PDA

View Full Version : recipe: pumpkin cheesecake

halfwaynowhere
October 30th, 2005, 11:07 PM
my sister sent me this recipe, and it looks so good, if she'll go out and buy the things i need, i'll make it tonight!

INGREDIENTS

1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup melted butter
2 packages of cream cheese (250g each)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
COOL WHIP or whipping cream (approx 2 cups when beaten)

DIRECTIONS

Preheat the oven to 350F.

Mix the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter in a 9" pie plate. Press the mixture against the sides and bottom of the pie plate.

Beat the cream cheese with the sugar and vanilla until well blended.

Mix in the eggs, pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg until smooth.

Pour into the prepared crumb crust and bake for 40 minutes or until center is almost set.

Cool and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

Top with COOL WHIP Whipped Topping.

Enjoy!

Faery-Wings
October 31st, 2005, 07:15 AM
oh that sounds sooooo good!

halfwaynowhere
November 2nd, 2005, 12:11 AM
i made this last night, and it was gone pretty early this morning... it was really good, although it should really be called pumpkin-pie cheesecake, it tastes like you mix the two together, not just put pumpkin in with the cheese... but it was so good... i want to make another one all for me!

Merrilyn
November 2nd, 2005, 12:32 AM
My two favorite desserts...together as one! What a blessed union..heehee. Gonna try it.

Zhr Morgana
November 2nd, 2005, 12:42 AM
My friend Jenny was looking for a good recipe for pumpkin cheesecake...I have to get this to her! Thanks :D

SilverClaw
November 2nd, 2005, 01:34 AM
whoohoo two of my favorite things in one, how compact :D

Faery-Wings
November 2nd, 2005, 07:36 AM
I am in charge of dessert for thanksgiving, maybe i'll try that instead of the tradition pumpkin pie.
Was it hard to make?

aluokaloo
November 2nd, 2005, 11:18 AM
thank you thank you thank you!

ObsessedFae86
November 2nd, 2005, 11:36 AM
sounds yummy!

evie_mun
November 2nd, 2005, 03:44 PM
See, now why'd you have to put this recipe up? Now I have to go and make it! :P

Winter_wolf
November 2nd, 2005, 03:57 PM
Oooo that sounds really good. I think I'll make it next week! Thanks for the recipe :)

Suzette
November 2nd, 2005, 10:50 PM
Well... :hmmmmm:

I had a dinner party feast for Samhain last Sunday at my sweethearts house, which was the perfect setting for the season. I served pumpkin-curry soup, rosemary roasted pork tenderloin, colcannon, Vermont baked apples and...... Seawitch and her husband brought her famous pumpkin cheesecake.

Her recipe is absolutely divine. Maybe we could coax it out of her. Not your *pumpkin pie* tasting cheesecake, more like a pumpkin chiffon cheesecake.

Tres yummy.

Winter_wolf
November 10th, 2005, 08:09 PM
I made this tonight and thought it was great! :) It was the perfect mixture of the two tastes of pumpkin pie and cheesecake. I'm definately making this on Thanksgiving as my desert... the mother-in-law can bring the pumpkin pie this year :)

Thanks again for the recipe!

Faery-Wings
November 27th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Thank you! This recipe was so easy to make and came out delish!
Hubby actually chose that over his mom's home made apple pie. *gasps*
You know it has to be good then.