PDA

View Full Version : Night Vision

MistOfTheSea86
December 10th, 2001, 10:44 PM
OKAY I need an explanation about a recurring phenomenon that has been occuring with me. Many times when I am sitting in complete darkness and my eyes are closed and I am very close to falling asleep I open my eyes and for like 10 minutes I get on and off night vision. A big green light flashes splotchely up and stays for like 5 seconds then leaves then comes back. Can this be explained Scientifically? Because it is really neat and I would love to know how to trigger it by will:)

Illuminatus
December 11th, 2001, 05:55 PM
Uh...

I don't think the splotchy green things you "see" when you close your eyes are actually "vision"... they are illusionary. You see things, but they are not representative images of the world around you. It's sort of neat, but this sort of "night vision" would not help you if you were a SEAL trying to take an enemy bunker in the quiet of the night!!

MistOfTheSea86
December 12th, 2001, 12:41 AM
Oh no, I see when I open my eyes, it illuminates things. Not when my eyes are closed.

Echohawk
February 8th, 2002, 06:56 AM
perhaps you're elven? ;)

humans are capable of extremely weird and amazing things. Nobody bothers anymore to teach their children this, or to try things. It's the same idea that children who are raised thinking they can do anything (astrally, physically, etc) really DO accomplish things that would normally be considered outragous or impossible.

Most things can happen. It just depends when, where, and with whom. And other factors.

Just keep your mind open. If you have night vision, try giving yourself little practice excersizes. Meditation on it, as well. Test those reflexes. Could it be possible that this is a way your mind manifests your ability to sense things in a completely dark room? By giving you a visual representation that makes sense to you?

let me know what's going on.

~Echohawk

Myst
February 8th, 2002, 11:41 AM
Sure. Your eyes adjust to the darkness after a while. I don't know what the green is but I suppose it's just some sort of reaction with the darkness and eyes because I see it all the time too. *shrugs*

Danustouch
February 8th, 2002, 01:15 PM
On a related note, I sometimes wonder if I have a deficiency in my night vision. Sometimes, if I turn out the lights, and try to go to sleep, I'll sit up to look for the lamp or something, and it seems I only have vision in one of my eyes. Yet they are both wide open. Could one pupil be dilating, and the other not? Could I have a severe deficiency in one eye, in darkness, and not the other? It is a bit disturbing. After a while, it seems to adjust, and I can see out of both eyes again. But..it's a little disconcerting. Could it be rickets, or something? My eyesight is not quite twenty twenty, actually, i'm a bit near sighted, but not so much that I need to wear glasses. And the eye doctor never told me I had night blindness or anything....

Should this concern me?

Twilight
February 12th, 2002, 11:43 AM
vitamins A, C and beta caratine improve night vision. get these into your diet, maybe that will help. carrots are rich in the last one, i know, so eat carrots!