PDA

View Full Version : What is in Area 51?

CoolJ
November 7th, 2005, 08:41 AM
I'm sure we all know of this old peice of land that's now a very well protected airfield owned by the government, probably a favorite of alien-centric literature, movies, and video games.... but what do you think is *really* there? Do you believe roswell happened? Do you believe aliens are held there? Do you believe it's just another airfield that happened to be the suspect of weird rumors? Or maybe it's a high tech research facility of earthling nature?

I personally believe if anything special is being done at Area 51, it would be bio-research, specifically genetic and transgenic research... not aliens, but not human either... also possibly bio-weapons........ aliens are a cute story to cover it up since it seems to have made such a big cult...

Gareth
November 7th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Well, it's supposed to be empty.
Due to all the underground nuke tests they did.
They used to test all the top secret planes out there.

However I don't know for sure if they are using it or not anymore.
I do know you still don't want to get caught trying to enter that place!!

Trithemius
November 7th, 2005, 09:29 AM
I think it was a base for developing and testing advanced flight systems.

smckim
November 7th, 2005, 09:33 AM
:eyez: What ever it is, it must be BIG because if your caught trespassing there, they can and will shoot you!! :uzi:

tears_of_ashes
November 7th, 2005, 10:21 AM
It's where they use new kinds of weapons such as lazers and all that because if a lazer is shot it can go through anything for many of miles and that's why area 51 is so big! They also use newer and bigger versions of the nuclear bomb, named something else now though due to government secracy.

Valnorran
November 7th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Put me down for

Or maybe it's a high tech research facility of earthling nature?

Even normal aircraft can look odd from certain angles or in certain lighting, so I could easily see people mistaking experimental aircraft for UFOs. I rmember a few years ago when people were reporting seeing mysterious black flying wedges. Not long after that the air force unveiled the F-117.

LostSheep
November 7th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Well, it's supposed to be empty.
Due to all the underground nuke tests they did.
They used to test all the top secret planes out there.

However I don't know for sure if they are using it or not anymore.
I do know you still don't want to get caught trying to enter that place!!

Well, there's enough flights from Las Vegas every day to suggest that there's something still going on there ... unless they're all a cover up as well...

(There's a good fairly recent photo of the place on here ... http://www.lasvegasnow.com/area51/Area51-072503-LG.jpg )

Astara Seague
November 7th, 2005, 04:13 PM
My parents lived in Beatty for a short time, and when I went to see them we went by area 51, I really believe something is going on there, so many people and patrol officers, My Mom was there for 2 years and she swears there is and has a few stories, and she is a definate Non Believer inthat kind of stuff!!_inabox_

LordHelmet
November 7th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Advanced aircraft systems, experimental anti gravity (not quite what you see in star trek), layers of secrecy, other advanced propulsion systems. Captured crashed UFO parts (self destruct) and alien remains would have long since been taken back by the aliens. We would not have had the tech to prevent this. Attempts to duplicate their techknowledgy are under way full scale of course.

Thats what I think.

Raven Reed
November 7th, 2005, 05:35 PM
I voted "Other." I haven't a flippin' clue.

Meadhbh
November 7th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Something so baffling nobody is yet to think of it. I'm sure if we found out we'd either laugh or cry. Perhaps both depending on what it was.

CoolJ
November 7th, 2005, 07:09 PM
Something so baffling nobody is yet to think of it. I'm sure if we found out we'd either laugh or cry. Perhaps both depending on what it was.

Either that or have FBI pay a visit.

SilentDreams
November 7th, 2005, 08:23 PM
I'm going with "other". I believe that place has the possibility for a million things to be happening. So I'm really not going to choose just one. i think I'll just say that I'm forsure something is going on there but as to what it is, I'll need more info before I jump to conclusions.

AlAskendir
November 8th, 2005, 02:02 AM
I'm sure we all know of this old piece of land that's now a very well protected airfield owned by the government, probably a favorite of alien-centric literature, movies, and video games.... but what do you think is *really* there? Do you believe roswell happened? Do you believe aliens are held there? Do you believe it's just another airfield that happened to be the suspect of weird rumors? Or maybe it's a high tech research facility of earthling nature?

I personally believe if anything special is being done at Area 51, it would be bio-research, specifically genetic and transgenic research... not aliens, but not human either... also possibly bio-weapons........ aliens are a cute story to cover it up since it seems to have made such a big cult...

it's a high tech research facility of earthling nature, with aliens being a story to cover it up.

But Roswell still happened anyway....the crashing of some early earthling research into experimental vehicles, not aliens in a UFO that then got vivisected.

Serendipity
November 11th, 2005, 01:58 PM
I voted "Other." I haven't a flippin' clue.

Ditto. Only maybe I would said "I haven't the foggiest clue" =P

Xellos_Metallion
November 11th, 2005, 02:11 PM
I chose other due to things I have seen while within the military myself. I have found that the FBI has released revised public recods of Area 51 if for nothing else then to help ensure a cover up. However true these reports may have sounded by taking a look at a satilite photo I have found there to be six buildings in the following formation located at or fairly close to the center of the base:

\ /
/ \

The 1s are each a seperate building and the slashes are placed in the formation and angle they can be truely seen. If you look at it though a rough design on a computer you can probably see the symetry and symblance of one of our own symbols.

Now from those whom I have spoken to on this acute design I have learned that within each of those buildings there lays a symbol on the ground seemingly etched into stone. This is the supposed reason the buildings were put into place.

If anyone here has ever been to Montauk Point and seen the glyphs or watched them bend as aircraft moved by or anything else for that matter you would understand why such a large scale area was designated around the symbols.

For those of you who have not, when a glyph stretches around Montauk point things can occur depending upion the type of Glyph in question. be it good or bad. It is my guess these five symbols have a similar effect if exposed. I would assume however that that reaction is not a good one or one that the military is trying to figure out by studies.

If your a parapsychologist then your chances of recieving access to the base is supposedly easier but then again I have yet to hear of one ever returning from within after seeing the designs. Instead they seem to remain on and vanish from all other forms of life in hopes to find out the meaning.

So in the end perhaps it was aliens who made them. Who knows but from what all I have learned on the subject it seems more paganish then extraterestrial. Who knows perhaps we in a previous life made the symbols and one day one of us will awaken with the knowledge and remembrance of their use and go forth setting the old plans to motion.

In the end, only time will tell.

enchancea
November 12th, 2005, 04:11 AM
I have no idea whats going on there. Its probably something we could never think of. But I feel like its more than just Aliens. I remember seeing a show once about area 51 and they had a thing on how various creatures that looked like Chupacabras were found dead around the area. Its probably some Island of Doctor Moreau stuff going on there.

Galaxia
November 13th, 2005, 10:25 PM
Ω

laserhazel
July 5th, 2006, 02:11 AM
Hey, you can put anything there you want man.

mayu
July 5th, 2006, 10:33 AM
I belive that something did crash in the nevada desert, be it from this world or not, i also belive that interest has got so hot on that area that they have moved the whole thing but like us to focus on that area so they have kept the big white cars and shoot on site thing just to keep our eyes averted from else where.

The point about the glphs is fascinating i havent heard that one before.

Sea-Witch
July 5th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Having studied this stuff in an anthro paranormalism course, I would have to say that the only thing that crashed at Roswell was a weather balloon. As for Area 51, I'm sure the gov. has stuff going on that they don't want the public to know about, but I doubt it has anything to do with aliens.

Shanti
July 5th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Stuff that walmart doesnt carry. :)

Malcolm
July 5th, 2006, 04:16 PM
A diversion so we don't see what is really going on. :2G:

Silverfire Darkmoon
July 6th, 2006, 09:12 AM
ANyone who knows *anything* knows that all the really good stuff isn't at Area 51. It's at Area 51-A.

You are here. We are not.

moonshadow24
January 27th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Area 51 isn't far from me as I live in Vegas,but I have never tried to go there. It interested me for awhile and I guess it still is interesting. However,while my views on possible aliens are that,there is life on this planet so why not on others, I doubt they have aliens 'stored' there. Just my views.

BB,
Michelle

Catiana
January 27th, 2007, 09:44 PM
I think there are extremely secret, extremely deadly weapons being developed there.

synopa
February 4th, 2007, 04:10 PM
I have no idea what is there, but I believe it is possible that things we could never imagine happen in restricted areas. I would like to think it is only weapons testing. However people are capable of horrible things, when they feel justified, and they know no one is watching. I have heard rumors that the missing children end up in some of these restricted areas, and I believe that is possible.

Brightshores
February 4th, 2007, 06:22 PM
I don't want to know. Not that aliens or anything scare me... in fact I expect that life exists on other worlds. However, the possibility of secret-superweapons, bioweapon research, etc. scare the heebie-jeebies out of me.

Brightshores, trusts the aliens more than the US government these days. :)

person of shadow
February 7th, 2007, 12:03 PM
I have no clue...But a few years ago, it was seen that area 51 is still active, with planes and other things. (it was caught on film)

covenofkeys
February 7th, 2007, 12:57 PM
i think that it doesnt matter what we think, we will never know what the 'truth' is cause not even 'they' know it.

ModernKnight
February 7th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Personally, I'm inclined to believe that Clinton was being honest when he said he was shutting Area 51 down because it was getting too much public attention. When people are trying to see in, it's hard to keep things secret. I suspect all the secret advanced weapons research is being done elsewhere now.

LostSheep
February 8th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Personally, I'm inclined to believe that Clinton was being honest when he said he was shutting Area 51 down because it was getting too much public attention. When people are trying to see in, it's hard to keep things secret. I suspect all the secret advanced weapons research is being done elsewhere now.

But is that what they want us to think? :2G: is it a double bluff?? :2G: :2G:

Anyway, something's still being done there ... here's a flight right now heading into Vegas from somewhere near there. ( :2G: )

En Route/Scheduled To Mc Carran Int'l Airport (Las Vegas, NV) [KLAS]

WWW212 B73Q Tonopah Test Range (KTNX) [Dep] Thu 05:50AM PST unknown [Arr] Thu 06:26AM PST

http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KLAS/enroute <-- very useful, that. Any flight with a "WWW" code to or from "Tonopah Test Range", is really going to :2G: you-know-where :2G: .

Phoenix Blue
February 8th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Here's a transcript of a DOD Q&A with the media that deals with a few questions about Groom Lake: Transcript (http://www.defenselink.mil/transcripts/2000/t04182000_t0418asd.html).

Thunder
March 10th, 2007, 11:00 AM
I'm sure we all know of this old peice of land that's now a very well protected airfield owned by the government, probably a favorite of alien-centric literature, movies, and video games.... but what do you think is *really* there? Do you believe roswell happened? Do you believe aliens are held there? Do you believe it's just another airfield that happened to be the suspect of weird rumors? Or maybe it's a high tech research facility of earthling nature?

It is where they keep my Ex-Wife.

Thunder
March 10th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Here's a transcript of a DOD Q&A with the media that deals with a few questions about Groom Lake: Transcript (http://www.defenselink.mil/transcripts/2000/t04182000_t0418asd.html).The DOD, of course, being famous for telling the truth.

~Belladonna~
March 10th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Don't you just love speculating about this kinda stuff, I know I do. Wouldn't we all just love to know what's there and what's going on there, how amazing would that be, to know! All this seceret "underground" stuff going on in the world and to know about it you'd have to be killed, I wonder if it would be worth it lol?

Starman_19
March 25th, 2007, 10:56 PM

Area 51 can be found using Google earth......... so it's there even they say it's not..............................:spaceman:

laserhazel
June 27th, 2007, 05:07 PM
It really was just a weather balloon but everyone wants to believe in something unusual. It apparently wasn't easy for the officers there to disclose complete information so it got hyped out of proportion.

DarkWater
June 27th, 2007, 07:14 PM
I have it on good authority that Area 51 is nothing more than a smoke screen these days. It is dubious it ever head anything of major interest either.

"Quick, Quick throw a few big fences up, tell all the monkeys they will be shot on site should they cross the boundaries and while all the monkeys are looking over here we can get on with the real top secret stuff elsewhere"

Horseshit!

Russ
June 28th, 2007, 05:52 AM
I have it on good authority that Area 51 is nothing more than a smoke screen these days. It is dubious it ever head anything of major interest either.

"Quick, Quick throw a few big fences up, tell all the monkeys they will be shot on site should they cross the boundaries and while all the monkeys are looking over here we can get on with the real top secret stuff elsewhere"

Horseshit!

That's my theory. I bet if we ever got in there we'd basicly a large R&R area for everyone working on or visiting it.

Knowing most spies and such will make a beeline for this location.

Nox_Mortus
June 28th, 2007, 06:24 AM
well at one point it was most certainly at least an advance aircraft and flight experiment area, nowadays, it could be a smoke screen, or more likely they want everyone to think it's a smoke, the place is still more heavily guarded than fort knox was when they had a crapload of gold there.

Liberty
July 1st, 2007, 09:09 AM
I'm thinking something along the lines of Stargate. hehe Okay, I don't really know but it would be cool.
I wonder how they choose who gets to work there.

dani
July 1st, 2007, 12:13 PM
with all that heavy security in place, it's probably just some sort of secret VIP lounge for top dogs. it's already got that 'loungy' name.

all those lights? why, that's the just the world's most technologically advanced (and top secret) disco ball - it's no longer suspended, it hovers!

:spaceman:

LostSheep
July 1st, 2007, 04:11 PM
I can give an exclusive glimpse at the alien technology that's being developed there... check out this baby.

thought_on_a_wind
January 4th, 2008, 06:44 AM
ooops... I mis-cast my vote... I meant to put it in the advanced systems option... oh well, I worked with someone whose dad happened to work security there. The dude found out his dad worked there after they moved, the only way he found out is that a friend of his family showed him a pic of his dad guarding the F-117 when it was still a skunk-work project. Of course, that isn't necessarily the only thing that went on there.

thought_on_a_wind
January 4th, 2008, 06:51 AM
google bird of prey (stealthcraft) it's the predecessor to the next-gen stealth craft (F-22) that the gov is working on. It definitely has an otherworldly look to it, and I'm sure that it could easily be mistaken for an ET craft... Of course, it doesn't have the ability to hover that I'm aware of, but it's been around since 1995 I believe...

omar
May 9th, 2010, 07:39 PM
The Aliens that crashed the UFO's are long buryed. The Air Force for years have been testing craft that was developed directly from these crashed UFO's. The Stealth techknowlge came from these craft. The F - 117 fighter & the bomber. Avro of Canada is suppose to be building there own "flying saucer". The new Hyper air- space craft just flown into space by the USAF is the lattest & they ain't talking. Suppose to reach 3000 + MPH & can land like the shuttle. Does not need a rocket to get into space. Just the long runway at Area51.

Terra Mater
May 9th, 2010, 09:09 PM
The reality is its the biggest distraction ever conceived.

The real "hidden side" of our government is in the middle of the places we would least expect them. Area 51 is for the crackpot stuff that thhe military has no real use for other than to distract conspiracy theorists.

Need a secret place to test aircraft? Plenty of miles of abandoned desert where there isn't a living being for miles to do that, no need for a special base.

The guys with guns just add to the illusion.

Kaliayev
May 15th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Buncha experimental military aircraft, mostly made by Lockheed Martin's "Skunkworks" Advanced Development Program.

As always, conspiracy theories about Area 51 are a smokescreen for something far more mundane, and embarrassing, usually happening not too far away. Just how many Nazi scientists brought to the US under the auspices of Operation Paperclip had access to highly sensitive, national security related programs taking place at Los Alamos labs, anyway?

Gaudior
May 15th, 2010, 09:49 PM
My opinion will be the least popular...I just think it's a military base used for testing weapons, etc. Nevertheless, I still find it so interesting :)

ile
June 18th, 2010, 11:00 AM
they moved the ufo and the alien to either alaska or they killed the alien after getting its dna and sunk both into a deepwater trench...now they are using the dna and ship for ideas and help with bio weapons and bioengineerring...they may also try and make a virus im not sure on that

memnoch
June 18th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Nothing, it was all moved to Hangar 18 at Wright Patt AFB during Project Blue Book...seriously I don't think it was anything extra terrestrial, and likely much of it had to do with Skunk Works

Infinite Grey
June 18th, 2010, 12:27 PM
A publicity stunt.

Aeon Flux
June 18th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Russians...:hyper:

Druchii
July 1st, 2010, 11:30 AM
At one point there may have been something stored there, whether it was the wreckage from any crash that happened near Roswell or anything remotely alien in nature, in an effort to conceal it from prying public eyes.

But I think that not unlike a lot of other military bases or areas, it has multiple usages and functions, from the mundane to the fantastic.

But I don't think ALL of the knowledge on aliens would be stored there.

I think for my own curiousity, I'd like to know, but then again who doesn't like being in the know on a secret?

Chaos Hawk
July 1st, 2010, 11:37 AM
Since it's the base that everyone knows about yet "doesn't exist" I think nothing is there. It's there to give everyone something to focus on where all the real things (aliens, weapons etc) are probably done right out in the open at bases that give tours.

Louisvillian
July 7th, 2010, 02:11 PM
It's just a military base. Used for testing experimental aircraft (especially Lockheed aircraft), a fact they've been public about for some time. Anyone who thinks otherwise is probably a paranoid, conspiracy-theorist loon.

Druchii
July 7th, 2010, 02:15 PM
It's just a military base. Used for testing experimental aircraft (especially Lockheed aircraft), a fact they've been public about for some time. Anyone who thinks otherwise is probably a paranoid, conspiracy-theorist loon.

Or just open minded. I'm far from being a loon. :thumbsup:

Louisvillian
July 7th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Or just open minded.
If by "open-minded" you mean "accepting absurd ideas without verifiable evidence".

Druchii
July 7th, 2010, 02:31 PM
LOL! So I guess it wouldn't help my cause to tell you I've seen a UFO? I have no clue if it was little green men, but considering we're both posting on a site that caters to talking about the unusual, the archaic, and the fantastic, I think that UFOs by comparison, or at least the presence of alien life here on earth sounds pretty mundane.

Thunder
July 7th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Area 51 is where they keep the map and directions for how to get to area 52.

No... really.

Why would I lie?

:bigredgri

KC Destroyer of Worlds
July 7th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Area 51 is where they keep the map and directions for how to get to area 52.

No... really.

Why would I lie?

:bigredgri

Duh

omar
January 22nd, 2011, 03:25 PM
Area 51? The NEW hypersonic X plane.