PDA

View Full Version : Pagan Anger Magic

Tammy Sullivan
October 11th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Have you read it? Do you have any questions or thoughts?

Erincelt
October 12th, 2005, 04:09 PM
I haven't read it.... yet. I just found it sitting on a local bookshelf yesterday, and my thought process went something like: Oh hey, something new... Wait a minute, that sounds familiar... Hey hey, I know this book! *flip flip flip* Dude, there's my name! Sweet. I should buy this.

Heh. :)
Seriously though, what I read while flipping through it looked very nice and well presented. I'll have to give you a full report once I've actually bought the thing and read it completely, of course. And the modified Willow meditation was perfect (all bias aside).

RedRaven
October 12th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Ive only seen it on amazon and I too was interested due to it being something different than whats out there. Ill of course have to find it in a shop and take a look before deciding if Id want to read it or not.

RR

SnowyMoon
October 16th, 2005, 04:08 PM
I am curretly in the middle of this book. It is SOOO good. I have been taking it slow because several times I had to set the book down and shed some cleansing tears. I swear at times it seemed the book was written just for me. There were examples that were given in the book on some life situations that caused anger in certain individuals. Some of these seemed to be written right out of my own life. I really did need this book, and I feel blessed to have it.

I will report back in once I get further into the book and once I have finished it. So far, I feel it was really well done.

Tammy Sullivan
October 16th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Thanks, Snowy. I'm so glad to hear that. If it helps in any way (even as a coaster!) I'm happy to hear it. :hugz:

Mithrea
October 17th, 2005, 01:05 AM
We were in Books a Million tonight and saw it on the shelf. I couldn't help but to shout out "hey! I'm in that book!" :lol:

Gareth
October 17th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Lisa just picked it up today.
I haven't read it yet, but I find the subject very interesting.

SilverAnnie
October 18th, 2005, 09:55 AM
haven't read it yet, but i read the descriptions of it on your website, tammy, and clicked right over to amazon. i was JUST saying to someone the other day that many healers and readers get stuck in anger - because most of us don't know how to deal with it in a healthy, holistically effective way. we know that for most of us, the ways we were taught to deal with anger aren't healthy, but it's tricky trying to understand what is, especially given that anger is such a fundamental part of us. i can't wait to read it... kudos to you, tammy, for addressing such a necessary topic. i know i will be passing it along to my friends and i am sure it will generate many stimulating discussions.

LisaT4P
October 18th, 2005, 10:54 AM
I did pick it up, Gareth, thanks! I read about the first 4 chapters last night and found it very informative. We've been dealing with someone whom I feel is a combination of a psy vamp & drama queen, so that was pretty fun to read about. :)

So far I like the tone of the book. Very nice and conversational instead of "scholarly" which I find harder to read. The reading is very easy and your metaphors are great. I like the examples you provide and that you don't give the answers, just suggestions and leave it for us to expand upon them and work with it ourselves.

I haven't gotten to the exercise parts yet.

I do agree whole-heartedly on the reaction vs. action subject. I find that so many people I know react blindly to situations without thinking them through first.

This book will definitely be recommended to others once I'm finished. :)

SnowyMoon
October 18th, 2005, 04:16 PM
No way is this book ever going to be a coaster. :o I am in the exercises now.

Calliope Dawn
October 19th, 2005, 10:50 AM
ERINCELT: Hey hey, I know this book! *flip flip flip* Dude, there's my name! Sweet. I should buy this.

MITHREA: I couldn't help but to shout out "hey! I'm in that book!"

:fpraiseyo You guys are in the book?! Nifty! :fpraiseyo

I need to read it, it seems like. I'm having trouble calming down.
I get steamed, I simmer...for a long time...and then I don't seem to forget.
Hmm. Maybe I should take yoga.

LisaT4P
October 24th, 2005, 08:07 AM
I like the Air exercise. I often picture many different types of energy in this way. I can see myself visualizing the anger and a tornado with my storage facility at the very bottom pointy-part, and then slowly letting it spin out and down into my focus. Very nice.

I'm also going to try the little dragon-on-your-shoulder idea. Seems like that is a good idea for when you are in the moment of anger and trying not to tear someone's head off. :) The little dragon can just suck it all up while you're calmly talking to someone about why they are being a complete moronic @**hole. :D

Lunacie
October 24th, 2005, 07:35 PM
Just got my copy today and I'm looking forward to reading it. I'll be back later and post something.

Theres
November 19th, 2005, 03:50 PM
for anyone interested in a review of this book, here's a link...

http://magickware.com/angermagic.html

Toki Wartooth
November 19th, 2005, 05:17 PM
for anyone interested in a review of this book, here's a link...

http://magickware.com/angermagic.html

Hmm. I just read that one on Amazon.

To those who have read it (and, of course, if the author would like to answer herself), would you say it's too advanced for beginners or any practitioners who aren't "expert-like" yet?

MariThorn
November 19th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Can we say Yule gift? As someone who works with emotional energies a lot, this will be a great boon! I cannot wait until the book on Elemental Magic comes out.

Marithorn

Tammy Sullivan
November 19th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Hmm. I just read that one on Amazon.

To those who have read it (and, of course, if the author would like to answer herself), would you say it's too advanced for beginners or any practitioners who aren't "expert-like" yet?

Hi Aranea,
It was written with the advanced practitioner in mind, but is a good book to bridge the gap between the two also. It does not explain terms and basics as a 101 book does but everyone can relate to the subject matter. :)

Toki Wartooth
November 19th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Hi Aranea,
It was written with the advanced practitioner in mind, but is a good book to bridge the gap between the two also. It does not explain terms and basics as a 101 book does but everyone can relate to the subject matter. :)

Ah! That's just what I wanted to hear. :) Thank you very much!!

brymble
February 8th, 2006, 03:41 PM
i just ordered this book. i'm eagerly awaiting its arrival in the mail. we are taught to supress out anger, or ignore it, or that it's "bad". i think a book like this has been badly needed.

now if only someone would write a similar book about fear.

wilder_witch
February 23rd, 2006, 04:43 PM
Ms Sullivan-
I'm pretty new here but I did find the place through reading you rbook.

I can not express how much it helped me to understand that I wasn't alone- wasn't crazy...

Wasn't evil-

Read and re read the book- and I've just had it a couple weeks.

I've "been doing" a number of the exercises because with my "anger"- both petty and justified- I had to do something with it-

I discovered the hard way that when I get angry- and create intent "drives" as I refer to them anyway- that's the time when the juice really rolls and people just needed to back away verrryyy slowly.... lol- (in a funny way actualy)

I have so much I want to say but I don't want to over load as a reletively new poster-

But you did inspire me toward a book of my own as well.

I have a self published title that M.R.Sellars would actualy possibly remember me from lol- he's up there in the forum and I met him via the web from my store and book- (called The Spirit Dragon and designed to help children dealing with bullies in the school yard.)

Since I teach Uechi-Ryu Karate.. My book will be along those lines... The Angry Martial Artist if you will :) So I thank you for that as well.

Anyway-

I intend to read the topics here and post and hopefuly I can ask my questions and not make too big a pest out of myself! :)

Blessed Be to you for writing that book!!!!

Wilder