PDA

View Full Version : Hinduism pics

Paracelsus
November 1st, 2005, 12:44 PM
For those of you interested in Hinduism:
As some of you know, I teach Religious Studies at a School in England, and have just returned from a field trip to India with some of my sixteen and seventeen year old students. We had a truly amazing time, and I've posted some photographs that might be of interest to you guys on the link below.
Enjoy, and let me know what you think.
Namaste

SylverStar
November 8th, 2005, 04:21 AM
Awesome thanks for sharing.

MoonKnight
November 8th, 2005, 04:56 AM
The pics are great. Thank you for sharing them.

Devi
November 9th, 2005, 02:22 AM
Great pictures! I haven't been back to India since I visited when I was around 11 years old. I actually stayed awhile at the Iskcon temple in Vrndavan! Really nice Deities there!:flowers:

Paracelsus
November 18th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Here you go, we've got a web page up at last -
http://www.kingsbridgecollege.org.uk/news-events/india.htm
Enjoy

Anubis RainHawk
November 20th, 2005, 04:54 PM
For those of you interested in Hinduism:
As some of you know, I teach Religious Studies at a School in England, and have just returned from a field trip to India with some of my sixteen and seventeen year old students. We had a truly amazing time, and I've posted some photographs that might be of interest to you guys on the link below.
Enjoy, and let me know what you think.
Namaste

Wow! Thanks SO much for posting and letting us see your pictures! They're great, especially because I'm researching Hinduism at the moment. I also think it's great that you're a teacher of Religious Studies because that's something I'm looking into for a possible career choice. BTW, is the altar featured in the ablum your personal altar?

HetHert
November 21st, 2005, 03:12 PM
Thanks so much for sharing.

I was wondering what was it like to sit amongst the monks and meditate/pray. Was there any marked difference to sit amongst them and meditate or variance in the energies surrounding you. I noted that you said your students were moved to join in, did any of them mention what it may have done for them to participate in the Kirtana? I ask out of curiousity of course but also because this is something I would love to do myself.

Blessings and Joy to You
HetHert

Paracelsus
November 23rd, 2005, 04:13 PM
Many of them expressed the opinion that this was the high point of their whole visit - some of them are studying the use of mantras in Bhakti Yoga in their lessons at the moment, and were able to articulate how easily this practice was able to induce an altered state of devotional consciousness, and how open and easy it was for an outsider to pick up.