PDA

View Full Version : some questions, worries, and need of help

CalisticSunrise
November 1st, 2005, 11:07 PM
I had never thought of myself as an empath until recently. now I just keep thinking that maybe that could explain a lot in my life and maybe i'm not just emotional

So I guess here we go with my story... All my life other peoples attitudes seem to majorly affect my emotions.. If someone is struggling I feel like I am right there with them. I can't be around persimistic people because it brings me to the point of almost being suicidal. When I was 15 I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder with extremely bad mood swings and inappropriate emotions. I feel like these emotions are coming from the people around me.. So bad I cry easily even at songs on the radio.
So I guess my first question is when and how did you come to the conclusion you were an empath?

Second, Do you believe this affects health and How do you stop from affecting your health?

I am extremely unhealthy I feel like my whole body is diseased. And I worry that a lot of my unhealthiness is caused by me being dragged down by all these emotions (good or bad) I have a hard time in very public places they make me extremely tired. Here is the majority of health issues please tell me if you have anything similar:
Migraines
extreme fatigue (I could sleep for 12 hours and an hour later sleep again)
Sexual dysfunction (lack of drive)
Vulvodynia (Painful when pressure is applied in uh "Private" parts lol)
low immune system
Ulcers
chest pains
almost constant colds, flu or sinus infections

I think that's about it.. I guess I'm just looking for some guidance and answers to how to deal with "feeling" what others "feel" if that makes sense...

Pesha
November 2nd, 2005, 02:03 AM
Yes you make perfect sense. Health will affect yuor empathy and empathy affects your health. The more you are bogged down in psychic gunk, the more stress you pace on your body and so you will get run down and can become quite ill. Begin with cleansing yourself of the gunk. From there you can go to work on getting you put back in shape.

I also highly recommend see your Dr. on a regular basis for the treatments you may need for some of your problems. And there are herbal preparations on the maket, that could possibly help with the old sex drive.

Welcome to the Empathic Bunker. Please feel free to ask all the questions you need. :hugz: We are here to help each other.

BB
DS

CalisticSunrise
November 2nd, 2005, 02:10 AM
Thanks so much.... I seem my doctor a lot.. I feel like i like there part time lol. the herbal stuff doesn't really work for me on the sex part neither do "medications" but i think that the lack of sex drive has to do with the fact its painful, but it still is bothersome and not only to me but to my fiance nick the i sense his frustration and anger and that makes me more tense and anxious and that makes it worse. its like the never ending circle of hell.

Do you or anyone else have any good way to cleanse... I have some ways but none seem to work fully or seem to bring on anxiety... which makes it not seem to work.

I'm so happy to have found this section, I have been on mysticwicks for awhile, i guess i never came out this way though... i feel less alone already

fawndances
November 10th, 2005, 09:38 PM
I found a very good web site that explained MANY things to me about empathy and my sensitivities and illnesses such as chronic fatigue and etc. The only problem is the site is not put together very well and you have to jump around a lot to find things. The section on physical illnesses associated with empathy is found by going to REPORT, and then FAQ, and then number 9. I just checked and the link to number 9 is currently down. Fortunately I have saved all the information if you would like me to email it to you or post it let me know. It is about chemical,electrical,weather sensitivities and chronic fatigue and sleep deprivation associations with empathy.

http://www.geocities.com/christabelle67/TheUniversalEmpathIndex1.html

It helped explain a lot to me. I experience several of the things you mentioned such as vulvodynia, low immune system, fatigue, etc.. but I also have fibromyalgia and myofasical pain syndrome, which explains all that. I hope this site is helpful.

CalisticSunrise
November 11th, 2005, 01:23 AM
thanks fawn for the site... i have already found a lot of interesting stuff there and i just began to search