to appreciate it. Anyway, one of the things I wondered about was whether anyone would say that they feel energies in trees or other plants. I didn't say it myself, because I thought some people might just say something spontaneously.

All the best, A.B.
:sunny: Tanemon

Akashic Brother
October 2nd, 2005, 11:09 PM
This is similar to the way I have been encountering some trees over the last five years or so. Thanks for the careful directions or description. :smile:

A question: Are you right-handed? (I am.) Well, anyway, I wondered if your method of receiving energy from th tree with your left hand and passing the energy out with your right was due to being right-handed, and if you would reverse this recommndation for people who are left-handed?

A while ago I started a thread about "green thumb" (the ability to grow plants very successfully). I got a few posts - a few people seemed to appreciate it. Anyway, one of the things I wondered about was whether anyone would say that they feel energies in trees or other plants. I didn't say it myself, because I thought some people might just say something spontaneously.

All the best, A.B.

Yes I am right handed. I have read before in a few places that recommmended using your dominent hand as the sending hand. I would think that any hand would work but one way will just resonate better with you.

I think it is great to feel the energy of plants and trees. Whenever I walk around I seem to always be holding my hands above the plants and feel their energy vibrating. And speaking of 'green thumb' I think that after being around plants for a period of time a person becomes 'tuned' to the energies of plants. Some people just look at a plant and can 'feel' what it needs, sometimes without being aware of it.

Gypsy flower
October 2nd, 2005, 11:33 PM
mmmm so nice!

Tanemon
October 3rd, 2005, 12:10 AM
Akashic Brother - did you always have some degree of this sensitivity to trees, or did you consciously develop it?

Myself, I was in love with two trees when I was a young boy. I used to climbe, etc. But I've been working on my sensitivity to their vibrations, which I did not consciously feel until I was grown up and became generally interested in vibrations.

Greenly,

Akashic Brother
October 3rd, 2005, 01:46 AM
Even as a kid I was drawn to the energy of trees and felt the awareness in them, but became conscious/aware/open to it later on and began practicing. I very much like the feeling of tuning myself into the vibrations of nature whether it be trees, a cat, a horse, or a person. I find it feels like a connection with the spirit.

Richard Henry
October 3rd, 2005, 06:01 PM
Are It's not just me after all Some years ago I walked to a tree which was looking very ill It's branch's where droping and it looked as though it was in great pain. It was only a very small tree and I sould say just a few yreas old. I had never done anything like this before and diit with out thinking bout it But as I look at the tree I walked up and place my arms around itand told it that I felt love for it as I did a very small branch came and took my hand It kept the branch there for as long as I was there. Now I could ahve said well it was the wind but no wind, the branchs was just there in that place No the branch moved from the very top of the tree down to my hand.

It is something I have forgot and though I nver be to the place again (I was on hoilday at the time) It left with a feeling of great love.

Tanemon
October 3rd, 2005, 10:00 PM
Richard, very interesting story. Do you have any idea how the tree has done, health-wise, since that encounter?

I suppose that the people who cannot believe such experiences (vibrations, inter-species communication, being acknowledged by a tree) are the ones called "materialists".

Richard Henry
October 5th, 2005, 06:21 PM
No I don't I wish I I was able this was when I was on Holiday in Nothinghamhsire and we ahve not been back since Howvere I will be going back there on hoilday next year So I will go and take a look
It was a encounte I will never forget and though I ahve done this with any tree since I have been in the land of bussy over the last few years I do intend on spending more time in the local woodland. To me the Tree is the the oldist life on the worldand we should grow to both understand them and love them. and I am coming to understand that much.
In peace
Richard Hnery _catroll_