PDA

View Full Version : omg. have i told you guys about this popcorn ball idea i had?

spooky
October 11th, 2005, 06:07 PM
ooey gooey reddish fall colored papcorn balls, traditional except HOT!

like those hot cinnamon candies. maybe even with a little dusting of cayenne, or something similar. habanero? something sweet hot. a grown up version of the treat.

how would i pull this off?

Dio
October 11th, 2005, 06:56 PM
I think a fun experiment would be to melt some white chocolate, add a few drops of cinnamon oil, a few drops of red food coloring, and a pinch of ceyenne or habanero powder. Then mix in the popcorn, form them into balls, then drizzle the popcorn balls with melted dark chocolate.

spooky
October 11th, 2005, 10:06 PM
ewww. white chocolate offends me. how about marshmallow creme? would that work?

Dio
October 11th, 2005, 10:54 PM
ewww. white chocolate offends me. how about marshmallow creme? would that work?
Ewwwww to marshmallow creme.

Maybe try it with caramel. Or rather than white chocolate, try regular chocolate.

BrigidMoon
October 11th, 2005, 10:56 PM
Why not use the traditional corn syrup? If you melt the red hots and add the pepper - with the corn syrup that may make it stick together, right?

LadyTrinity
October 11th, 2005, 11:02 PM
I think a fun experiment would be to melt some white chocolate, add a few drops of cinnamon oil, a few drops of red food coloring, and a pinch of ceyenne or habanero powder. Then mix in the popcorn, form them into balls, then drizzle the popcorn balls with melted dark chocolate.

*drools* :hearteyes

nag champa
October 11th, 2005, 11:33 PM
The aztecs, who venerated the corn spirit, prepared a traditional beverage called xocoatl from a combination of chocolate, chilli pepper, vanilla, and annatto. I think it would be interesting to work out an aztecan popcorn ball incorporating these flavors.

blueangel
October 12th, 2005, 03:27 AM
The aztecs, who venerated the corn spirit, prepared a traditional beverage called xocoatl from a combination of chocolate, chilli pepper, vanilla, and annatto. I think it would be interesting to work out an aztecan popcorn ball incorporating these flavors.

That would be interesting, if the corn syrup idea works that could be a way of combing those flavours. Does anyone have any ideas about other kinds of ways to stick them though cos I've never seen corn syrup being sold in the UK. Or maybe I'm not looking in the right places but I know my local supermarkets quite well....

Rowan Darkmoon
October 12th, 2005, 03:38 AM
What about melting caramel and red hots?? Or melting caramel and adding cinnamon to it?