PDA

View Full Version : New Music

MammaStar
December 2nd, 2001, 01:34 AM
Well, I know the forum's been a little lonley without Loopy these days (weeks, but who's counting?) *we miss ya babe come back soon!* I thought I'd start a new topic.

Recently, Eshallet & I have purchased some new CD's. We got Gorillaz and Ozzy's new CD. They both rock. In fact, I was quite surprised by Gorillaz, since I only knew the one song. I like most of the CD. It's very VERY good.

Ozzy. Well, though I'm not the follower like our Site God, I do love the man. And I'm loving his new CD.

How 'bout you all? Purchased anything new? New stuff, or old stuff that you just got around to buying? Post it!

Radocs
December 2nd, 2001, 02:14 AM
I just bought the NOFX album, Pump up the Valium... it's new to me. ^_^

Flaire-FireStar
December 2nd, 2001, 02:15 AM
I bought Big Shiny Tunes 6 today, but I haven't gotten around to listening to it... I'll probably do that tonight before I go to bed... :D

Aura
December 2nd, 2001, 01:30 PM
Ozzy is great, and I love his new cd. I also finally got around to getting Stevie Nicks' "Trouble in Shangri-La" and a boxed set of Led Zeppelin(an old favorite of mine for too many years to count)

Siren
December 2nd, 2001, 01:43 PM
get the new BIF CD...since i am seeing her on the 12th...yay yay yay!!!!!

:boing:

oskila
December 2nd, 2001, 07:30 PM
Recently won Inertia's CD 'modern angel' . (Lottery at a club, wardrobe ticket numbers) Mainly strange remixes, not a top score record. Buy it if ya like english agressive industrial electronic.

Bought a 2:nd hand vinyl by Henry F´at's open sore last weekend. $6. Really good garage punk! And the record is clear vinyl, instead of the usual black :)

MammaStar
December 2nd, 2001, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Aura
Ozzy is great, and I love his new cd. I also finally got around to getting Stevie Nicks' "Trouble in Shangri-La" and a boxed set of Led Zeppelin(an old favorite of mine for too many years to count)

I love Stevie's new album. I've had it for quite a while now. I was supposed to go see her, but then the Attacks happened, and well, she cancelled.

Yvonne Belisle
December 2nd, 2001, 11:01 PM
I have an old Mama's and Papa's alblum that is translucent red vinyl. :) I listen too way too much music.

MammaStar
December 2nd, 2001, 11:08 PM
Never such a thing as listening to too much music Yvonne. Music is life in my book! :heartthro

Laiste
December 2nd, 2001, 11:34 PM
I haven't puchased anything new recently...except some ambient music and new age cd's like "A walk in the deep woods" and Windchimes...love that stuff...no lyrics so it's great to listen to when the mind is too full!

I have been holding out on my purchases to see if I will get the cd's I want for Yule...If I don't get Nickleback I'll scream!! I also want Ozzy's new cd and the Pink Floyd collection (major hints dropped to everyone I know...we shall see what happens!

mol
December 4th, 2001, 01:40 PM
The new Ozzy is great.

Breathtaking...really.

Stevie's isnt bad either.

MammaStar
December 4th, 2001, 03:09 PM
I want Nickelback's CD too!!!! Somebody PM Eshallet & tell him! :lol:

I know, Laiste, I'll call your hubby and tell him what you want and you can call Eshallet and tell him what I want! :lol:

There's so much stuff out there I'm hoping one of my brothers, if not both, got me the new Box Set by the Grateful Dead. I hear it's AWESOME from a bunch of my friends. I just recently lost my Led Zep II cd, that has to be my fave album of theirs. I want a new one. Then there's all the new stuff out. I really like Alcia Keys. I want her CD, Nickleback's, U2, don't have ANY Metallica on CD, so that'd be nice too. I heard my fave 80's band got back together, Tesla and they'll be putting out something soon. Can't WAIT!!!!

I'm hoping someone just got me a gift card to Tower. I can always go to my fave record shop and pick some other stuff up after X-mas.

Faery-Wings
December 4th, 2001, 04:51 PM
I am waiting patiently for Christmas- I got hubby Train, Nickelback and Linkin Park CDs, and I want to open 'em now!!!

Tell you what ladies, if the hubbies don't come through, I'll make you copies, K? :)

Oh and I am aking for the new Creed too.

Chris

MammaStar
December 4th, 2001, 10:45 PM
CREED!!!! How can I forget CREED!!!! I don't have any CD's tho' I absolutely adore them!!!

double D'OH! for me! LOL

Copies would be great!!! I got the new train over the summer, before I went to see them & Matchbox 20. The traffic was so bad going to the PNC Bank Art Center that we completely MISSED TRAIN!!!!! They were the only reason why I was going to the show!!! Oh well :rolleyes:

Twilight Garden
December 5th, 2001, 01:12 AM
Just got the Garbage album not too long ago.
Well worth the buy!

MammaStar
December 28th, 2001, 03:16 PM
*bump*

It's a few days after the holidays. I know I got new music, Nickelback :D. I also bought my son some new CD's. He got Metallica's "Master of Puppets" & "Ride the Lighting" as well as Ozzy's Tribute Album & Black Sabbath's Paranoid.

I also recieved $100 in gift certificates. I KNOW i will be spending some of it on some new stuff.

So, what kinds of music did you all get. :D :cool:

Remember, it doesn't have to be new, like out today, only NEW for You. Now, didn't I hear a certain Wulfe family got new music for X-mas? hmmmmm.........:T

MammaStar
December 28th, 2001, 11:22 PM
Well, I followed through with my above post. I did in fact buy some new music with my $100 present. I bought Alicia Keys and Incubus Make Yourself. I also bought books, but that's for a differnt forum. :lol:

MammaStar
May 14th, 2002, 03:13 PM
From the depths of the Music Forum archives, I revive the "New Music" thread! It's alive!!!!! hahahahahahahahah.

*Ahem* sorry bout that......I'm MUCH better now...:D

Well, Eshallet & I did purchase some new music recently. I bought the Practical Magic CD, which I have gone on about in a separate thread located in Just Talk I believe. However, Eshallet bought the new Mushroomhead CD. We got a "demo" of it on one of our Playstation 2 games, I believe it was their video. Eshallet was intrigued and thanks to our "$4 off Sam Goody!" bottle cap, he went out & bought their CD.

It's pretty darn good. I LOVE their cover of Empty Spaces. I like the mix of music. At least what I've heard so far, he's keeping it in his car and doesn't play it when we have the kids in the car. :rolleyes: But the few songs I've heard I like.

Now, why do I like them better than say "Slipknot" dunno really. I guess it's how they mix their styles up a bit, more than Slipknot. I think I posted in the "Music News" thread too how there was story about "Mushroomhead wore masks first". They've been around a year to 2 longer, just no one took notice till now. Mushroomhead is going to be on the OzzFest ticket, so there's another band I'm exicted to check out live.

Anyone else get anything new recently? Remember it doesn't have to be "New" as in a never heard of before artist, just "new" to you. ;)

Regulus
May 14th, 2002, 09:11 PM
I have recently recieved
Dope - Felons and Revolutionaries
Dope - Life
Soil - Scars
I like the last two far more the the first but, thats just cause i haven't listened to it as much.

Loon
May 15th, 2002, 12:08 AM
Well, I have really different musical taste from most people here it looks like. 8O The two new albums I've gotten recently are CÚline Dion's A New Day Has Come and Michael Bolton's Only A Woman Like You. I love every song on the latter and almost every song on the former. They are my new commute albums. :)

SpikesPet5150
May 15th, 2002, 04:14 AM
The last CD I got was SR-71 "Now You See Inside". Brilliant band. I completely love them. And it's not a new CD, really.. but it's new to me. :) Everyone should get it.

I want Mr Big's newest (and last *cries*) "Actual Size".. but I gotta wait until it's released here.. too expensive now, as a Japanese Import.

I want Richie Kotzen's "Slow", "Something To Say", his self titled one, "Wave Of Emotion", "Times Gonna Tell" and the CD he did with the band, "Vertu"... but I gotta wait till I have more money for that. :) And to think, I already have 10 CD's of his. What an amazing musician.

Thats pretty much it. :)
~Bree

mol
May 15th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Well, the last new one I bought was Tantric. GREAT ALBUM.

I want to go and grab 'System of a Down's new one.

fey
May 15th, 2002, 01:43 PM
Finally got around to getting Nickleback, Puddle of Mudd and Adema a few weeks ago. I can't stop listening to Nickleback..........what a great cd. :)