PDA

View Full Version : How have attunements affected you?

Aleannah
November 7th, 2005, 01:56 PM
I was just wondering how other people's attunements have affected them. My first attunement didn't really do much, other than allow me to better control the flow of healing energy through my body. However, my second attunement has increased my level of awareness, and has strengthened and deepened all of my feelings and emotions, and the energy flows much more freely and is much more intense. I will be getting my Master attunement very soon, and am wondering what to expect with it.

RedRaven
November 7th, 2005, 04:59 PM
When it came down to Usui Reiki, the first attunement made me feel like I will filled with energy. I felt it racing through me and it felt awesome. The second attunement of this style cleared up negative emotions that I had been holding in and then I felt as if God and Goddess were there with me, embracing me. Very moving! The third attunement of Usui was the one that had the lasting impact that Reiki, and other styles, are more than just ways to heal yourself and other, but they are infact spiritual traditions. I didnt really understand this before my Usui level 3 but it was clear afterwards.

RR

KEishin
November 7th, 2005, 05:14 PM
I didn't react much with either the first or second attunement, but Master level was a jump. I've become very sensitive to my environment, more so than before. I can't use many household chemicals, perfumes are right out and I have gone back to natural sources, like baking soda or vinegar to clean. I have hard times eating pre-processed foods. Stuff like that.

Energetically, I didn't notice a huge jump in perceptions (that happened for me at 2nd), but I noticed that the energy 'output' was quite a jump for this last attunement. I often get very hot when using Reiki; my temperature jumps as much as 5 degrees. A few people have complained my hands burn and I've sworn I could see the energy coming out my palm chakras. On the upside, I've not gotten frostbitten fingers in many years now! :)

The funniest thing I've noticed - after each attunement my eyesight got better. But at first I felt cross-eyed for several minutes afterwards. Really disorienting.

Aurin
November 7th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Well, after my first degree attunement I had some deep soul searching... and cleaning house, so to speak. My life was not "right" and I feel that the first attunement helped me realize the problems and resolve them.

For the 2nd degree attunement it was a bit of a jump in "output" level but not a whole lot, really. Fairly unremarkable attunement but confidence came and I began to practice more and more, feeling the connection more. Happy with that, of course.

And then my master attunement... it was... amazing! I know what you mean about vision, Keishin -- After the master level attunement it was like the world was -focused- more. The contrast was greater, almost. The output increased exponentially (I guess I could say it felt like Reiki -used- to flow through a straw and -now- flows through the panama canal).

Over the course of the three attunements my life has changed fairly dramatically (for the better!). I would have to say go in expecting nothing but the best for yourself. Every persons experience is supposed to be different ;-)

Tanemon
November 8th, 2005, 12:49 AM
My first attunement was from a Reiki master who believed in "allin one" attunements (all three levels). It immediately and unexpectedly cleared away some emotional traces that had remained with me since childhood and adolescence - a muddy, lingering sadness in the background - just emotional stuff that I had never been able to completely shake. It also helped me unburden myself from remnants of the sadness, resentment, and frustration from an important lost love relationship. My overall mood improved and I felt more stable and more able (in just about every way) during the day, under most all circumstances.

On the physical level my daily energy level rose by maybe 20 percent. My sense of intimacy with nature (birds, dogs, horses, wild mammals) markedly increased - and, also, at least twice as many people as before acted like they really liked me! My empathy and rapport with people increased, too.

But I did not wind up a good hands-on Reiki practitioner from this "all in one" attunement. I took Levels 2 & 3 again, from two different masters.

:sunny: Tanemon

AineDanu
November 8th, 2005, 03:26 AM
The first attunement suprised me, it was a distance attunement as my Reiki Master was in Canada (he lives there but recently moved to the Netherlands) and I was in Missouri, but I could have sworn I felt him right behind me the whole time. It was the strongest I had ever felt such a sensation so that made the attunement itself memorable to me. I was able to put many issues aside afterwards, having them brought back and worked through and I was very happy about that. Energy levels (physical) are hard for me to judge. I vary to much normally to know if it was the attunements or just a "good" day:)

The second one, I felt incredible. I felt like I was the healthiest, happiest person in the world for probably three days. Then I started the reviews of things that needed healed out of my life and I went back to my normal state of health - with one exception - the pain has lessened some and for that I am sooo grateful. I have noted that there is more energy behind my healings and I feel it flowing a lot stronger.

I have not had my third attunement as my second was only a little over a month ago.

KEishin
November 8th, 2005, 10:36 AM
After the master level attunement it was like the world was -focused- more. The contrast was greater, almost.
That's exactly it! Everything seemed sharper and clearer and light seemed brighter. It was like never having worn glasses and then suddenly having someone put a set on your head.

Aleannah
November 8th, 2005, 01:02 PM
wow, thank you everyone for your input! :hugz:

Tanemon
November 8th, 2005, 01:41 PM
And then my master attunement... it was... amazing! I know what you mean about vision, Keishin -- After the master level attunement it was like the world was -focused- more. The contrast was greater, almost. The output increased exponentially (I guess I could say it felt like Reiki -used- to flow through a straw and -now- flows through the panama canal).

Like Keishin, I feel this is a good way of describing it. Or I might say it was like a radio station when the static suddenly disappears.

I had been doing yoga meditation for a lot of years, and got a lot of good results from it. But the Reiki master attunement was like a 'school graduation' (at a certain level of school), or like putting the siding and stain (or paint) on a house that's been built, or like taking a cake out of the oven at the right time.

All of which is not to say there are no spiritual levels of understanding and capability beyond this. There are. But this seems to me to be an important plateau.

:sunny: Tanemon

Morgoth
November 8th, 2005, 01:48 PM
I have tried attunements beofre but it has been pretty traumatic for the person giving it. I have alot of built up negative energy i think im going to have to deal with myself before i can try again. I wouldnt want another person to go through all that negative engery again. I feel pretty good right now hopefully i will continue too.

Aleannah
November 9th, 2005, 12:58 PM
I have tried attunements beofre but it has been pretty traumatic for the person giving it. I have alot of built up negative energy i think im going to have to deal with myself before i can try again. I wouldnt want another person to go through all that negative engery again. I feel pretty good right now hopefully i will continue too.

I hope that things go well for you in the future. Remember to try to have only positive energy in your life from this point forward. Positive energy attracts positive energy, and it may make it easier to deal with the negative energy you have stored. :hugz:

Aleannah
November 10th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Well, I received my Usui Master attunement yesterday. :acheeer: I really don't feel much different, but I think with time, it will settle in. _happydanc

Aurin
November 10th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Congrats on your master level attunement =).

It may take a while to "sink in"... Practice dilligently =).

KEishin
November 10th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Congraratulations!
That's not any easy thing to achieve.

I hate ditto posts, but Aurin said what I would say. :D

Morgandria
November 10th, 2005, 04:07 PM
I think I have an "accidental" attunement. I volunteered to have a session done as practice for 3 students studying for their master-level, and their teacher. I also took my one of my cats along with me, as he needed some help.

Well, my session was interesting, in and of itself, but the cat's was more so, for me. The teacher had me lay hands on the cat, in a certain position, I'm sure she just intended to let it flow through me, but I am already practiced in energywork and the like, so when layed on my hands I opened myself as well. I could feel the energy in the room anyway, so I figured it couldn't hurt.

My hands do not get hot from energywork normally. The whole time, my hands were burning. I could see shapes at the edges of my awareness, and hear certain...notes, tones, dunno how else to describe them. The cat, btw, loved his reiki and made the whole table vibrate with his purring.

It's been...2 years, almost 3, since then. I have done some research into the hand positions. If I practice the positions, and "open" myself, like I did then, I can feel it come up through me, and my hands start getting very hot again.
I don't know if there's anything actually to it, being UPG and all, but...yeah. Accidentally attuned.

KEishin
November 10th, 2005, 04:45 PM
It's absolutely possible.

There's a method called a healing attunement, which gives a form of the First level attunement. I've never had it actually attune someone, but I always wondered if it would!

PS: my cats have had so many healings and practice attunements that I think they glow in the dark by now! :D

Morgandria
November 10th, 2005, 05:13 PM
I sometimes find myself wondering if a distance attunement and some sort of paper-printed-material self-guide would help me to know more. I want to learn reiki, but I can't afford it, and where I'm living now there aren't any teachers.

KEishin
November 10th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Go grab yourself a copy of Diane Stein's Essential Reiki. It's an excellent primer for the basics of the different levels of Reiki.

As far as getting a distance attunement, it's worth looking into if you feel comfortbale with that. I don't know if anyone here does distance attunements, but there are some good links posted here that could give you a reputable teacher.