PDA

View Full Version : How do I get over my fears and open up to the paranormal experience?

Danu Brigid Sulla
November 3rd, 2005, 05:58 PM
I know these things exist. I believe in Spirits, and Astral Travel, and most other paranormal phenomenon. It is just that my fears keep me from being more open to experiencing it. I have a Ouja board that I have never used because I am afraid of what might happen. It seems strange that I can believe in all this stuff and be afraid of it all. I really want to learn to Astral Travel, but there is a fear there that keeps me from pursuing it.
I really, really want to get over this fear(s), but I'm not sure how.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Blessings,
Danu

Geministar
November 3rd, 2005, 07:19 PM
I know exactly what you are talking about believe me! I am still dealing with getting over my fears but I have come a long way. What I have done to get over my own fears is I ask my spirit guide and gaurdian angels to help me to lose these fears, and help me to open myself up more. When ever I see a ghost or spirit I would sometimes get so scared that the spirits would begin to try and manifest or communicate with me, but my fears would be so great that they wouldnt always be able to get through. I always put up my protective sheild in my minds eye before doing any kind of spirit work, that makes me feel better, but then I ask my spirit guide and angels to help guide me through it, and not to let any kind of enity come through unless it comes from the light. Ever since I have been asking for my guide and angels help, I feel so much better and find that I can open up any pyschic abilities I do have more because I dont have the fears holding me back as much. Give your fears to them, and know that they will protect you if you ask them too. You could always do a ritual or spell even. Meditate on making yourself stronger and less afraid. These are just my suggestions but they have helped me so much. I think I will always have a little fear and I'm glad for that as if I had no fears when dealing with spirits and anything in the unknown realm I might get to cocky and be less careful. Some fear is good in my eyes but not if its holding you back. I hope this helps you! Good luck!

semi
November 3rd, 2005, 10:25 PM
What are you afraid of? I think it's exciting to make the unknown known. Just go for it, jump in. There is no need to be afraid. Take Geministar's advice, very good advice, then get busy.

EternalMaiden
November 4th, 2005, 11:19 AM
I can relate!

But just to add a little more with two good comments already, I think you should accept your fears! You're afraid, so there has to be a reason for that. Do an inventory, not of all the fears in general. Find something you'd really like to do, say the Ouija for introduction.
Why are you afraid to try it? The dark? (We lit candles when I was younger, try that.)
You see, either you have darn good reasons to be afraid or you can walk yourself into a situation facing it. But not 'throwing yourself' in it.

Bring a friend to do a Quija, Bring two to go to some haunted house that you live near. Get a feel for the paranormal.

Ask yourself : "Fear, can you kill me?"
"No? Good."

Janus109
November 4th, 2005, 07:36 PM
A good book I can recommend about astral projection is by Dr. Albert Taylor called Soul Traveler. He talks a lot about some of the fears involved about doing this type of out of body experience. Also check out Journeys Out of The Body by Robert Monroe.

Rick K :tarotwitc

Janus109
November 10th, 2005, 11:01 PM
Sorry to double post but I find this link which might be of help.

http://www.esolibris.com/articles/astral_projection/astral_projection_techniques.php

_witchball

Silver Ivy
November 11th, 2005, 12:05 AM
Hi ... :)

I can really relate to fears about the paranormal ...

I started reading tarot cards about 6 months ago and it took me a long time to get over my fears and give it a try! Even now ... I am still scared of having paranormal experiences ... and I feel like it blocks me from developing my intuition or sixth sense. As someone else mentioned ... meditation is a really good idea. Asking spirit guides or guardian angels to guide you and watch over you ... always makes me feel more safe and uplifted too. Hope that helps ... :)

dademan
November 11th, 2005, 12:22 AM
The only real fear, I would have, is to use a Quiji board, or doing a Seance (unless you know what your doing).

Most of the Paranormal, unless you go into the field, and try to find the Jersey Devil, or Bigfoot, isnt that dangerous.

But then you also have to be carefull on what you do. If you do something that involoves channeling a spirit, it may or may not be a good spirit, heck, it might even be a Demon in disguise.

Sorry, if this gives you more fears, but im open, and I dont want people to get hurt. So give it a try, but be carefull for the Channeling portions.

SilverAnnie
November 11th, 2005, 11:29 PM
i think its always good to be careful. i think the energies are tremendous and i think the potential to have something happen in a way you're not expecting is enormous. that said, i think the other advice posted here is excellent. over hte years, ive had spells misfire, had energies bounce back on me in unexpected and sometimes unpleasant ways but i look at it in kinda the way i skinned my knees while i was learning to ride a bike. i was a very clumsy child in many ways and i fell off a lot. envision yourself surrounded in white light, sprinkle a salt circle around yourself. i love salt. there's a wonderful scene in a recent novel whose title absolutely escapes me of a negative spirit trying to enter a home and being unable to cross the threshold because of the salt sprinkled across it. i have been a clumsy witch at times but i figure its all part of the learning process.