View Full Version : my drawings

October 24th, 2005, 11:14 AM
http://queenorivers.deviantart.com/gallery/ I really need to know what to do to improve, if you're good at manga then I'd also love some info on hair!

October 24th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Your perspective on the body is really good (I so suck at that)! Really, all you need to work on is the head. I'll post a sequence of head drawings later tonite. Really, the head is like the easiest part. There's just a trick to it, thats all. Have you looked at the series of manga drawing books that are out? I can't remember the title, but its a massive series of paper back books from japan. They're really helpful if you can find them. In terms of the hair, it looks good. Some manga artists draw only the outline of the hair and then use tones to shade, others (like Nako from sailor moon) draw the hair in strands.

October 24th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Nice stuff--almost looks like you're into fashion design!

October 24th, 2005, 01:17 PM
I am :P

October 24th, 2005, 06:26 PM
they're pretty good...the only things I can really see to critque are some of the arm proportions, and heads....one thing that I have learned is that with anime style as long as it looks good at a glance that's usually all you need....personally I have adopted a bit of Fred Perry's style of hair, with a tweak or two of my own...I have a couple of drawings up if you'd like to take a look, but I'm far from an expert